Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-20, 08:09 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post

The (I hope) good news is that in the next few days I will have a couple of cats living with me. For the first time in 40 years I've been cat-less and it just doesn't suit me. I'm pretty excited.
_____
YADeb
Well that is good news! Congrats to you and the cats
Old 05-03-20, 09:09 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

It does my heart good to know there are so many cat lovers here. We have so many homeless cats in our neighborhood now. About 3 months ago all these cats just showed up. We TNR ferals and keep food out so I suppose that's why they migrate to our yard. The guy next door told me a someone had 23 cats in their house and decided to put them all out. I just don't get people.

Deb, I hope the cats you bring to live with you lift your spirits!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 11:16 AM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
The (I hope) good news is that in the next few days I will have a couple of cats living with me. For the first time in 40 years I've been cat-less and it just doesn't suit me. I'm pretty excited.
YADeb
That's great news! New fur friends will definitely lift your spirits. Around here, so many people adopted pets during the quarantine that the biggest animal shelter we have is empty of pets!!

Quote:
You know, I think if men got that, the world would be a better place.
Truth!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 12:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
You know, I think if men got that, the world would be a better place.
So true!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 07:58 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy J View Post
That's great news! New fur friends will definitely lift your spirits. Around here, so many people adopted pets during the quarantine that the biggest animal shelter we have is empty of pets!!

Truth!
I heard that was happening. Our local shelters are closed now but one is taking online applications and making appointments. It warms my heart that so many pets are getting adopted.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 07:58 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Thanks everyone!

I won't go into the boring details, but these are cats who have been passed around among relatives. They already know me. They are black-and-white cats named Laverne and Shirley, but that's likely to change. Shirley will probably stay Shirley, but Laverne just isn't right for this little cutie. Laverne has a pink nose. I've never had a pink-nosed cat before and it tickles me....well, pink.

ETA: they are sisters and have been together since birth. They are about 10 years old.

My a/c is working fine today. Go figure.

I got a new DVD player since I took out my frustrations on the one that was clearly losing its mind. I am happy to report that a TV series that has not played on 3 other players is doing fine so far. Again, go figure.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 06:34 PM  
Mickey12

Deb, I adore pink noses on cats! OMG, I just love them! I also like pink paw pads on their cute little paws.

I’m so happy you’re giving them a home. I could never be without at least one cat.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote