Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-14, 07:11 PM  
cowfishpro

I didn't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was mentioned already. I just wonder if they will be going the digital route and start offering downloads. That would be one good reason to clear out all the hard copies of stuff. Just a thought.
Old 04-08-14, 07:20 PM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
What!!!??????? Wow, maybe they just wanted to clear out and start over?
You and I are thinking along the same lines because that's exactly what I'm sitting here thinking.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 07:51 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
I didn't read the entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was mentioned already. I just wonder if they will be going the digital route and start offering downloads. That would be one good reason to clear out all the hard copies of stuff. Just a thought.
This does make sense. I don't know what their intentions were, but it does seem strange that they announced going out of business and are now suddenly coming back.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 08:14 PM  
froggy

I bought items because they were going out of business that I would not have bought under normal circumstances, so I am definitely feeling duped regardless Collages intentions.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 08:48 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

They did say they would have a wider selection of fitness dvds and related products.
Old 04-08-14, 09:05 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

FYI, if you do a search on a DVD right now and click on the link to the Collage page for it, you just get that 'We'll be back' page, not the old info pages that could still be accessed until that went up. Not sure what that means. I'd have thought the site and info would have been one of the valuable assets.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 09:51 PM  
katalina

While I've not shopped from Collage very often, I was sorry to hear that they were closing. I decided to place a farewell order for one dvd with them. I placed the order on a Monday, they charged my credit card on Wednesday. Thursday I checked my account for a tracking number - the order didn't exist. I called and was informed that my order was cancelled because the dvd was sold out. Okay - then why was my credit card charged 2 days after I placed the order? Many phone calls and emails later -- I received the credit for my cancelled order/dvd. Far too much effort required...
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 06:07 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy View Post
I bought items because they were going out of business that I would not have bought under normal circumstances, so I am definitely feeling duped regardless Collages intentions.
I never bought anything from Collage and know nothing about them, but isn't it against the law to have a "going out of business sale" and then not go out of business? I'm not sure if that pertains to online business or not, but like froggy said, if I bought something during the sale that I wouldn't normally buy, I'd feel duped too. I'm no lawyer, but it just seems strange.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 06:36 AM  
twinkletoes

No matter what the case may be, I'm still glad I finally got to complete my Paul Katami collection.
Old 04-09-14, 06:59 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm confused with all the blaming Collage for purchases made during the sale. Even if it was a purchase that otherwise wouldn't have been made.... well, no one was forced to make a purchase.

I bought dvds in the sale. I don't feel "duped." I had the option to simply send Collage my best wishes, instead of my money. I made a choice to buy something.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage