Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-13, 04:40 PM  
rosepetals

Sacroiliac Joint issues

Where were the threads dealing with Sacroiliac issues?

The chiropractor thinks this may be my issue with continuing back pain.

What has worked for you in dealing with this issue?

Thank you.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 04:56 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch and Lee Holden's 7 Minutes of Magic have been very helpful for me and my crazy gymnast back and hip. I also really like Holden's Lower Back Pain dvd.

Back pain stinks. I hope you get relief.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 08:31 PM  
CarlaVeg

I have si joint issues, nothing works best than the sacro wedgy for me.... chiro helps too but this is definitely the best for my issue

http://www.amazon.com/SACRO-WEDGY-St...ds=sacro+wedgy

good luck, I know how debilitating SI joint issues are

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 08:42 PM  
rosepetals

Thank you for the ideas !!!

My issue has improved considerably since I started seeing him. It was improving for awhile on the time between visits, but recently it started popping out the same day I get it popped back in.

He told me to do supermans to improve the surrounding muscles.
Old 04-06-13, 12:07 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosepetals View Post
Thank you for the ideas !!!

My issue has improved considerably since I started seeing him. It was improving for awhile on the time between visits, but recently it started popping out the same day I get it popped back in.

He told me to do supermans to improve the surrounding muscles.
I saw a chiro for awhile also and found the same thing...the adjustments didn't hold in place. I find stretching and strengthening to be more effective.
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 11:01 AM  
KarenH

Whenever I exercise, I always wear my Serola SI Joint belt ( purchased this on amazon) and has helped to stabilize the joints. I found that any type of twisting, turning motions can cause my joints to hurt and when I did a DVD that had weighted woodchops, I really hurt myself. Sometimes I even wear the belt under my pants if I'm having a flare up. Google youtube for SI joint exercises and alot of videos will come up and show you how to strengthen them.
Old 04-06-13, 12:02 PM  
rosepetals

Thank you Karen. Yesterday when I went to the chiropractor he did the adjustments. I had severe pain he could see in my expression and eyes. He even gave me a hug. It felt better after the adjustme nt. I got home sat down and reached for something across my body with my arm. Well the dang thing popped out within a half hour of being adjusted. I feel like he is doing the right adjustments, but it's my body not holding it. Since then it hurts again. Sigh.

I don't know how many insurance adjustments are covered. I need to make the adjustments last.

I have the sacro wedgy in the cart.

The classical stretch workouts were working really well, but something changed in my body to where the adjustments aren't holding.

How often do you wear the belt? Everyday, all day? My back pops when I roll out of bed in the morning too. If I do yoga or CS it pops in and out. Sometimes for the better other times not. Thanks.
Old 04-06-13, 12:06 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
I have si joint issues, nothing works best than the sacro wedgy for me.... chiro helps too but this is definitely the best for my issue

http://www.amazon.com/SACRO-WEDGY-St...ds=sacro+wedgy

good luck, I know how debilitating SI joint issues are
Interesting. What do you actually do with this? Lie on it under your back? Wear it?
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 01:21 PM  
starbelly

My SI is hypermobile (the movement you feel is called nutation and counternutation) and sometimes the movement feels good and other times it pinches. What has helped me most is doing the bridge series from Ballet Beautiful on a regular basis. I used to do it twice a week, but now I can do it once for maintenance. The DVD isn't expensive (it might even be on sale at Mary's), and the sequence is the first one on the DVD and less than 15 minutes. I always used to feel counternutation on my first couple of updogs but I rarely do which I take to mean that my SI is more stable.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 02:58 PM  
KarenH

The Serola SI joint belt wraps around your hips and holds your SI joints and helps to keep them from shifting. They are sized acording to your hip size. My Chiro recommended it to me. If they are acting up, I wear it during the day and even at night but always when exercising as you can twist and turn and the joints can shift resulting in pain. The chiro told me that since I have had it happen a few times, I am prone to it happening again so I always make sure to wear it when I know I will be moving around alot.

Tags
back issues, back pain, sacroiliac joint, si joint