Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-14, 06:41 AM  
sherry7899

Dede-yes, that is the book by Tess Masters. I am definitely not buying a dehydrator!

I wish BJ's had "Oh She Glows." I may order it when I get my Amazon reward points this month. Thanks everyone for their opinions!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 07:20 AM  
SuzieC

Yesterday I made another recipe from Oh she glows - the Oilfree chocolate zucchini muffins. They are to die for! Yum!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sherry, I am also waiting (and hoping) to see at at BJ's first. If it's one of these "2 cups of [this or that], soaked for five hours" I won't pick it up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 08:23 AM  
sherry7899

Pat-it is being sold in Barnes and Noble if you want to take a look there.

Sherry

Old 04-08-14, 06:42 AM  
sherry7899

I just read on her blog that it is being sold in Target starting today-wow! That is great for her!

Oddly, on the Target website it says "not available in stores" but maybe they did not update the site yet.

Sherry

Old 04-08-14, 09:37 AM  
daisyfit

This book is the best. I love it, recipes are easy to make and super tasty.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 02:40 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I just read on her blog that it is being sold in Target starting today-wow! That is great for her!

Oddly, on the Target website it says "not available in stores" but maybe they did not update the site yet.

Sherry
Wow, that's a pretty good price. I wonder how much it is at Costco? I couldn't find it on their website.
Old 04-08-14, 02:43 PM  
sherry7899

I'm wondering if Target charges more in the store than the website. I know Barnes and Noble does, but I don't know if Target is the same.

Sherry

Old 04-09-14, 12:49 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Sherry, I am also waiting (and hoping) to see at at BJ's first. If it's one of these "2 cups of [this or that], soaked for five hours" I won't pick it up.
I flipped through it again last night, and most of the "soak overnight" recipes are in the breakfast section or involve her cashew cream (I'd probably sub greek yogurt for that anyway, not being vegan). As she does on the blog, each recipe has an estimated prep time and cooking time, along with the food allergy info. There really aren't a lot of the beans-and-rice type of recipes, but there are some long-ish ingredient lists, mostly of spices and veggies. (For example, her lentil nut loaf recipe has 17 ingredients, whereas my go-to recipe from Walter Willett has 10.) If you're not into chopping veggies, look elsewhere

As others have said, there are a lot of obscure-ish ingredients, like buckwheat groats, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, etc., so if you don't have a good source for those kinds of things nearby, like a Whole Foods-type store or a health food store with a lot of bulk bins, it might be frustrating.

Hope that helps!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 04-09-14 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo, add link
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-14, 01:43 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kate, that is excellent feedback - thank you! Those are all the points I was concerned about.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cookbooks