Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-12, 07:11 PM  
donnadc

BunnyHop, when I do the one legged exercises in V-core, I keep a dowel rod in my hand (vertically) about an inch or so off the floor.
When I need help with balance, it's right there and I just touch it to the ground. You could also use a broom handle, etc.
donnadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 08:05 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnadc View Post
BunnyHop, when I do the one legged exercises in V-core, I keep a dowel rod in my hand (vertically) about an inch or so off the floor.
When I need help with balance, it's right there and I just touch it to the ground. You could also use a broom handle, etc.
What a great idea! And I do have a piece of PVC pipe that I keep for Gin Miller's Straight up Stick workout.

I tend to just keep my stepstool nearby, it has a handle at about waist height, perfect for most 'need a bit of reassurance' situations. I always use it that way when doing lunges, I'd rather sacrifice a tiny bit of balance practice and get my form right.Over time, I'm learning that helps me gain both balance and strength.

Oh, and hey, way to enable, guys, thanks a bunch.

I ordered V-Core this afternoon. I like shorter workouts, and it's occurred to me that this might actually be a good way for me to work on both balance and backache issues at the same time.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 07:48 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Sounds like someone should do a V-Core dvd that is more fun to do!

Is V-Core much different from standing yoga moves that are balance-focused? Or how about Tony Horton's One on One On One Leg for Legs?
Old 07-26-12, 09:57 AM  
runnermom

Lucia, I think it's different than yoga balance moves. More like dance to me. It doesn't remind me of yoga at all. In the basics and dynamics sections, you are alternating doing single leg deadlifts, side leg lifts, & extensions on one leg and then switching. I don't know what Tony's on One Leg workout is like so I can't really say how the two compare.
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 10:33 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I did V-Core Basics and Dynamics this morning, and the deadlift moves actually did remind me a bit of doing a yoga flow, but that was the only part. Mostly it's not really very yoga-like.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-12, 10:34 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermom View Post
Lucia, I think it's different than yoga balance moves. More like dance to me. It doesn't remind me of yoga at all. In the basics and dynamics sections, you are alternating doing single leg deadlifts, side leg lifts, & extensions on one leg and then switching. I don't know what Tony's on One Leg workout is like so I can't really say how the two compare.
Thanks, runnermom! That doesn't sound boring, to me...hmmm.
Old 07-29-12, 10:18 AM  
lucia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnermom View Post
Thanks, runnermom! That doesn't sound boring, to me...hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I did V-Core Basics and Dynamics this morning, and the deadlift moves actually did remind me a bit of doing a yoga flow, but that was the only part. Mostly it's not really very yoga-like.
Thanks, bee!
Old 08-01-12, 05:16 PM  
BunnyHop

Just received this workout in the mail today, and after previewing a good bit of it, the thing that stands out to me is the way it's scripted. She always talks about 'that foot', 'those toes', etc. Never 'your foot' or 'your toes', which strikes me as a tad odd.

There's also a sing-songy sports announcer emphasis to the way she says things sometimes that just makes me laugh. Maybe that will reduce the dread factor?

I do think this is one I'll add in to my rotation. The pace seems reasonable, and I like the way it's put together.

Really do need to work on things like balance, too, so this is a good way to get in some short segments.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 07:22 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Just received this workout in the mail today, and after previewing a good bit of it, the thing that stands out to me is the way it's scripted. She always talks about 'that foot', 'those toes', etc. Never 'your foot' or 'your toes', which strikes me as a tad odd.

There's also a sing-songy sports announcer emphasis to the way she says things sometimes that just makes me laugh. Maybe that will reduce the dread factor?

I do think this is one I'll add in to my rotation. The pace seems reasonable, and I like the way it's put together.

Really do need to work on things like balance, too, so this is a good way to get in some short segments.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Her delivery is a little different. It doesn't make me laugh really, but it does capture my attention. She's kind of matter-of-fact and business-like. The routine is very well put together, IMO. Efficient. Good core and excellent balance work. I'll be 64 next month and I know how increasingly important that is.

Love this workout!

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-12, 07:47 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Emily is odd--it is strange cuing. Even the fact that she doesn't mirror cue is strange to me. It is a well put together workout, though. I should do it tomorrow. I ran out of time today.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sciatica, si joint, v-core, v-core workout, vcore