Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-14, 09:01 AM  
rheash92

Virtual Walk DVD's

I remember some time ago there was thread on Virtual Walk DVD's. Can't find the thread now. I know there are Virtual Active DVD's for hiking. Are they the best? Or are there any other good virtual walk DVD's? Any good recommendations? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 09:50 AM  
Betty Boop

I bought the Swiss Alps Hike, and I like it.

Mary's putting the Virtual Actives on sale next week.

I just bought a Singapore Skylines walk dvd put out by a different company. I bought it on Amazon, but here's a link to their web site if you want to preview them:

https://www.worldnaturevideo.com/shop.html

Last edited by Betty Boop; 04-04-14 at 09:57 AM. Reason: More info
Betty Boop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 01:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
I bought the Swiss Alps Hike, and I like it.

Mary's putting the Virtual Actives on sale next week.
Good to know!
I have the Northern Italy Hike and the Swiss Alps Hike. Maybe I'll pick up some others.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 02:29 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post

I just bought a Singapore Skylines walk dvd put out by a different company. I
Okay, I'll ask the inevitable question: dvd or dvdr?

I was watching clips and it says something about "hoovering" over the picture. I thought they surely meant hovering but it was on more than one clip. Thoughts?
Old 04-04-14, 02:50 PM  
Betty Boop

I think the Singapore video was produced in Asia (says that on the opening credits as I recall) which might explain the "hoovering." As far as DVD vs. DVD-R, I purchased it from Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Virtual-Walks-...singapore+walk

It's high quality photography. I have a small TV screen; I think it would be outstanding on a larger one.
Old 04-04-14, 02:58 PM  
geojill

Virtual active hikes are **SPECTACULAR** I them so much! I go for the downloads as I don't do the guided and prefer my own music. Worth every penny and I can't wait for the tropical ones to come out sometime this year! They filmed in Hawaii and Costa Rica or Panama, I believe (I asked on facebook for tropical ones when we had sub-zero temps and they said they would be released in 2014 sometime.
Old 04-04-14, 03:56 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Virtual active hikes are **SPECTACULAR** I them so much! I go for the downloads as I don't do the guided and prefer my own music. Worth every penny and I can't wait for the tropical ones to come out sometime this year! They filmed in Hawaii and Costa Rica or Panama, I believe (I asked on facebook for tropical ones when we had sub-zero temps and they said they would be released in 2014 sometime.
They also filmed in extreme southern South America - not sure when those are coming out either.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 04:16 PM  
PLS

I have the lifetime Bitgym membership from the kickstarter program last year. It uses the VA workouts- hiking, running and biking with an app that can tell how fast you are going on your equipment and other features that escape me. Apparently they have a monthly fee for access to all of the workouts that they have added so far, and are going to add new workouts weekly. I need to remember I have this, and use it. I LOVE the scenery in all of these. I have a lot of the VA dvd's , but still think I will get my use out of the Bitgym app.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 06:00 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS View Post
I have the lifetime Bitgym membership from the kickstarter program last year. It uses the VA workouts- hiking, running and biking with an app that can tell how fast you are going on your equipment and other features that escape me. Apparently they have a monthly fee for access to all of the workouts that they have added so far, and are going to add new workouts weekly. I need to remember I have this, and use it. I LOVE the scenery in all of these. I have a lot of the VA dvd's , but still think I will get my use out of the Bitgym app.
I have the lifetime membership, too. i'm planning on trying the brand new Chilean Patagonia ride tomorrow I love how good they are with adding new workouts.
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-14, 06:39 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I also have the Bitgym lifetime membership. I love it even though I already had a bunch of the Virtual Active videos. The interactive part is fun and it does motivate me.

Virtual Active just sent me an email offering a free 3 months membership in Bitgym. The email contained a unique code to get the free 3 months. You do have to download the Bitgym app into your IOS or Android device first. If anyone else got the same email, I recommend doing the free trial. Even if you don't plan on continuing, at least you can check out the Virtual Active video offerings.

Tags
bitgym, virtual active