Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-15-14, 04:42 PM  
donnamp

I second Hip Helpers and I also recommend her Post Athletic Stretch DVD- it actually has a practice for runners and that one is my favorite of all on this DVD (even though I don't run any more - I do walk a lot - and this practice has great hip and lower back openers).

I just ordered Yoga Tune Up At Home level 1 and I'm happy to read that so many people found it beneficial - I have mostly lower back and hip issues, myself - although occasionally my upper back will rebel also. I'm actually waiting for a replacement of the first disc as that one was defective (the others all were fine). Jill's company was very responsive about the issue!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 05:54 PM  
Vantreesta

I would also recommend Hip Helpers. As others have mentioned, it is chaptered, so you don't have to do the whole thing. In 2009 I suffered a hamstring avulsion and hip labral tear. After things were healed enough that I was allowed to start stretching again, I emailed Jill and with her guidance began doing the leg series and pelvic primer from the Hip Helpers DVD nearly every day. I also was doing exercises from my PT to help strengthen my hips, hamstrings, and core. This helped me tremendously. I still have some pain from my injuries, but Jill and my PT helped me regain my flexibility. I would also note that her Post Athletic Stretches has one practice (I think it's the runner one) that includes all my favorite stretches from HH in a 20ish minute practice. Best of luck to you! (Hi, Fran! )
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-14, 09:29 PM  
lrb04

Vantreesta* You know I was talking about you!

For anyone interested I am going to be trying an experiment with my old injury shoulder which has limited ROM & pain in certain positions. In the check in section I will be doing a challenge to make sure I use the tune up balls to my shoulder almost daily & will post my other Jill workouts. If you want to join me for checking in with Jill please do!
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=206888
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-14, 07:45 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loleen View Post
Thank you for the additional responses!

Lisa, you have given me great hope. How many times a week did you do Jill's workouts? Are they something that I could do almost every day?
I tried to do 4 or 5 times a week.

I do have the Hip Helper workout, and it is chaptered well so you can pick and choose for sure. But I think the At Home workouts are better, because they are shorter and ease you in to the more advanced versions over time.

Tags
hip, hip helpers, jill miller, sacroiliac joint, si joint