Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-20, 12:25 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I find it interesting and telling that none of these protests are in NY or NJ, states that have very high cases of the virus and death tolls. I guess if it isn't happening directly to you or very near to you, you don't see it. So sad.
My husband has been saying it's going to take people dying (that people know) in order for people to understand.
Old 04-21-20, 12:45 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
I think there was supposed to be a rally in western NY yesterday, I don't know if it happened. There are quite a few people in northern NY who agree with them.

If we have gotten to the point where we can't sacrifice for the greater good for more than a month I fear for our future.
Lots of dangerously stupid people in the USA have developed the mentality that in this country they have the right to do whatever they want, whenever they want. I absolutely fear for our future
Old 04-21-20, 12:50 PM  
suzannaerin

Or themselves getting sick. If they were the only ones impacted, I would tell them to have at it and good luck. Sadly their poor choices will negatively impact others.

It seems a small but vocal segment of society are getting a lot of attention, making their supposed dissent seem more widespread than it likely is in reality. Here in Virginia, they brought long guns to at least one rally disguised as a protest.

Still don’t know how one can practice social distancing getting a massage., I will check the Georgia state website and see if they’ve provided guidance....sarcasm, sorry

Being a federal employee, I fully expect that the executive branch will make us all return to the office in early May, along with our colleagues who are contractors. Therefore, I will prepare for another shutdown or for getting sick or my husband getting sick in the summer.
Old 04-21-20, 12:53 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Yes, Lori, way too many future Darwin Award winners.

At this point, I no longer refer to those morons as "protesters." I refer to them as "volunteers." They are vehemently volunteering as a test group to see if there will indeed be a second (or, third) wave of the virus.

Meanwhile, DH and I take all precautions we can.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 04-21-20, 02:22 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
My one friend on Facebook who keeps posting about the virus being a hoax sent me a private message asking me if I was okay and staying safe. After all she’s posted, I don’t know if she’s being sincere or sarcastic.
Sorry I don’t know if I should laugh or shrug I don’t know. It is puzzling to be sure. I am a few friends lighter today because I couldn’t take their nonsense anymore.
Old 04-21-20, 02:24 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

There was a news report about a Covid 19 denier from Ohio who called the news bul@@@@t. He died a few days ago from Covid-19.
Old 04-21-20, 02:27 PM  
LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Or themselves getting sick. If they were the only ones impacted, I would tell them to have at it and good luck. Sadly their poor choices will negatively impact others.

It seems a small but vocal segment of society are getting a lot of attention, making their supposed dissent seem more widespread than it likely is in reality. Here in Virginia, they brought long guns to at least one rally disguised as a protest.

Still don’t know how one can practice social distancing getting a massage., I will check the Georgia state website and see if they’ve provided guidance....sarcasm, sorry

Being a federal employee, I fully expect that the executive branch will make us all return to the office in early May, along with our colleagues who are contractors. Therefore, I will prepare for another shutdown or for getting sick or my husband getting sick in the summer.
I saw "protesters "on the news with guns as well, although I think it was footage from MI, not VA. If someone wants to carry signs or wave flags to try to make some kind of point, that's one thing, but guns are entirely different story. These people are just itching for a fight and it has nothing to do with the pandemic!
Old 04-21-20, 02:44 PM  
Gams

I saw someone with a sign on their truck that said “Jesus is my vaccine”.
Old 04-21-20, 03:07 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
I saw "protesters "on the news with guns as well, although I think it was footage from MI, not VA. If someone wants to carry signs or wave flags to try to make some kind of point, that's one thing, but guns are entirely different story. These people are just itching for a fight and it has nothing to do with the pandemic!
Yup a bunch in Michigan brought their long guns. So manly. Lots of White Supremacists/Proud Boys. So proud of Michigan...not.
Old 04-21-20, 03:40 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I saw someone with a sign on their truck that said “Jesus is my vaccine”.
Jesus might love them but everyone else thinks they are dangerous s+$tbirds
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, social media