Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-23, 04:37 PM  
creatrix

For folks who have knee pain with barre

Ran across this video that demonstrates modifications for people whose knees hate barre (like me!) From the description:

"In my classes, one of the things that people ask for modifications for the most are moves that bother their knees. This video is designed to show you some modifications you can make to classic barre moves in order to potentially reduce/remove knee pain you might feel while exercising. There are a billion exercises out there so if something doesn't feel right for your body there are always ways to adapt an exercise to better suit you."

https://youtu.be/Mg2tkKvkf5U
Old 08-17-23, 07:25 PM  
star117

Thanks!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-23, 09:50 PM  
bfit

I'm curious if there are any modifications for people who can't stand on the balls of their feet. I can't do barre any more because I had a broken foot a couple of years ago, and I was told not to do barre again because of putting pressure on the ball of the foot. Are there any flat footed modifications?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-23, 11:55 PM  
creatrix

The instructor in the video linked is flatfooted throughout. Some of the advice I came across when I was looking into knee pain was simply to keep your heels down. Apparently plies in the releve position are tough on the knees as well as the feet.
Old 08-18-23, 06:09 AM  
alisoncooks

Thanks for sharing! This is a new channel for me, and she has some good stretching videos (I’m always looking for new, after-workout stretches!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-23, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

bfit - I would think anything that is done standing on your toes/balls of your feet could be done flat-footed. It may not be exactly the same, but it would be close!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-23, 09:29 AM  
Leonana

Thanks for the link. She has some nice workouts.
Old 08-18-23, 09:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you for the link. I never had problematic knees before, but last night doing an Ellen Barrett I noticed twinge-y feelings.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-23, 02:54 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatrix View Post
Ran across this video that demonstrates modifications for people whose knees hate barre (like me!) From the description:

"In my classes, one of the things that people ask for modifications for the most are moves that bother their knees. This video is designed to show you some modifications you can make to classic barre moves in order to potentially reduce/remove knee pain you might feel while exercising. There are a billion exercises out there so if something doesn't feel right for your body there are always ways to adapt an exercise to better suit you."

https://youtu.be/Mg2tkKvkf5U
Thanks again for posting her link. I've done a few of her workouts, and like them. Unfortunately, she hasn't made any in the past year. I guess it's not very financially feasible with a small channel.

Tags
barre, barre hacks, barre knee pain, barre tips, knee pain, modified barre