Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-11, 06:21 PM  
D72

Suzanne Bowen's latest 10MS (UK-only) release: Blast Off Body Fat

Not sure if she's planning to bring it to the US eventually as well?
D72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 06:40 PM  
moonbeam31

Is this just a mix of her other 3 - 10Min Solution workouts re-packeged for the U.K.? Is this an altogether new workout? IDK?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-11, 06:54 PM  
D72

I actually don't think this is a compilation/re-release.
Old 03-14-11, 03:54 AM  
christabel

Hi Diana,

no, it's a new release. It's really worth getting. It does come with a bonus DVD, which is a compilation of 'the best of' 10Mins Solutions (I've not really bothered with it).
She makes great use of combined weights and bodyweight exercises using a synergy of pilates and lotte berk influences. I haven't time this morning to do a full run down of all the segments (hopefully will be able to midweek).

For example, the glutes section has you do leg lifts on all fours, with a dumbell tucked behind the lifting leg. The Abs section has you do c-curve variations (the form for which she teaches sooo well) with reached out arms holding onto doumbells. V-sits with a dumbell between knees; Side planks with weights held onto hips, then lifted up for pulses of the hips, then reach throughs using the weights.

As I say, will try to get back asap to do a better review - work calling!

xChris
christabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 04:50 AM  
Gancho Girl

My partner has to go to London for work in a month, so I plan on having him look for it while he's there (yeah honey, I don't want jewellery or postcards or anything like that - bring me home an exercise DVD).

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 07:03 AM  
D72

Thank you so much for this information Chris and for confirming what I originally thought and happily hoped: that it's brand new.
Old 03-14-11, 07:18 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I love Suzanne's 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body and this looks like something I would really like as well. I wonder why it's only released in the U.K. Anyone ever order from amazon.co.uk?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 07:26 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmee57 View Post
I love Suzanne's 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body and this looks like something I would really like as well. I wonder why it's only released in the U.K. Anyone ever order from amazon.co.uk?
I've ordered from amazon.co.uk, amazon.com, and amazon.ca. Of the three I like dealing with amazon.co.uk the most (even though you don't get the free shipping over a certain dollar amount if you're overseas). That's because my country's Amazon's warehouse is too small to stock many things (amazon.ca) and amazon.com's added charges are not kind to international buyers. Amazon.co.uk's policies for overseas buyers are more cost-effective, and I find shipping is actually surprisingly fast for an international seller.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-11, 07:26 AM  
D72

Agreed!
Old 03-14-11, 07:38 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I hope she'll release it for US customers soon too! I can't play the European region unfortunately, so even though I could order probably cheaper from the Amazon UK site due to being here in Italy, it won't help me.. *sigh* But maybe that's a good thing right now for me staying on the wagon!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, 10ms, blast off body fat, non-region 1 dvds, suzanne bowen