Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-15, 10:45 AM  
momof10

I didn't have any problem getting on her site at all. I downloaded Electric Glow around 4:30 this morning. The background is absolutely stunning. The workout is 44 minutes and I would say it's an Express Royale up until about 7 minutes before it ends then she does some ab work with some newer and older moves worked in it. I did Phase 1 and Royale back to back yesterday and did weights the day before that, so my upper body was sore going into Royale yesterday, so EG was very upper body intensive with minimal leg work. She really did a mixture of some of the Royale moves along with some newer moves. I really enjoyed it. I followed up with BTM 2 in order to get the glute work, too.

I think this will be good for people who are short on time and the ones who wanted to break up Royale. It will give them a chance to see what her newer workouts are like without having to do a 94 minute work out.

Cheryl
Old 03-23-15, 10:47 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin13 View Post
Did any one else get an error message from Wordfence saying access to site has been limited? I cannot get on Tonique store site an error message reads like i am the administrator of the site which I am not, super weird!
I got an error saying my order didn't submit but to wait for an order confirmation. I got it a few minutes' later.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-15, 10:49 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof10 View Post
I think this will be good for people who are short on time and the ones who wanted to break up Royale. It will give them a chance to see what her newer workouts are like without having to do a 94 minute work out.

Cheryl
I completely agree with this from a non-tonique expert. I have Royale and I've done it twice. This is very similar moves with the push ups, planks, etc. but it looks so much more manageable!

I'm wondering if I should use this on an upper body day instead of lower Cheryl?

Old 03-23-15, 11:31 AM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I completely agree with this from a non-tonique expert. I have Royale and I've done it twice. This is very similar moves with the push ups, planks, etc. but it looks so much more manageable!

I'm wondering if I should use this on an upper body day instead of lower Cheryl?
It's definitely mostly upper body done in the downward dog position. There is only one move that she does between switching sides which was a diagonal lunge. The warm up does have some squats in it, too. She does the jumping squats to bent over kick right leg out to the side, then left leg back to a jumping squat, which she didn't do in the first side. I am thinking the first side was just the kick to the side. I am currently in love with the bent over moves and this sure has lots of those moves in it. I wouldn't do it for a lower body day at all, definitely for an upper body day. She doesn't use weights with this one either.

Cheryl
Old 03-24-15, 06:39 AM  
Sinclair

Just a little tip: If you're not up to doing all the moves in downward dog - you can do quite a few of the moves on all-fours.

Just thought I'd mention that, since I prefer this modification that stopping and restarting

ETA: I just did it again - and I love it so, so much! I like the music, the background is breathtaking and Sylwia is her usual enthusiastic, inspiring, fit and so-so-kind self - I would never use any of her workouts without her voice-over, especially since she doesn't talk that much to begin with and I just love her little messages!

So... IMO this is a fantastic Tonique workout for people that are afraid of Tonique due to the high reps of Squats and Lunges - there are hardly any here. I would even go so far as to suggest it as an introduction to Tonique. Now, that doesn't mean it is EASY at all! It is still HARD.
But the fact that there's only one push-up move (which can be modified to doing plank only), 3 Squat moves (one of these is repeated once in the middle to switch sides) and only 1 Lunge move (repeated as well) - makes this very doable IMO. You have to be comfortable in downdog though, or willing to modify and/or build up to the moves.

I had such a blast doing it - I loved every single move - and I didn't have any dread like I can have with her more Squat/Lunge intensive workouts when I'm not conditioned for them. Which is why I think it's a great introduction. You can really build strength with this without being crippling sore the next day. You have to be smart though and do only what you can and how much you can and don't mind modifying (all-fours, plank, etc.).

It's just such a great workout to me - some may not like it as much because it's not as leg-frying as her others - but I love this because I can do it at the current level I am at and continue to grow with it

If you do this without any modifications, it's a hard workout - especially for the arms and abs.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-15, 01:38 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

I am so frustrated, I am still locked out of Tonique store and neither Sylwia , who I tried to contact via Facebook because I can't access "contact us" button thru web page nor WordFence has responded to my call for help(BLAH!) I would luv to purchase this download but can't, feel like Verruca Salt , "but I want it now!", LOL.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 12:42 AM  
Sinclair

Everybody Rocks and Get Lifted are up now!
Old 03-26-15, 01:12 AM  
Sinclair

Just previewed ER:
Sylwia is on the grass and you see the sea behind her, there are people walking too but nothing distracting so far. It's sunrise again but not as electric as in EG.
She starts with Downdog Leg Lifts (basic, crossing one leg behind the other on the ground and the one where she plants her leg next to her shoulder),
then comes All-Fours work (basic lift with mini-push-up, lift to side kick, and then she adds an arm to the move so you are balancing on one knee/leg and one arm),
then comes Downdog again with basic leg lifts and then the push-up move from EG,
then she changes sides and does all of this on the other side,
then she does some ab exercises with the last being from crunching up tp move to downdog to a handstand kick,
then she's in Downdog again with the sort of side-plank to arm lift from her other workouts and basic lifts with push-ups (she's doing both legs so no repeat on other side),
then she does the ab moves for the other side,
then come basic side leg lifts and side leg lifts to downdog handstand kick,
then she does the Downdog leg lift like the one in EG after the inner thigh move,
then she repeats the side leg lifts on the other side,
then abs again,
then basic squats and squat pulses,
then basic downdog leg lifts on both sides,
and then she does basic push-ups and the last move is a plank to belly to plank push-up.

HTH
Old 03-26-15, 07:41 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for posting all your thoughts, Sinclair! I think I'll wait for the DVD, but these sound fantastic!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-15, 08:00 AM  
momofcha

I echo Sinclair's comments on EG. I just finished it, and I am a tonique novice. I it. It is my favorite tonique. I've done Royale once, but it was so intimidating. This one is very approachable. I felt great doing it. I actually thought throughout it that I was making progress because it was so do-able. Like she said, it's HARD, but so manageable....until that move at the end. OMG I thought I was going to puke right then. I modified it, and shortened the reps, so it's definitely something to work up to.

I am a sweaty mess right now, but I feel so exhilarated!!! I think this is a great place to start as it combines her "new way" of working the upper body with the lower and I just feel amazing right now.

Tags
hawaii, tonique