Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-20, 06:16 PM  
LAC

So I guess it's time to move on...

I had just one lonely little VHS tape left in my collection and today the mean old VCR ate it. I spent a few minutes trying to salvage it and then accepted that it was a lost cause. Just for a moment I considered hopping onto ebay and looking for a replacement, but I've decided that I'm going to accept this as the universe telling me it is time to move on. So, goodbye and a fond farewell to Madeleine Lewis Walking Fit Strength Workout, it was nice to have known you!
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 06:22 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I don't take well to being forced to move on before I'm ready, so I feel your pain.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham

Last edited by Rivercat; 06-27-20 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 07:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

sorry to hear this!

isn't the strength workout available on DVD somewhere?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:46 PM  
anetta

Bummer is it on dvd?

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 04:50 AM  
LAC

Thanks for commiserating with me! I'll keep my eyes open, but it's not on DVD that I've ever seen, nor is it available on Gaia's streaming channel.
Old 06-28-20, 07:38 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
Thanks for commiserating with me! I'll keep my eyes open, but it's not on DVD that I've ever seen, nor is it available on Gaia's streaming channel.
I think I have this. Sent you a PM.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 08:05 AM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
I think I have this. Sent you a PM.
I would be so happy to have this as a DVD! I've replied to your PM. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 06-28-20, 08:26 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

A few of my favorite workouts are only on VHS. Just for fun, I recently searched for VCR's. They're not easy to find, and even then, the prices seem inflated. I took my parents' old one when we cleaned my mother's house. It doesn't work well and I don't want to risk it eating a tape. Would it be worth taking it somewhere to be cleaned or otherwise checked out?
Old 06-28-20, 11:45 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I had just one lonely little VHS tape left in my collection and today the mean old VCR ate it. I spent a few minutes trying to salvage it and then accepted that it was a lost cause. Just for a moment I considered hopping onto ebay and looking for a replacement, but I've decided that I'm going to accept this as the universe telling me it is time to move on. So, goodbye and a fond farewell to Madeleine Lewis Walking Fit Strength Workout, it was nice to have known you!
The end of an era!

We still l have VHS that we use. Most are OOP and were never made into DVDs.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 01:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
A few of my favorite workouts are only on VHS. Just for fun, I recently searched for VCR's. They're not easy to find, and even then, the prices seem inflated. I took my parents' old one when we cleaned my mother's house. It doesn't work well and I don't want to risk it eating a tape. Would it be worth taking it somewhere to be cleaned or otherwise checked out?
your best bet is to just go to Walmart or target, a good thrift store that you trust where you can maybe test it out (buy an inexpensive VHS tape for this purpose), or even craigslist.

you can even ask friends if they have any that they're not using anymore. good luck, and keep us posted!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vhs