Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-20, 11:59 AM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post
Char - loved the story about visiting your parents. Glad you had a good visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Char, Hmmm, maybe I should give that weight workout another try. That’s great you we’re able to visit your parents. Cute story about your DH dropping you off and picking you up from a date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
CharM, I am glad to read that you and your husband were able to visit the parents.
Thank you! We're still not supposed to leave the county, ours appears to be the most strict in the state, but whatever. That's been our only "naughty" behavior these past 3 months and we took precautions to keep everyone safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
CharM, thank you! They are quite a bit better, just have to let them rest. Haven't heard of her Checkout Set but I like Jenny Ford's step workouts - I can't get into her hi-lo ones though. She's such a sweet person and a good instructor too. Did you get the $1 deal for her workouts?
I saw the $1 deal but didn't buy them. Ok, I just looked and the deal is still on. I'll think about it. I'm not sure where to put them and how I'll play them. I only stream from YouTube and haven't downloaded a workout in ages. I'll have to ask my live-in tech guy (no really, it's his job, lol) to do it. I'm glad your knees are on the mend!
And thank you for posting YouTube links. The barre arms looks good; I don't know if I'll ever do it, but I liked looking at it. haha

Take care, ladies!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 03:01 PM  
amg

AnMrsDe - Thanks! This check-in really has helped me feel more accountable this month.

Funny enough, I am a new Cathe fan that just started collecting her dvds in 2020. I love how much variety she offers as I work on building my strength. Her cardio can be too much impact for me at times so I am learning that it is OK to modify.

Waves to everyone! I am enjoying watching the variety of workouts in this check-in from everyone.
Old 06-17-20, 06:34 PM  
T2B

Cher - hope your strawberry picking was fruitful! .

AsSweet - good luck! That is wonderful that you are learning Japanese. I want to learn Spanish. Any tips? I thought I would be able to focus on that working from home but then we started working way too much! I thought I would check out something from the library but our library was shut down for months as well.

AnMrsDe - No, I don’t speak Spanish but I would like to learn. I’m watching a Spanish show that is subtitled in English and can only watch it when I can focus. Sometimes I fall asleep with it still playing but unlike AsSweet, I’m not absorbing anything. My time off is going way too fast!

amg - Good to see you here! Glad this checkin is helping with accountability! I love Cathe! Cathe has something for every fitness level and of course, modify whenever you need to, no guilt!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 08:40 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Back home. Recovery day (from the complete lack of sleep - Lily is teething and Piper has night terrors). I'm going to get on the treadmill and get to 10,000 steps for the day. The only thing we did outside the house while I was there was go to the Cleveland Zoo's drive through event. They allowed cars to drive on some of their paved walking paths to see the animals - it was cool! Today, I went flower shopping in the 43 degree pouring rain. By the time I got home, I couldn't feel my fingers they were so cold.
T2B, time off really does fly by, doesn't it?
amg, I love Cathe too!
Char, I'm glad you got to see your parents. I'm going to go see mine next month.
ASAS, we have a Japanese class at my high school, and the kids love it!
AnMrsDe, I hope your week is great too!
Cher, our DIL called about strawberry picking, and they were picked out in 2 days!
Dorothy, I'm glad your friend is doing well.
tangerine, my DH wears orthotics, and he loves them!
Hi, Donnamp!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 12:46 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

T2B, Thanks! That's awesome that you are trying to learn Spanish! I just heard that Spanish is the second language most spoken worldwide, after English. For tips, I would recommend trying online lessons where you can work each lesson weekly or as long as you are ready to move to the next, I like this site very much (loecsen.com), because you can read and hear the pronunciation and repeat after each phrase, there are also several tests at the end of each lessons, which is very cool, you can even do an oral test to check your pronuntiation. I also found this lessons on YouTube which I think could help as well (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyLl_0d0EBw), I liked the way he explained things and in the description box there are links for other 19 lessons. I also recommend finding a Spanish list of most used words, and learning them in little group at a time, this way you will be surprised at how many words you can actually catch while watching a tv show. Listening to romantic music is a good tip, because it goes slow, and makes it easier to catch something, finding the lyrics of a song you like is great too, reading the lyrics while listening to the song is a good exercise. I hope this help some.

