Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-07, 10:12 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I couldn't find a measurement for the first one but the second one said 28" and the balance disk used in these DVDs is definitely not 28". So I'd say the first one. It's hard to tell without a measurement.

Nat

P.S. I must have posted at the same time as Beth. I didn't mean to sound as if I was contradicting her (oops ) It's just that my balance disk is 12" and I can stand on it with both feet and it looks very much like the one that Denise uses.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 10:17 AM  
berry99

Wow, I can totally feel myself caving on the beginner and intermediate workouts. I don't think I am ready for the advanced ones yet. I am hoping that I can make it to my birthday (2 months away) before caving because then I won't feel so bad ordering them.

Karin
Old 07-27-07, 10:28 AM  
joyzersize

Dang! I keep hearing wonderful things about this workout and I sit here with no DVDs yet! I ordered the whole set July 4th and have an August 10 delivery estimate. Long time to wait but it is shipped from Canada. sigh! Oh, well, I'm sure it will get here eventually.

Wanda
joyzersize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 01:43 PM  
txkimmers
VF Supporter

Just got mine in the mail today. Going home to add more air to my fitness ball.

*excited*
txkimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 08:56 AM  
muffins135

Toaster (Beth), do you think it is necessary to have all 3 FitnessFix DVD's? You can buy all 3 on her site for $49.95 plus $10.00 shipping.

I emailed Denise yesterday and got a really nice reply regarding the balance discs. She uses a 13" disc.

Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 03:12 PM  
Cowgirl32

Good Grief!! WHY did I have to open this thread; I must hide my credit card from myself :P....
Cowgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 04:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135
Toaster (Beth), do you think it is necessary to have all 3 FitnessFix DVD's? You can buy all 3 on her site for $49.95 plus $10.00 shipping.

I emailed Denise yesterday and got a really nice reply regarding the balance discs. She uses a 13" disc.
Well, personally I found the Beginner to be too easy; there were some options for modifying up, but after trying the Int & Adv, I don't think I'd purchase all 3. There is some overlap between the Int & Adv, but there's also lots of separate footage, so I think it depends what you are looking for--it could be nice to have both, but one would also work well if that's all you can afford. PM me with any specific Qs!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 04:38 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

hi,
oh! i shouldn't have opened this thread...i'm on the fence about getting one or two..
Beth..do you have a preference between the Int. & Sports dvd? I think i'm leaning towards the Sports..but if you think there is enough difference between the two...i would get both.

TIA!!
Julie

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 04:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Julie, here is what is the same on the Intermediate and Sports DVDs: Balance Warm-Up (different footage but virtually the same), 30 Minute Fix (same footage on both DVDs, but a little more is included on the Advanced and runs 35 minutes), and the entire cool-down/flexibility (the same on all 3 DVDs). So, the parts that are different between the Int & Adv are the individual Upper and Lower Body portions, all of which run around 30 minutes (the exact times are listed on the FF web site). I haven't tried these segments on the Adv yet, but the Int kicked my butt, so I'm wondering if the Adv might actually be too difficult for me. And the final difference is that the Adv includes a 5-minute plyo section.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 05:08 PM  
muffins135

Beth, once again thanks for all the info! I think I'll get the Intermediate and the Advanced DVD.
Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
denise beatty, fitness fix, functional fitness, sacroiliac joint, si joint