Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-15, 11:37 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieIL View Post
SuzieC, You've been doing TA for a while now, right? What do you think is unique about the streaming that makes your bum feel it more? Is it the length of the workouts, the increased intensity of the exercise, or the fact that you are motivated to give it your all because it's that much more enjoyable?

I love hearing about the streaming, & get excited & motivated by how much y'all are enjoying it, as well as your results.

Julie
Hi Julie!
I don't think it has to do with motivation because i was pretty regular with my workouts whether or not i wanted to do them, except for the interval between November and January, when illness and personal problems kept me from working out.
I think it's a combination of a couple of things - there is a lot of lower body work, 40 minutes, compared to about 20 minutes in Continuity (at least in year 1 and 2). As well, she does a lot of moves where she twists onto the bum and you need to use your glutes to get back to the starting position, and then she does it over an over until you feel like you are going to pass out. there is a flow to the moves too, and I find these workouts are not only muscular structure but cardio too. I NEVER felt sore with Meta or year 1 of continuity, but these workouts make me sore.
A big bonus is there is no fussy equipment, so you are not constantly moving a chair or trying to balance on a ball or other thing. It's pretty obvious what she is doing and so i find it easier to follow along. I'm not sure if this helps, it's hard to put it into words. The workouts are great!

Oh, and I've always had a really flat bum,but after only a few of the streaming workouts, it's actually lifting! Unbelievable!

Last edited by SuzieC; 02-01-15 at 11:38 AM. Reason: addition
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-15, 03:59 PM  
JulieIL

SuzieC, thanks for the insight. It makes sense that a longer workout would be more effective, & it sounds like the streaming is motivating enough (& 'live"), so it fires you up to tackle the challenge.

Interesting that her moves are more involved- and also, as someone else noted, that she kind of improvs, adjusting the routine as she goes along. I appreciate that she's just so intuitive & creative, "feeling" the workout along with the class & adjusting accordingly.

I love hearing about these! Congrats on the results!

Julie
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 02:12 AM  
rad

what's the feedback on this past week?
what day does the routine change?
tia.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:04 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
tia.
I just finished the standing work & bonus cardio. I was distracted with the bonus cardio since I was looking at the other ladies doing their own workouts in the background. There's this lady who's on an elevated rectangular cube, holding on to a band mounted on the ceiling, then doing leg lifts.

Still two thumbs up for me ! This is like a heavy hands workout that is so much fun.

I also do the tutorial first so I know the angles and what I'm supposed to do. At one point, I got distracted at wanting to stare at the trainer's abs, and also trying to figure the brand of her blue leggings. There's an inner thigh move (3rd one) that looks good. There's also the standard TA leg lifts and ab work.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 03:35 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
tia.
The routines usually change on Wednesday but there was a technical problem this week and it was posted on Thursday.

I did week 8 yesterday and I found it was not as upbeat and high-energy as usual. Some of the music was more nondescript and Tracy seemed a little tired. That said, there were lots of slower, larger stretchy moves (in both the standing and floor work) that felt really good. I would not like that style every week but I thought it was a nice change of pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I just finished the standing work & bonus cardio. I was distracted with the bonus cardio since I was looking at the other ladies doing their own workouts in the background. There's this lady who's on an elevated rectangular cube, holding on to a band mounted on the ceiling, then doing leg lifts.
Me too!! She seems to be in so much pain, poor thing.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 04:02 PM  
woodie

I've only looked at it but did find myself watching the woman on the cube. I love the sneak peak into the studio that we get with streaming!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 04:45 PM  
rad

Thanks for your responses mizach, fuzzie and woodie -
While you are captivated by the woman on the cube, I am intrigued by you.
Keep up your practice and posts everyone. Love hearing the experiences.
Will let you know when I cave; the day is not too far away.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-15, 06:25 PM  
violetblonde

I'm still really enjoying the streaming and the weekly ritual of getting a new class and breakdown is very motivating for me. I do find for some reason the classes set in the NYC studio were tougher than the LA classes, but I liked this week, including the somewhat less frenetic pace, and the short ab sequence at the end. I've been pretty spent with work and deep Canadian winter so the change of pace is welcome for me

Haven't done the cardio yet.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 05:06 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
The routines usually change on Wednesday but there was a technical problem this week and it was posted on Thursday.

I did week 8 yesterday and I found it was not as upbeat and high-energy as usual. Some of the music was more nondescript and Tracy seemed a little tired.
It's the pants. Threw the whole vibe off.

Not crazy about this week. I agree it seemed low energy & I can't put my finger on what else is bugging me.

I just wish we could hav a week or two where we're not pivoting or spinning on a knee. Yikes!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 10:45 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
It's the pants. Threw the whole vibe off.
LOL! That's what happens when she works out in her pajamas

I love the swiveling moves on the knees now BUT I am getting calluses on my knees and elbows I started exfoliating and moisturizing regularly...
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tam, tracy anderson, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson streaming