Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-19-13, 06:57 PM  
isebelleg44

So what is the overall verdict on the latest Cathe workouts?

I have done all of the workouts, except for the Greatest Hits, which I have done since I have owned all of Cathe's workouts at one point or another.

Surprisingly the cardio workouts were my favorites in this series, with the exception of Rockout Knockout. I am especially shocked at how much I enjoyed the step workouts. I don't remember the last time I did a step workout that was longer than 30 minutes and these two workouts absolutely flew by for me.

I also really liked the X10 workouts and loved Pedal Power.

I thought the strength workouts were on the easier side, but will provide a balance to my tougher workouts. I was the most disappointed in Leaner Legs & Abs.

So what do you think?

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 09:11 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I only kept 4 of the new ones, Flex Train, Rockout Knockout, Lean Legs and Abs, and Great Glutes

I really like these. I can't use weights for the lower body due to knee issues. I modify a lot. I like to think Cathe had me in mind when she did these

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-13, 10:14 PM  
tiletha444

I like them all! When Cathe said these would be fun workouts, I think she delivered. These have absolutely NO dread factor. I was surprised that I liked the step workouts so much! I'm very happy with the purchase.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 01:05 AM  
s2546

i love them- i had cancelled my preorder except for flextrain- then i ordered x10, glutes and lean legs from mary after seeing clips- they are fun and easily used and combined with other workouts. flextrain is great

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:13 AM  
gigi

I like most of them, especially the step workouts, X10 and Flex Train. Greatest Hits doesn't tempt me at all so I may trade it. I have done sections of Lean Legs & Abs and Great Glutes so I need to do those to give them a fair shake. Rockout Knockout is my least favorite so far.

Good workouts with wacky but fun music (if silly lyric changes don't bother you...they sometimes just make me laugh out loud during my workout), typical non-helpful premixes I've now come to expect from Cathe, poor chaptering but mostly solid workouts that will find some regular use.
Old 10-20-13, 08:48 AM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I Good workouts with wacky but fun music (if silly lyric changes don't bother you...they sometimes just make me laugh out loud during my workout), typical non-helpful premixes I've now come to expect from Cathe, poor chaptering but mostly solid workouts that will find some regular use.
Waht do you mean the pre-mixes are non-helpful?
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:53 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
Well for example, in X10, low impact is included in almost every premix. Lean Legs & Abs and Great Glutes should have been on one dvd so the two workouts could have combined premixes or she should have included premixes combining the two workouts like she did for the step workouts. The premixes pretty much leave out a section or two. I guess they are o.k. and maybe I would miss them if she didn't do premixes but for all the talk of premixes it isn't anything I can't do myself with a quick fast forward. Those are just a couple of examples I can think of right off the top of my head.
Old 10-20-13, 08:57 AM  
Bebop

Thanks. I think her best pre-mixes were the intensity series and bodyblast.

X-train has some nice pre-mixes. ALso, on the Intensity Disc there is a pre-mix that I use that combines the low impact hiit with the circuit.

However, lately, I've been using the mix and match and chapters to create my own pre-mixes.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:19 AM  
pricek

I only have Flex Train and I love it!
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 09:20 AM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
The premixes are totally lame. Kelly Coffey-Meyer now blows Cathe out of the water in the premix department.

Every premix Cathe offers is something that I can easily accomplish using my remote control.

X10 should have been chaptered by exercise instead of as big chunks. Then premixes could have been weights only, cardio only, alternating cardio and weights, etc.

Same with Rockout Knockout-- my biggest disappointment in this series. It is chaptered so badly that there is no way for me to even create the format I want with her "workout blender" online. I love for the combos to be alternating with some cardio blasts. Can't be done.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe 2013 workouts, cathe remix series