Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-04-20, 07:10 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

Good to see you, Pam!

Good going with the weight loss, Cleda! That's amazing!

Lili, your singing was a sign you were working out aerobically!

I hope Helen is rolling along!

7/2- garden watering & dog walks.
7/3-dog walks & rowed 2,000 meters then lifted.
7/4-no hiking in the park. We & the dogs walked up & over the mountain road & around a local cemetery then home. Thankfully the road is pretty shady as it was a hot morning. Got in 10,000 steps, 70 flights, 3 3/4 miles. This walk was more taxing than the long hikes.

After we got home we watered then had lunch. Of course this afternoon we had a very grumbly thunderstorm.

I hope those celebrating are doing it safely! We'll just listen to our neighbors shoot off fireworks late into the night.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-20, 11:15 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone and Happy 4th of July!

July 3:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~WOW: 30 min walk
~Yin at bedtime

July 4:
~WOW: 30 min disco walk - loved the music....covers of Saturday night Fever, Donna Summer, & George Benson
~3 sets of 100 kettlebell swings & moves - trying to do this twice a week
~a little yin at bedtime

I’m close to submitting my Essentrics multiple choice exam, just have to get it into google drive and send it into cyberspace. But that’s the easy part! After that I’ll have two live Skype sessions, an hour each, where I’ll be grilled and expected to teach the examiners. I’ll be glad to get it done!

Cleda - Congratulations on your weight loss and on getting soooo close to that 20 mph average on your bike!

Lili - I haven’t done Margaret’s workouts for ages, but she sure can kill you softly! And smile while she does it, lol.

Helen - Have fun, I assume you’re doing roller derby?

Kay - Nice step count and I hope your neighbours don’t keep up until the wee hours!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

I have to go get my schedule together and marked up for the upcoming challenge week. Would like to get Monday's workout done before I meet Nancy on the bike at 10 a.m!!! I like being slightly ahead. Another tough week on the docket. (week #6)

7/4/2020: Power Zone 30 minute ride with Christine for the last of the required extra credit, followed by All for One 45 minute ride (with all the instructors - got me a new badge!) followed by KCM's Build & Burn Upper Body Super Sets and of course a stretch.

Still on the hunt for the Lower body 12 minute workout I used to do of KCM's. I will keep looking. I got into my log from 2017. Seems like all I did back then was run, bellicon and KCM! Runervals and outside seem to be what I did most. (It was the era of runbets and stepbets.) lol. Now of course, my log is mostly Peloton. My how things change.

Ok, gotta hit the bike. Waves to all.
Be back later (she says hopefully!) for shoutouts.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 03:13 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Drive by-

7/5 - 3 Mile Express Walk with Leslie. I really wanted to take a nice long walk outside, but it's just too hot!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 08:15 PM  
Helen

PAM & CLEDA
Derby - start date was to be 12th, but now put back another fortnight. It'll be no contact to start - just skating skills I expect. I'm not on a team yet - actually not sure I want to be, I just like skating & with no local rink can only skate outdoors which is very different to indoor smooth surface skating. Derby training is the only way to get to do indoor skating.

LILI
Sorry the heat is curtailing your urge to have a long walk. Assume your toe is all fine now. Singing along? Nope - never been something I do - when I was a teenager, was blasting out the Beatles on piano + voice, and next-door-neighbours knocked on the door & asked me to stop singing. They'd often sit on their front verandah to listen to me practice exam pieces, which was nice, but I don't think I ever got over how bad I must have been for them to do that.

CLEDA
Your 47lb came into perspective when I converted it to stone (I still work in old system) and it's over three stone! A stone is 14lb, & half a stone is typically a dress-size for me. THAT'S AWESOME!!

PAM
Music makes a huge difference to me & workouts - been downloading Steve Ross Inhale episodes lately, the music is great ! not the typical sort you get with yoga. The video quality isn't great, but I don't mind.
Best wishes for your exam submission.

