Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-20, 07:36 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I just finished The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate and really enjoyed it. It was the first book of hers I've read. Now I'm reading the newest Maggie Hope book - so far so good.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 08:13 AM  
buffmama

The list is great - thank you.
Old 05-02-20, 08:26 AM  
sherry7899

I am reading "House on Fire" by Bonnie Kistler.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 08:27 AM  
Carol K

I'm still reading A Woman's War by Simon Block.
Old 05-02-20, 10:05 AM  
BunnyHop

Finally finished Words of Radiance on audio, and dragged Hyperion off the 'get around to it someday' pile and read it in about a day and a half.

Now my resolve has crumbled and I'm waiting impatiently for some books I ordered to show up.

If anyone wants to shop in a way that provides financial support to independent bookstores, try https://bookshop.org/

They can show you local bookstores where you might shop directly, but also simply sell books.

Didn't realize there WERE any small bookshops within driving distance of my home.
Old 05-03-20, 07:37 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm still reading through the books on my shelves. I'm currently reading Next of Kin by Sharon Sala and Before We Ever Spoke by Dan Largent. They are both good mindless entertainment.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 08:01 AM  
Messe

I received a wonderful bookish surprise yesterday when I delivered a care package to my BFF and her husband. When I arrived, I spotted a bouquet of peonies and roses from their yard and a bundle of Donna Leon's Commissario Brunetti mysteries from their collection tied up in a ribbon waiting for me just inside their gate. Flowers and books! My heart swelled with joy!

The best gift, though, was that my friend was waiting for me just outside her front door, wearing a mask and trying not to cry because we hadn't seen each other in almost 2 months. That in-person 10-minute conversation behind our masks and from a safe distance lifted my spirits immeasurably!

My friend introduced me to Donna Leon, and I introduced her to Louise Penny. Now I have an excuse to deliver another care package to her sometime soon: some of my Louise Penny books, tied up in the same ribbon.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 08:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Martha that is a sweet story! Thanks for sharing.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 09:47 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Martha, I loved reading your post! Beautiful example of love and caring for each other!

I’m almost finished reading “Flu” by Gina Kolata about the forgotten 1918 Pandemic and other viruses. It was interesting but kind of drawn out. Yeah, not sure why I bought it but it peaked my interest when I read an article about what happened in 1918 because I had never heard about it. Wow, so many similarities to what’s happening now.

I just downloaded Stephen King’s new one from Audible “If it Bleeds” which is a collection of short stories. I also picked up another new to me Kindle short story collection from him titled “Just After Sunset” that I’m just starting. I just saw a post about another book by him that I hadn’t read titled “Cell” which was made into a movie that’s on Amazon Prime. Not sure if I’ll get the book or watch the movie, lol.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 12:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I’m almost finished reading “Flu” by Gina Kolata about the forgotten 1918 Pandemic and other viruses. It was interesting but kind of drawn out. Yeah, not sure why I bought it but it peaked my interest when I read an article about what happened in 1918 because I had never heard about it. Wow, so many similarities to what’s happening now.
Kathy - Susan Meissner wrote a book titled As Bright As Heaven set in Philadelphia during the Spanish Flu. It was an interesting story. I read it before all this started, but think it could be especially relevant now.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, spring reading