Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-13, 03:28 PM  
yahoo205

Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis Continuity Omnicentric Glutecentric Hipcentric Twice Day

I remember someone posted that they did the muscular structure twice a day? For those of you that only do TA Continuity for strength, is this a good idea?

I do remember when I got great results from Cardio Barre a long time ago I often did sections twice (and sometimes even more for leg lifts).

But, with continuity I wonder if it will bother my wrists over time?

Thanks!
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 03:44 PM  
cpcathy

Heavens, no! At least not for me. Once is enough! Besides, even Tracy doesn't tell us to do MS work two times a day. One MS and one cardio.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 05:01 PM  
daisyduke

I do it twice a day and am loving the results! Way more effective for me than half hour ms half hour dc. I have no pain in the wrists or anywhere else. The cardio was killing my joints. This leaves me a sweaty mess with no impact. Her pds is an hour as well as mat and now level three.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 05:15 PM  
Scbayless

I have never done it at two different times in a day if that's what you mean. But I have done 1 hr of MS work quiet a lot. I double up the reps, or have done two centrics.
Old 07-15-13, 05:20 PM  
carres1973

Might not be bad to get used to the idea. I think in TAs studios the MS work is an hour. Starting in year three of Continuity, MS work is an hour. I imagine it will be quite an adjustment from only 30 minutes, but I was used to working out for an hour (at least) with Cathe and others before I started with TA so it shouldn't be super different.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 05:28 PM  
F1mom

It never occurred to me to do two MS. I would much rather do that than DC which still leaves me with sore feet no matter which shoes I wear.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 06:00 PM  
carres1973

F1mom - I also find that DC leaves me with cramping/sore calves. I build muscle VERY easily and already have quite large calves. I would rather do an hour of MS work or some other type of cardio.

Carrie
Old 07-15-13, 06:24 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I feel that my success with Continuity is largely based on the fact that the workouts are only 30 minutes, which makes them "no excuse" for me - I can do them consistently over a long period of time even when I have little time, when I am bored with them, when I am tired, etc. I treat these as the foundation of my fitness regimen and I add whatever I feel like - dance cardio, KY...

For all these reasons I simply cannot imagine doing MS twice a day or even doing two centrics or doubling up the reps. I could do it in the short term but I have a feeling it would turn me off Continuity completely in the long run.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 07:36 PM  
Scbayless

My mom has really really large calves. She hates them deeply. But ever since she's done DC she has seen a slimming effect on them and no bulking.
Old 07-15-13, 08:36 PM  
carres1973

That is good to hear, Sarah! Maybe the soreness I am feeling isn't the old DOMS I am used to, but something else.

Carrie

Tags
continuity, glutecentric, hipcentric, omnicentric, tracey anderson