Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-19-20, 02:26 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

Mornings I usually do some type of yoga learning streaming.
Afternoons are a bit more hit or miss. I try to do 30-40 minutes of weight work or movement. I can't decide between Barlates, weight work, or Susan Bowen. I have been having fun with Kathy Smith recently. When I posted about balance ball workouts someone mentioned that Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Workout 2 had a great balance ball section. It was one that I had been trying to find forever. Then... I found I like the whole DVD so am now going back over my Kathy Smith Collection.
Of course with all of the great Youtube channels people are posting it is getting more difficult.
Old 06-19-20, 02:39 PM  
warriorprincess

LOL, yeah it happens. I don't know how many times I've scolded myself 'just pick anything and do it already! You could be halfway done by now.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 05:37 PM  
SEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
. Probably folks that work out in the morning figure it all out the night before.
I wish. I don't know the longest time I've spent deciding, but I know it was too long! Because I workout in the mornings I'm time crunched and usually do try to have an idea of what I want to do, but sometimes I forget to think about it the night before

And yes, I have Joni-O'd after taking forever to decide.

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 06:34 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

There are times I stand in front of my collection and think I don't have time for 45 minutes, so I look for something in the 30-minute range. Then I spend 15 minutes deciding which one to do.
Old 06-19-20, 06:48 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I work out early in the morning and I usually pick my workout while I'm drinking my coffee right before and just go with it. That's not to say that I'm not spending some time the previous evening choosing what I'm going to do the next day and then doing something different altogether. I go with how I feel in the morning and just do it. I rarely if ever Joni-O the workout I start.
Old 06-19-20, 07:41 PM  
Sollamyn

If I can't decide, or if I just don't want to think about it, I go for a walk. That being said, walks will be a bit more challenging and less appetizing now that it's getting hotter. I had been walking in the mornings before 10, then before 9, and, more recently, before 8. Tomorrow I will probably have to resort to a DVD or Youtube pick because of the weather. Hmmmm...well, if I can't decide what do, then I have some standard/well-known 'go to' workouts that I just put in my player and I know what to expect. Same goes if I'm doing a rotation and just don't feel like doing the workout that is prescribed for that day. I always have a 'go to' backup plan!

Donna
Old 06-19-20, 07:59 PM  
Mickey12

I don’t usually spend much time deciding. But I have in the past had my husband pick my workout in a random way when I couldn’t decide what to do. That way I didn’t waste any time. It was a good way to do workouts that I wouldn’t pick myself.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 08:14 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I am SO glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. If I spent as much time working out as I do thinking about working out and which one I feel like doing and then checking VF to see what other people thought about any particular workout I'd be in great shape instead of a big old slug.
____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 08:32 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollamyn View Post
If I can't decide, or if I just don't want to think about it, I go for a walk. That being said, walks will be a bit more challenging and less appetizing now that it's getting hotter.

Donna
This morning I Joni O’d three different DVDs before going on a walk while listening to a book.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-20, 07:24 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I am SO glad to know I'm not the only one who does this. If I spent as much time working out as I do thinking about working out and which one I feel like doing and then checking VF to see what other people thought about any particular workout I'd be in great shape instead of a big old slug.
____
YADeb
Has anyone else ever stopped part way through a workout that you feel "meh" about and go check the reviews on VF to see what everyone else thought?

Tags
analysis paralysis, brain freeze, low motivation, procrastination, too many choices