KAY
How'd the fur-boys go with the fireworks?
Haven't posted CONGRATULATIONS on such wonderful medical news!

ME
Buddy still at home, but talking about coming back 3/wk to do weights - thinking to get her into some barbell stuff. Her garage has to be demolished soon - currently emptying it.
TODAY is first day of two weeks' holiday and (as always) have a HUGE list of things to get done, including work; but also jumping, sewing, housework, garden, converting those Steve Ross to DVD, training with Alice, get the bike out; .... I walk in circles not knowing where to start - feeling daunted.

Lately it's been cardio & dog walks (buddy prefers cardio - we've been 'learning' Still Steppin')
Wed., 2nd Jul.
Christi - Still Steppin' - Section 2 Mix, 8" + 30min dog walk
Thu., 3rd Jul.
Christi - Still Steppin', 8" + 30min dog walk
Fri., 4th Jul.
1hr dog walk
Sat., 5th Jul.
Les Mills - Body Step 57 + 30min dog walk
Sun, 6th Jul.
1hr dog walk

Second half of the year - feeling in a quagmire of regret lately (late mid-life crisis?). Need to get out of this funk.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:04 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

A quickie before bedtime.
Rowed 2,000 meters, deadlifts etc. I'm feeling it tonight.

No fireworks tonight, but we had a very close BOOMING thunderstorm. We all jumped!

We watched the Capital 4th last night. Brought back many memories of spending the 4th on the mall. The fireworks are spectacular!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:20 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quickie post for me....

July 5:
~10 min of the other disco walk on WOW, she has two, but the music didn’t grab me so I bailed after 10 min.
~25 min Dance Walk of Jessica’s On YouTube.
~I’ll get some yin in later.

Today was low key for me as I am fighting a migraine. The weather has been unsettled here so I expect that is partly the cause along with not a great sleep last night. I wanted to do something so decided on an easy walking workout.

See you tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 02:36 AM  
Helen

Mon., 6th Jul.
1hr dog walk + training
Leandro - Brazil Butt Lift - Cardio Axe
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 04:37 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Just the workout

To keep me on track!

7/5/2020: Power Zone MAX ride (it was tough!) Zones 4, 5 & 6 ... followed by a nice cool down ride, followed by Sundays with Love (45 minutes Ally Love with Nancy) and the virtue was Friendship (lots of high 5s for Nancy on this one!) followed by Sam Yo's cool down ride, plus a stretch plus Adrian's Arm workout.

I have started doing Monday's Challenge ride on Sundays. The Monday rides always seem to be BRUTAL and I don't have enough time before work to do a proper cool down ride and stretch (which I have found make ALL the difference in the world for me.) I am no longer stiff/sore the next day and I spin out all the lactic acid build up and I'm good to go on for the week. It's amazing what a huge difference that makes. When I do the Sundays with Love with Nancy, it's almost like a cool down ride (but it's not --- not with 2 epic climbs in it.) lol ...

Till later or tomorrow. Gotta hit the bike.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 04:47 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - I finally looked up the WOW workouts and I plan on trying one soon. One of the things that drives me crazy about Leslie is all her yapping, so this should be perfect!
Helen - you guys will have that workout nailed soon! Meanwhile, nice long dog walks are always good.
Kay - back to rowing! Nice.
Cleda - ride Cleda ride!

7/6 - dog walk this morning, 1 Mile Team Walk, then Unplugged S20:E10 and I skipped the warm up (her warm ups are terrible, so decided to walk first), then 30 min. 90's Rock Ride with Emma Lovewell. I'm toast!

I forgot to mention that we had the kids/grandkids/MIL down for the 4th out on the deck, trying to social distance. At one point, I noticed some planes flying in formation going right over our house/deck. Then there were more, and more and more, including a Stealth Bomber that was actually quite scary looking! We later found out they flew from NYC to Philadelphia to DC and managed a fly over for us! It was very impressive!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote