Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-20, 07:27 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivelo View Post
I had great success converting VHS to digital format using a little device like this one. Only a few tapes failed. This one's too expensive. There are better prices on Amazon and Ebay. You probably can get one from Wish for a fraction of that if you can stand the wait. https://www.amazon.com/If-Link-Captu...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Thank you for the suggestion. I have no way to watch digital format in my workout area.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 09:47 AM  
Harivelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalina View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. I have no way to watch digital format in my workout area.
I save copies of the digital version on external hard drives in case the VHS is corrupted or lost. I'm playing with the idea of uploading one on my tablet but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I also burn a DVD that I use for working out.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 02:08 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harivelo View Post
I had great success converting VHS to digital format using a little device like this one. Only a few tapes failed. This one's too expensive. There are better prices on Amazon and Ebay. You probably can get one from Wish for a fraction of that if you can stand the wait. https://www.amazon.com/If-Link-Captu...dDbGljaz10cnVl
That looks like the same setup as one I purchased from Roxio that also apparently allows one to splice and dice clips to make a whole movie. I haven't ventured into that territory but I found the Roxio program easy to use and I successfully converted almost all my VHS to DVD. I was so afraid I would lose some of my oldies but goodies that were not issued on DVD!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 01:46 AM  
hypnomoon

I have a mess load of CIA VHS tapes that I can't part with. I don't think I even have a VCR anywhere!! I fool myself into thinking I'll get them recorded over to a DVD. But, now, maybe I should change my fantasy into believing I will change them over to a video file. LOL
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 09:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
I have a mess load of CIA VHS tapes that I can't part with. I don't think I even have a VCR anywhere!! I fool myself into thinking I'll get them recorded over to a DVD. But, now, maybe I should change my fantasy into believing I will change them over to a video file. LOL
LOL it took me YEARS to finally get it together to get most of my VHS tapes copied to DVD! I found a Sony DVD/VCR combo at Goodwill for $10 (and they would take it back if it didn't work, but it did!) and installed the Roxio program and it was easier than I imagined. I'd love to know what CIAs you have! I just rebought one of Franny Benedetto's workouts on Ebay that my old VCR ate years ago. My next project will be getting them in a digital format. I "think" the program I have will do this. I haven't tried, but I will look when I get the Franny B tape later this week.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Old 07-08-20, 12:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I found a Sony DVD/VCR combo at Goodwill for $10 (and they would take it back if it didn't work, but it did!) and installed the Roxio program and it was easier than I imagined.
what model # is the Sony DVD/VCR combo? thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 12:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
what model # is the Sony DVD/VCR combo? thanks.
It’s model SLV-D261P.

Old 07-08-20, 07:41 PM  
videofit

Years ago I had all my videos converted to DVDs which I use to this day. Expensive if you have to pay for it, which I didn't. If something is irreplaceable it's worth it.

Tags
firm lower body sculpting, vhs