Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-19, 12:08 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Well, I am liking this set more and more. In fact, although it's premature of me to say this, it may be the first rotation I actually finish.

Last night I did Yoga and then added on the two floor sections from Tracie Long's Platinum Fitness (thoracic mobility, clams, leg lifts, bridges, and planks). I'll do some kind of simple cardio tonight, then Upper Body I on Friday, which will be the start of week 2.

Pam, I really hope another coupon code is offered again. I'm also struggling with low energy, but every day seems to get a little bit better. Having bilateral PF for about 10 months or so kicked me right back to beginner level.

I know the idea of a check-in sort of fell off the map with all the delays and interruptions, but I'm still game if anyone's still interested. And I vote for Beth's suggested title.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-19, 09:11 AM  
bettyboopboop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Well, I am liking this set more and more. In fact, although it's premature of me to say this, it may be the first rotation I actually finish.

Last night I did Yoga and then added on the two floor sections from Tracie Long's Platinum Fitness (thoracic mobility, clams, leg lifts, bridges, and planks). I'll do some kind of simple cardio tonight, then Upper Body I on Friday, which will be the start of week 2.

Pam, I really hope another coupon code is offered again. I'm also struggling with low energy, but every day seems to get a little bit better. Having bilateral PF for about 10 months or so kicked me right back to beginner level.

I know the idea of a check-in sort of fell off the map with all the delays and interruptions, but I'm still game if anyone's still interested. And I vote for Beth's suggested title.
I'm in! Got us started: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...46#post2815146
Old 03-15-19, 10:13 PM  
judith

I just completed week 10. Upper Body 2 and Lower body 2 add weights (optional) and have more of a barre feel. I definitely feel the burn. I went lighter with weights in upper body 2 as I want to work on form. I did not use weight in lower body 2 as I wanted to work on form. I will add next week. Floor mobility is also used in this third phase. I need to get a padded exercise mat for this...my yoga mat does not provide enough cushion as I have tile flooring. Bridge work is introduced. Also working more on hip flexors.

Planks, Pliés, and Lunges oh my. Workouts are still doable as you have option of using wall and/or chair. I was like wait...I am doing a plank with knee pulses. The first week I used chair option. Second week I tried wall option. With either option still felt it. I am stronger and have more flexibility. I am definitely seeing results as my clothes are looser.
Judith
judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 08:27 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith View Post
I just completed week 10. Upper Body 2 and Lower body 2 add weights (optional) and have more of a barre feel. I definitely feel the burn. I went lighter with weights in upper body 2 as I want to work on form. I did not use weight in lower body 2 as I wanted to work on form. I will add next week. Floor mobility is also used in this third phase. I need to get a padded exercise mat for this...my yoga mat does not provide enough cushion as I have tile flooring. Bridge work is introduced. Also working more on hip flexors.

Planks, Pliés, and Lunges oh my. Workouts are still doable as you have option of using wall and/or chair. I was like wait...I am doing a plank with knee pulses. The first week I used chair option. Second week I tried wall option. With either option still felt it. I am stronger and have more flexibility. I am definitely seeing results as my clothes are looser.
Judith
Woohoo! Nice results!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-19, 08:34 AM  
bettyboopboop

Quote:
Originally Posted by judith View Post

Judith
Amazing! So exciting to hear about! Congrats Judith! Can’t wait to hear more.
Old 04-23-20, 07:39 PM  
alisoncooks

~~~BUMP~~~

Saw on the FB page for this system that there is a code "STUCKINSIDE" for a major discount. 80% of DVDs and more (iirc) digital. I put the DVDs in my cart and it brought them from $99 to $19. Idk about shipping costs, but that's a GREAT discount if anyone's wanted this set!

I think it said the code was until May.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 07:57 PM  
CharM

alison, why'd you make me look at this? haha Shipping is showing as free, so $19.99. I'm on the fence: I don't need more dvds, but I don't have any like it, so...
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 08:20 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
alison, why'd you make me look at this? haha Shipping is showing as free, so $19.99. I'm on the fence: I don't need more dvds, but I don't have any like it, so...
LOL. Yeah, I HAD this one when it first came out but didn't keep it (can't remember why!!) and I'm still considering...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 01:16 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

could someone list all of the workouts and # of minutes? thanks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 01:56 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
could someone list all of the workouts and # of minutes? thanks.
Hi Jeannine, times are listed on this Vimeo page. In the training guide, some segments are combined (e.g., Floor Mobility and Upper Body I), so daily workouts can range from 18 to 43 minutes.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bariatric fitness rx, leah sarago