Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-20, 11:04 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

LA Apparel Shut Down After COVID-19 Outbreaks

FYI for those that order from LA Apparel:

"LA Apparel, Which Has Been Manufacturing Masks, Shut Down After COVID-19 Outbreaks"

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...reaks/2388776/

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 11:46 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
FYI for those that order from LA Apparel:

"LA Apparel, Which Has Been Manufacturing Masks, Shut Down After COVID-19 Outbreaks"

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/c...reaks/2388776/

Wow!! I was just coming back here to post that these are the masks we recently purchased and my family likes them. Basic, simple and fits well.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 12:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Isn't that ironic?! I do like their masks -- my whole family does. They do have a bit of bait and switch with their selling techniques, but I like their product. Hopefully they'll be back eventually.
Old 07-01-20, 01:15 PM  
alisoncooks

We really liked our first order of masks (black) from Thompson Tees, but our second order (gray) -- the masks were HUGE! Way too big for my tweens and doable for me but prone to slipping off my nose. However, DH is a bigger, bearded man and they seem like they'll work for him, so all's well that ends well. He'll probably have to mask when he goes back to work at the university in the fall, so he can have these.

Dress Barn has some cute masks online. I ended up ordering some from Mother Bee Maternity (but I haven't got them yet).
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 01:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Dress Barn has some cute masks online. I ended up ordering some from Mother Bee Maternity (but I haven't got them yet).
I have noticed that a lot of retail stores now have masks. Old Navy has ones that are really cute--I think 5 for $15!--but they don't have nose wire, and I've come to feel I need that for my glasses.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 02:16 PM  
adrien_73

Quote:
We really liked our first order of masks (black) from Thompson Tees, but our second order (gray) -- the masks were HUGE!
Bummer! I just ordered some of the gray ones!

I do love the black ones.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 02:31 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I have noticed that a lot of retail stores now have masks. Old Navy has ones that are really cute--I think 5 for $15!--but they don't have nose wire, and I've come to feel I need that for my glasses.
I ordered some photo prints from Snapfish yesterday, and I saw that they were selling masks! Even better, you can get them personalized with photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
Bummer! I just ordered some of the gray ones!

I do love the black ones.
Yeah, the black ones are comfy. I wore the gray one out at Walmart for about an hour...it wasn't bad but it was definitely looser. If DH didn't need bigger masks, I'd try to shrink them in the wash or something.
Old 07-01-20, 03:47 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
We really liked our first order of masks (black) from Thompson Tees, but our second order (gray) -- the masks were HUGE! Way too big for my tweens and doable for me but prone to slipping off my nose. However, DH is a bigger, bearded man and they seem like they'll work for him, so all's well that ends well. He'll probably have to mask when he goes back to work at the university in the fall, so he can have these.

Wait what? I thought Dress Barn went out of business...I had just discovered it (meaning finally going into the store after driving past it for years maybe even a decade) last summer and bought some nice pants that I really liked. Then the store closed in December...it never occurred to me that they still had an online presence...dah.

Athleta is selling masks. They have been on back order though but I think they are coming in this week. I haven’t ordered them yet.

I didn’t order from LA Apparel because the leopard print I wanted was sold out.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 04:11 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Wait what? I thought Dress Barn went out of business...I had just discovered it (meaning finally going into the store after driving past it for years maybe even a decade) last summer and bought some nice pants that I really liked. Then the store closed in December...it never occurred to me that they still had an online presence...dah.

Athleta is selling masks. The have been on back order though but I think they are coming in this week. I haven’t ordered them yet.

I didn’t order from LA Apparel because the leopard print I wanted was sold out.
Yeah, I remember hearing that about Dress Barn. I think it was only certain locations? Idk -- there aren't any near me.
Old 07-01-20, 05:35 PM  
BunnyHop

I've been liking my LA Apparel masks. I like them better than my homemade ones, somehow I don't feel as though I need to shout when I'm wearing them.

I like the way they have the elastic that goes over your head. Not a fan of the ones that go around the ears. Seems like the over and around your head style seem to fit better and stay on more easily.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks