Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-12, 05:45 PM  
runnermom

V-Core is my cure for SI joint/sciatica issues

I have had this dvd for awhile and have done it a few times. The instructor grates on my nerves some days and this workout is definitely an "eat your vegetables" type of workout for me. Well, my SI joint has been acting up the last 4-5 days and the pain was starting to radiate down my leg like sciatica. I remembered this workout helping before when my SI joint was wonky and it worked! My pain is gone and I am so glad! I know there are other VF'ers who deal with SI joint issues so I wanted to post how this workout helped me. SI joints are tricky things but maybe this workout will help some one else besides me!
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 05:51 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I can see what you mean about eating your vegetables--V-Core really helped me strengthen my abs, back, ankles, and hips after baby #3. It's not one I eagerly reach for day after day though.

I'm curious, what/how do you think it helped? Like maybe it strengthened another area so your SI joint wasn't affected?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 06:02 PM  
runnermom

Pratima, I remember you from the prenatal check-in from one of my last pregnancies (the 3rd & 4th are kindof blending together right now!). I think V-Core helps realign my pelvis somehow and I wonder if it gets some muscles to fire up that weren't before. All I know is that before my workout I was hurting and after I wasn't. Kind of miraculous when other things I had been trying to realign my pelvis weren't getting the job done. It's nice that it can realign my pevis and strengthen all those stabilizing muscles that can get beat up from pregnancy.
Old 07-23-12, 06:10 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Do you do the whole workout, or is there a particular section that you think helped with your SI joint?

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 06:56 PM  
buttons11

thanks for the tip!

I'm so glad you have found something that gives such immediate relief
that is awesome

I'll check it out

I know what you mean though
I'm working w/a trainer with kettlebells and it is helping tremendously
but I don't think I can pick out one specific exercise or stretch that is doing the trick...

I do know I need to work on strengthening my transverse abdominals & my gluteous medius while also working on hip flexor flexibility. ..

Honestly I don't think one type of exercise is going to fix this, so I'm open to a variety of tactics

thanks again!
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 07:20 PM  
daisysunshine

thanks for posting this. I was just diagnosed with SI syndrome and so if this will help I'll totally be doing this when I am cleared for exercise.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 07:52 PM  
Raphig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Do you do the whole workout, or is there a particular section that you think helped with your SI joint?

Thanks

Emma
Runnermom -
I'd also like to know this. My SI joint pain has been doing much better, but if there's something out there that can help it further, I'm willing to try it! Plus, I already have V-core and that would motivate me to get some use out of it.

Thanks-
Terri
Raphig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 07:54 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

V-Core has really helped me with SI pain and balance issues. Thank you for posting this--I really hate the workout but need to get it back into my rotation.

Talk about taking your medicine!

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-12, 08:03 PM  
runnermom

I usually do either the basics or dynamics section. Sometimes I will do the floor core section after the basics or dynamics part.
Old 07-23-12, 11:08 PM  
princess76

That looks really good, thanks for sharing!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sciatica, si joint, v-core, v-core workout, vcore