ETA: Spanish Core 100 Word List https://www.spanishpod101.com/spanis...sts/?coreX=100

Chrys, it sounds like you had a great time at the Zoo! I hope things gets better with the kids. How great about the Japanese lessons, I which I had those options while in school, we only had English, and it wasn't at option, I didn't learn much at school though, I had to take an extra course later, and that one really helped a lot.

Amg, you are making me want get my Cathe Dvds out (I've all the ones you mentioned), good job!

Tangerine, I found this video on YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zif4Zmi-MZw), the instructor mentions having knee pain and that those exercises are helpfull. I am a big fan of her full body stretch, she does a lot of essentrics exercises. HTH

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 04:37 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post

Tangerine, I found this video on YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zif4Zmi-MZw), the instructor mentions having knee pain and that those exercises are helpfull. I am a big fan of her full body stretch, she does a lot of essentrics exercises. HTH
That looks like a great stretch - thanks for sharing it with me!

CharM, I was told in GD that the links don't expire so you could just download them one at a time to try or just buy the deal now and download later. I guess they will expire at some point, but probably not imminently.

T2B, I watch a channel called "Easy German" on youtube, they go around conversing with people on the street by asking them questions. I am not actually trying to learn German but I like watching the videos, they are fun. They also have an Easy Spanish channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL...KxHDu3FqZV6CbQ (I haven't actually used it so not sure if it's as good as the German one) but they are similar with subtitles etc. Probably not good as a primary learning method but maybe nice to have some conversations where the words are being used.

Tomorrow is a very exciting day by us, our libraries are finally open and offering book 'pickup' - we reserve the books and they check them out and leave them in bags ready for us to pick up at the entrance. My daughter loves to read so she can't wait for us to get them! I got an instant-pot book to check out too - "Mediterranean Instant Pot" so I'm a little excited too.

My knees are much better but still have to watch what I do and I'm so happy to have all these options on Youtube - what an amazing world we live in where there is so much content being created and shared by so many people.

Hope you are all doing well!
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 06:44 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Thank you, everyone! for your kind words about Heidi

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 02:21 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Dorothy,

Tangerine, you're welcome! That Easy Spanish channel looks cool, I watched the "One story, six Spanish accents" video, and it was fun to listen to the different accents.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 06:07 PM  
T2B

AsSweet - Hi there! Thank you for sharing so much info. I started a couple of days ago with the 100 words. Even convinced my daughter to do it with me! I’ll be checking out the videos too. Also, a great idea about listening to romantic music since the cadence is slower. Love that. I recently bought a lot of Latin dance music to listen to while doing my Yv2 workouts. This is going to be fun, hopefully, my brain doesn’t explode.

tangerine - thank you for sharing, too. I haven’t had time to look at it yet. I’m looking forward to it.

Had to go to the DMV today, took 3.5 hours, omg. They need a better system. Maybe give out those restaurant little square pager thingies. !

Chrys - hope you’ve recovered. Sounds like your daughter needed the respite of having you there with her for a bit. The zoo trip sounded like a lot of fun. 43 degrees? Send some of that my way!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-20, 07:47 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Both yesterday and today were treadmill walks. Yesterday, I went to Utah to buy flowers to plant. I wish we had more of a selection here. DH was really stressed about me going because of covid, but greenhouses are outdoors and I wore my mask. Today, I gardened for 6 hours planting flowers - including hauling buckets of dirt around. While I was gone last year, a groundhog ate about half my perennial garden, so there are lots of holes to fill in.
T2B, thankfully we are back up to the 70s here.
tangerine, I'm glad your knees are better. Knee pain is the worst.
ASAS, we have Japanese, German, and Spanish at our school. I'm glad the kids have so many options.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts