Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-18, 10:25 PM  
jusca

I bought an unopened Beachbody core mat for $2.99. Today was my lucky day I've been wanting that mat for over 2 years. Talk about patience and luck.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 07:45 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I bought an unopened Beachbody core mat for $2.99. Today was my lucky day I've been wanting that mat for over 2 years. Talk about patience and luck.
Congrats on your find! Patience is key! This brings me hope that I will eventually find a bosu while thrifting!
Old 07-13-18, 07:50 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Congrats on your find! Patience is key! This brings me hope that I will eventually find a bosu while thrifting!
Me too Wendug!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-18, 11:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
congrats - i had to look that up to see what it looks like. i've seen items that resemble that but never thought of opening it up to see the manufacturer.

in my latest trip to Savers, i forgot to mention that i also saw a Billy Blanks Amplifier weighted bar (3#) for $5.99. it was in great used condition. i remember once last year or so, i saw a sealed brand new Amped bar for $15, and it was just too high even though it was brand new.

if the Amplifier bar is still there next week during discount day, i'll consider getting it. it's well made. Vfer juberann here on VF broke a plateau* using the Amplifier and his Get Amped set.

*see this thread: I have lost 7 pounds............

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-18, 10:08 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
That is great!

I went to my library book sale where they had a buy one free on dvds. For a dollar total I got Crunch Latin Dance by Jennifer Galardi and Mindy Mylrea's Tricycle workout.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-18, 10:38 AM  
Mickey12

I guess perseverance and repetition pay off. I usually only visited my thrift stores sporadically in the past and never really found anything except a single dvd here and there. I started going more frequently and last week I hit it big! I got about 15 DVDs, most of them still sealed. A lot of Pilates and ab dvds that I didn’t have and a crunch yoga and 3 Leslie’s that I already own that I am gifting to my co-worker. Woo hoo!! It felt like Christmas.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-18, 05:40 PM  
Garrie A.

At Goodwill I picked up, each $2.50 (and still sealed):
Barre3 Standing Slim, Ballet Boot Camp, and Burner

There's also a local discount store chain that is closing all their stores (Magic Mart), and I saw in the bargain bin (still sealed, $1.50 each):
The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix (unchaptered Goodtimes version)
The Firm Total Muscle Shaping

The TBSM was a rare find!

Yes, I picked all of these up
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 11:15 AM  
laurajhawk

Ooh, great finds, Garrie!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 11:25 AM  
Floren

Wow, sounds like a great score for you, and for your co-workers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I guess perseverance and repetition pay off. I usually only visited my thrift stores sporadically in the past and never really found anything except a single dvd here and there. I started going more frequently and last week I hit it big! I got about 15 DVDs, most of them still sealed. A lot of Pilates and ab dvds that I didn’t have and a crunch yoga and 3 Leslie’s that I already own that I am gifting to my co-worker. Woo hoo!! It felt like Christmas.

Kim
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 11:21 PM  
lingo10

So I had a great Saturday, store was doing a 50 off, so I decided to go and see if they put out any special goodies they want gone
$15 Pilates Pro Chair with Sculpting Handles and Extra Set of Resistance (No dvds)
$5 Bosu
$20 UGI ball
$3 Hip Hop Abs Set (Bought it yet again, i cant seem to part without it for long)
$6 Turbo Jam Dvd set like 6 of them.

I did pass an APY60 set for $25, didnt get it though. I used to like Kurt's workouts over on fittv, when it was fit tv but then i figured nah after the mixed reviews about it.

Best $49 well spent.
Made off like a bandit Saturday.

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bender ball, kendra wilkinson, thrift store finds