Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-06-20, 06:10 PM  
horusosiris

Hope everyone had a great Monday

Today I did a Sleek leg workout, a Sleek ab workout and both of the workouts were very good. So far….so good with Sleek. One of the things that I particularly enjoy about Sleek is there attention to music and set. I enjoy workouts with music that matches the workout and that has an aesthetically pleasing set. Workouts that seem as if they were filmed in a dungeon, basements or someone's kitchen or garage are not very appealing to me. I guess that is why I do not enjoy so many YouTube workouts. Cathe's DVDs, as far as sets are concerned, are good but as of late her music has been lacking. My workout time is my "me" time and I want to feel good. Depressing sets or instructors yelling, talking too much or too much cheerleading, just turns me off.

All of the mentions of summer fruit made me go to the farm market today. I wanted some peaches but they were out. I did buy strawberries, blueberries and melons.

Bee- you play the piano! That is great. I always wanted to play the piano but never got around to it. I play the violin and cello. I am currently taking a technique violin class (on Zoom these days).

Kittybug- yes ouch! I did a Sleek leg workout today and midway through my legs were trembling.

Cataddict-Greeting my fellow meso. Many people want meso physiques but believe me it has its challenges especially trying to find the right balance of strength, cardio and flexibility. My weakest area is flexibility and I have been trying to work more on that this past year. I will keep you posted on my progress with Sleek. I am really looking to them for lower body work.

Manelym- Your comment about "mess" was funny and made me laugh! Yes, mesomorphs gain and maintain muscle more easily than other body types. I tend to gain and lose weight easily so I have to work at finding the right nutritional balance. I have the typical meso rectangular shape.

Fanofladyvois- 4DS is one of my favorite Cathe series. I do not think that there is anything that I dislike about 4DS

Waves to Everyone and stay strong!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 06:33 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

kittybug: Combining C, S, & T + Plyo 1 is quite a workout! Wow! I agree with you that finding what works for our body is quite a journey.

cataddict: That 70 min. premix is quite a workout even on a non hot/humid day! You are in great shape to be able to do that on a hot day like that!

manleym: I'm a pear-mess also! Though now, I'm more an hourglass-mess!!! I haven't seen the Cathe article you're refering to. Thanks for the info. I'm going to look it up. From what I read, it's a good thing to reduce anxiety as it probably reduces cortisol which has an effects on our hormones at menopause. So, it's a good thing.

bee: I'll PM you.

This morning, I did a short Pahla Bowers workout. It was great to do to begin the day and wake me up before starting to work. This is the thing I like theses days about having to work from home because of the pandemic: when I wake up early, I have time to go for a short walk or a short workout before starting to work. I can't do that when I have to commute.

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 07:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Monday all!!

Today was RWH LIHI Legs plus abs 2, a lovely sweat fest! Have I mentioned I LOVE RWH???

Cataddict, YES, that Intensity premix is TOUGH. I've done it maybe twice and was wiped both times and I think I took a short breath break right where you did, before the low impact, because dang, it's just needed!! You rock!!

Manleym, I just laughed SO HARD at your meso/mess comment!!! I have NEVER been able to figure out where I fit in that and get so confused! I'm kinda hourglass-pear-ish, I guess but other than that, I just don't know where I'm at. Hmm...I just recently started getting into IF and I should also PM you and KateTT because I know she does it too, hee hee!

Bee, I hope that's true of Momofcha. I just worry when people disappear! Hope your piano lesson went well! I used to play years ago. Now I play drums. Badly. Very badly!

Horusosiris, I agree those Sleek workouts are timed so well to the music because they're dance-based. I too find that so motivating and inspiring! And violin and cello! That's amazing! I literally don't think I'd personally ever be capable of making those instruments sound like anything other than a squealing pig, so I bow to you!!

Nathalie, I hope you can continue working from home a bit longer because commuting itself is really stressful, and it sounds like you're making good use of your free time!

Waves to everyone! Stay fierce, Watulan friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 11:06 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey kids! Yes just ol' MIA me. I have been so busy lately! Had to take my son to a couple of followup appointments and also started a part time job so my days are getting full.

Definitely still working out! I always make time for that. I'll backtrack a little.

Last Thurs I combined 80DO P2 Day 30 Legs + RwH Legs. Superb!! Double hit on the legs and I felt great! I'm really liking these longer workouts! I don't know why but I hadn't done RwH Legs since 2015 and only one time. And I had it a high fav in my log. ??? So I'm glad I revisited that one!

Last Friday was 80DO P2 Day 31 AAA (arms, abs, ass). I did not add anything else one and that was fine. After the mega Wed workout, I was still feeling my upper body.

Yesterday: 80DO P2 Day 33 Booty plus a few tracks from Cathe's Turbo Barre. I'm not a big fan of barre workouts but they definitely cook my legs!!

Today was 80DO P2 Day 34 Cardio Core + Cathe RwH Low Impact HiiT #1. Drenched with sweat! My basement is fairly cool but we have some major high humidity and I could tell. But was a great cardio day!

Made it through the holiday weekend by basically doing nothing. With all events cancelled in town I thought it might be quiet enough to go to the beach. Nope. PACKED with people. Plus it was in the 90s with dewpoints in the 70s (tropical). Yes MN does get that hot! So I just hunkered down and puttered around the house, made some keto treats and binge watched Supernatural (I'm hooked).

Continuing on with Ripped with Hiit and 80DO. I really do like RwH!!
Hugs and love to you all!
Be fierce, be Watulan! Be YOU!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 12:34 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello my fierce Watulan friends!

horusosiris, I'm not as picky about music in a workout, but I agree with you completely on the set and also why I almost never do youtube workouts even though I always think I might. It needs to be fun and happy-provoking. I'm excited to try the Sleeks.

Oh, yes, I do play the piano, but still learning!! (through FaceTime these days). I took lessons as a kid and then again as a 20-something year old. I started again maybe a couple of years ago? I found a fantastic teacher! So it's been really fun for me. Funny enough, horusosiris, my piano teacher is (at 63) learning how to play the cello. She often commiserates with me when I have a tough time with something. I really like her. After about a year with her, I also convinced my son to give it a try and so it's fun seeing him learn, too. So, we have strings, and a drummer..... anyone else play a musical instrument?

You all are doing great with the workouts! I woke up at about 2am and didn't go back to sleep so I decided to take a rest day today. I had to get to the store early anyway, and when I got home I just didn't feel like working out. I'll probably play/walk with the dogs later, so I'll get some movement at least.

Waves!!
Old 07-07-20, 02:25 PM  
manleym

Wow! I'm so impressed with all of ya'll taking musical lessons/playing a musical instrument. We can start our own little band! Bee on keyboards, Kittybug on drums, Horusosiris on cello or violin. Now we just need a guitar player and some vocalists. Cataddict? Nathalie? ChelePA? Kim? KateTT? Fanofladyvols? Come on, gals! I know ya'll have some talent!!

Today was RWH Chest, Shoulders, Triceps followed by Plyo HiiT 1, AKA "Better Love Burpees" or "Hopping Heaven". Man! I DID NOT do those crazy one-arm burpees! Kittybug thanks for the suggestion to do these workouts together in this order. It made a HUGE difference! I felt more warmed up and stronger for Plyo since I did C,S,T first. I received UY from a generous VFer so I'm off to explore it this afternoon. Love the generosity and kindness of VFers!

KateTT so good to hear from you! I'm so glad everyone is doing well. Sorry your 4th plans didn't pan out. We stayed home too and did stuff around the house. I think DH binge watched some of the Marvels. I'm really liking RWH too!! However, I do wish there was more variety with the cardio.

Bee sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. That's the worst waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and taking it easy today. Sometimes a physical and mental break is the best workout.

Horusosiris I agree about music. And set is becoming more important to me than it used to be. I don't like dark, crowded/cluttered sets. But music can really take a workout to the next level of "funness", or it can make it just an okay workout. There are alot of really good workouts that could be great if the music was different.

Nathalie I have also loved the extra time I've had working from home instead of commuting. My commute is 30-40 minutes one way, so that's either two workouts or one long workout. And it's just nice not having to deal with traffic. I've been using the extra time at home for workouts too. Either learning new ones (step) or doing doubles. I love the freedom of no commute.

Cataddict did you get through the Shock Cardios?

ChelePA what's the update on the AC? I'm sure it's fixed for now. Hope it was easy and simple.

Waves to all!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 05:29 PM  
Mickey12

Manley, sorry but I can’t contribute any talent to your band. I took piano lessons for a year when I was young, but that’s it. I also can’t sing. I love to sing and I always wished I could do it well.

Kate congrats on your job! I’m so happy you found something, at least part time, which is better than nothing.

Just wanted to say that I am enjoying reading all the posts even though I’m not commenting individually.

Go Watulans!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 06:13 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Wow! I'm so impressed with all of ya'll taking musical lessons/playing a musical instrument. We can start our own little band! Bee on keyboards, Kittybug on drums, Horusosiris on cello or violin. Now we just need a guitar player and some vocalists. Cataddict? Nathalie? ChelePA? Kim? KateTT? Fanofladyvols? Come on, gals! I know ya'll have some talent!!

Today was RWH Chest, Shoulders, Triceps followed by Plyo HiiT 1, AKA "Better Love Burpees" or "Hopping Heaven". Man! I DID NOT do those crazy one-arm burpees! Kittybug thanks for the suggestion to do these workouts together in this order. It made a HUGE difference! I felt more warmed up and stronger for Plyo since I did C,S,T first. I received UY from a generous VFer so I'm off to explore it this afternoon. Love the generosity and kindness of VFers!

