Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-11, 10:11 AM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
Fidget Queen- I don't really have any words of advise, but wanted to tell you that I am also dealing with SI joint dysfunction (diagnosed by a chiropractor 5 years ago). It comes and goes. I am dealing with this right now . There is not much info about it and many doctors don't even acknowledge it. Wishing you all the best. Please keep us updated.

Exactly! This is why it is such a huge problem. It was left undiagnosed the first time, and even this time, the doctor didn't notice. No matter how many times I said "It feels like my right hip is out of place" they ignored me, assuming I was a babbling idiot.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 10:12 AM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post
I'm not sure how yours popped out. I can tell you that a few years ago, my right femur head wasn't where it should be in the hip joint - I sort of half fell down while standing still. My chiropractor got it back in place with one treatment. I have her tune it up about twice ayear.

OUCH!!! So glad you got it taken care of! My PT couldn't really get it back into place yesterday. I'm thinking I might need to see a chiropractor for this aspect of the problem.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:18 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM-Om View Post
Would you mind sharing how you do the adjustment yourself. TIA
Hi - well, there is a standard type adjustment some PTs will teach you. But I actually found the DonTigny method worked better for me. I was taught it years ago in PT and then when it was acting up again found his web page.
http://thelowback.com/fix.htm#exercises
About midway down there is a heading 'Direct patient correction'. In it there is a picture of the person lying on their back, pulling the leg up and out. I do it on both sides when I first get up in the morning and also after I exercise. His adjustments are designed to be used as a preventative as much as a fix. Here is another link:
http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/m...e.php?id=50535
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 11:28 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
Thank you. I, too, have an VERY tight psoas and it is actually covered in scar tissue from injuring it - I have no idea how many times. I'll do more research into stretching that out!

Can you tell me what adjustments you do? Apparently, when mine is out (my right one is the nasty one) my left leg ends up being longer. My IT band is also so tight that it pulls my legs into an outward rotation they don't want to escape from!
I mentioned the adjustment in my just previous post. For the psoas, you might find this helpful:
http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/169
There is also a tight hip release that is described in this book that is really helpful for me:
http://www.fitzgordonmethod.com/ebook.html

I also thought it was interesting because my hip released a lot when I was doing Eoin Finn's Blissology Project and has stayed looser although I'm only doing one of his workouts once a week now.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 10:03 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget Queen View Post
I was honestly wondering about it. Someone in a previous post told me I should try her for other things. Looks like I need to seriously get out there and buy them. I bought several for my mom and she ADORES them. She has osteoporosis, scoliosis, and horrible posture. She says that it has helped her pain quite a bit in the last two months. She most does her hour-long core workout - not sure what it's called. I think I had that one myself and ended up getting rid of it!!

Are there any ones in particular you think are the most useful?

Just out of curiosity, do you still do gymnastics of any sort? I'm in total all of that sport. I find it amazing.
I'd just buy either Season 6 or 7. They are wonderful and have done so much for me. I started to really focus on using CS as the mainstay of my fitness program last fall, and haven't been to the chiro since.

If you hate them, you can trade or sell them in a snap.

No, I don't do gymnastics anymore. Maybe a token cartwheel at the park. It was way to hard on me.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 11:08 AM  
MM-Om

Jackie, I have tried season 4 and essentrics and they both had too much unsupported side bending that was hearting my back and actually one time I pulled a back muscles doing it, so I traded both of these. I do have a season 8 (Jamaica) but have not tried this one yet. I wonder if season 6 and 7 are much different from season 4 and essentrics.
Old 03-06-11, 11:09 AM  
MM-Om

Kitty12- thanks so much for posting the links!

Tags
hip pain, hips, si joint