KateTT so good to hear from you! I'm so glad everyone is doing well. Sorry your 4th plans didn't pan out. We stayed home too and did stuff around the house. I think DH binge watched some of the Marvels. I'm really liking RWH too!! However, I do wish there was more variety with the cardio.

Bee sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. That's the worst waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to fall back asleep. I'm glad you're taking care of yourself and taking it easy today. Sometimes a physical and mental break is the best workout.

Horusosiris I agree about music. And set is becoming more important to me than it used to be. I don't like dark, crowded/cluttered sets. But music can really take a workout to the next level of "funness", or it can make it just an okay workout. There are alot of really good workouts that could be great if the music was different.

Nathalie I have also loved the extra time I've had working from home instead of commuting. My commute is 30-40 minutes one way, so that's either two workouts or one long workout. And it's just nice not having to deal with traffic. I've been using the extra time at home for workouts too. Either learning new ones (step) or doing doubles. I love the freedom of no commute.

Cataddict did you get through the Shock Cardios?

ChelePA what's the update on the AC? I'm sure it's fixed for now. Hope it was easy and simple.

Waves to all!
Haha. AC not being fixed until this Friday. And it’s hot and humid!!! Of course we’re on a record stretch of 90 plus days.

No musical skills here. I’m amazed by all of your talents!

I’ve been doing chair cardio and some core work. My husband has been off the last few days so we’ve been walking a different trail daily as a family. Usually 2-3 miles. Headed out now for our evening walk!

Hi to all
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Tuesday!

Today was RWH Back, Shoulders, Biceps plus Plyo HIIT #2 which I did on a 6-inch step, yay! OMG but these upper body splits! Is it just me or are they the most challenging ones she's ever put out?? Love them! I think tomorrow I'll attempt the Circuit Lower Body on 6 inches too....maybe....

KateTT, you are just so FIERCE! Glad all is well with your son!

Bee, I so agree that sometimes the best workout is a nap, really!

Manleym, WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER! How fun would that be?? And I totally agree about the Plyos...again today, doing the weights first got me good and warm and ready for the ballistic stuff and I think that's just how I'll use them in the future too!

Kim, what about tambourine? You have to be in the band!

ChelePA, UG on still waiting for the A/C fix! That's just way too long. Hope your walk is nice!

Waves to everyone...stay fierce all!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 09:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi fierce Watulans!

Yesterday I did Cardio Core Circuit, the cardio only premix. It was tough, probably at least in part to the ubiquitous heat, but also I think the core parts break up the cardio parts. Today I did HiiT Pyramid and Cathe Live at Five Metabolic Mish Mosh. For some reason Pyramid seemed way easier than when I did it before. It's been a long time so it's not like I am used to it. Who knows, but I had enough energy left to do the Live at Five an hour later. 40/20 kicked my butt, so I'm not superwoman!

Kate, welcome back. Glad things are progressing with your son and great that you are able to keep up with your workouts. Not surprised the beach was packed. Our local beaches have been busy since they've been reopened. I'm not a person who likes crowds, even when there isn't a health reason to stay away from people, so I haven't ventured close to the oceanfront. I also like "Be Fierce, Be Watulan, BE YOU!" Congrats on the job!

bee, I played the piano as a child, then took it up again in college for awhile, but haven't played in years. I had a baby grand piano but as I moved a whole lot it wasn't exactly portable and I had to let it go. I also played the flute for a couple of years but wasn't really all that good at it. I wish I still played an instrument, but a kazoo might be about it these days.

horusosiris, I'm really waffling about buying the Sleeks before Mary's sale is over. The sale price is pretty good, particularly with the VF discount and I have a buck or two in rewards. I probably need to do something different to challenge my muscles. I agree being a mesomorph has it's own challenges.

manleym, the only Shock Cardio I have left now is 30/30 HiiT. Yay! I actually like the music in this series. Familiar songs without the words (and thankfully no fake lyrics with the music--I did not like that at.all) Next is either Lower Body Blast or High Reps. These came out at the same time as Intensity, but I don't think they were intended to be a "series." The next series on my agenda is Low Impact. I seem to recall Afterburn was the one I used the most from this series, so it will be interesting to see what I think after doing the others.

kittybug, I also like the suggestion you made for RWH. If I ever get there (it's taking a looooong time! ) I will try it. I do recall doing the one armed burpees, at least with my right arm. My left arm has a tendency to get tendonitis (currently okay) so whether I would do them with my left or not depends on how it's feeling when I get there. P.S. My kazoo is ready for the band.

ChelePA, I know you're counting the days (hours?) until Friday and the AC gets fixed. Good for you for doing ANY kind of a workout in the heat.

kim, maybe you and I both do tambourines. I can kind of sing, was in the chorus, but they pretty much let anyone in.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in