Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-28-14, 06:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeven View Post
That really stinks that you lost your data on your pedometer. I really can't see how the fitbit or even your HRM can be to blame though. Is there a reset button on your pedometer somewhere that you may have accidentally pushed?
No, it's a clamshell cover. There's no way to hit any of the buttons when it is closed.

I will probably wear the fitbit for mud runs and canoe trips and that's it. Just times when I can't wear my pedometer and HRM. I also saw it only works to -4 degrees, so it won't work when we snowshoe on really cold days anyway. I will check shortly to see if it recorded my sleep last night.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 07:52 AM  
Lulu Belle

I have a Fitbit Flex and I love it. I have been really motivated to get my daily steps in and I have persuaded four other friends to get one. We all walk quite a bit and it's fun to be friends with them on the fitbit app to help challenge each other to do our best.
Lulu Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 11:17 AM  
Vantreesta

I am so back and forth on this silly gadget. .

Do any of you use the sleep tracking? It did track mine last night. I was in bed for 6 hr 15 min. It said I was fully awake for 9 min, fully asleep for 1 hr 59 min, and restless for 4 hr 7 min!! Gulp! Have you found it to seem accurate for you? I know I didn't sleep well again last night so it seems like this is possible. If I only slept soundly for 2 hrs (if this is common for me) it's no wonder I sometimes struggle with low energy! I am curious to see what my trend would be.

I may test it with my HRM again tonight but AFTER I record all my numbers!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 05-28-14, 01:27 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
That really stinks, Jill. I just assumed it would sync to all iphones.

I was starting to think maybe this thing would be fun, but tonight when I was working out I had it and my HRM and my pedometer all on. I had been afraid it would interfere somehow with my HRM, but those readings all looked fine. But when I went to sync up and compare to my pedometer, my ped had been completely reset, all my memory erased, the time wrong, everything. This has NEVER happened before! I am extremely unhappy right now!!! Everything was fine with my ped before my workout. There had to be some kind of interference among the three things to do this, didn't there??? Everything was fine till all three things were on.
Weird! Yikes! I've worn my Fitbit, bluetooth HRM strap (Polar H7), Polar HRM watch at the same time while working out to music streamed to a bluetooth speaker. And had no interferance. I don't use a pedomater though, I tried some before I had my fitbit and could never get the one's I use to work right (they would reset) and my fitbit One is more accurate than my old pedometer with steps. So I've not tried to use them together. I am not sure why a fitbit or hrm would interfere with a pedometer but not each other or a bluetooth speaker though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 05:11 PM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I wanted to bring my fitbit one with me on my cruise because I knew I'd be walking a lot. Well, I wasn't able to get it to sync to the app on my iphone before I left, so I didn't bother bringing it. I still can't make it sync to anything but my desktop.
I don't use a phone app - I use the dashboard on my home computer. Even if you don't sync while on vacation, the fitbit will store the data and you can sync when you get home. I believe it stores 14 days of data.

I've had the One for 2 years and love it. It has absolutely been instrumental in my moving more each day. I was in a sedentary job when I got it...and it was very eye opening to see how little I was moving. Now I won't go to bed until I hit or exceed my goal. LOVE it!
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 07:24 PM  
jotis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I am so back and forth on this silly gadget. .

Do any of you use the sleep tracking? It did track mine last night. I was in bed for 6 hr 15 min. It said I was fully awake for 9 min, fully asleep for 1 hr 59 min, and restless for 4 hr 7 min!! Gulp! Have you found it to seem accurate for you? I know I didn't sleep well again last night so it seems like this is possible. If I only slept soundly for 2 hrs (if this is common for me) it's no wonder I sometimes struggle with low energy! I am curious to see what my trend would be.

I may test it with my HRM again tonight but AFTER I record all my numbers!
I have used my sleep tracking function and found it to be mostly accurate. On your sleep settings there is the option to change it between normal and sensitive. Is your set to normal?
jotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 10:37 PM  
rad

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/samsu...CHd9Exv8g.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...d-service.html
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 10:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotis View Post
I have used my sleep tracking function and found it to be mostly accurate. On your sleep settings there is the option to change it between normal and sensitive. Is your set to normal?
That's a good point. I had set it to sensitive thinking it wouldn't pick up my RLS movements. I'll put it back to normal tonight and see what happens. I did yoga with Eoin tonight, though, so hopefully I sleep better anyway! Actually, maybe I'll leave it on sensitive tonight and see if there's a difference since it's only the second night and then change it back.

Tonight my pedometer didn't get reset so hopefully I freaked out about nothing, but now it's almost worse not knowing what happened bc I don't know when/if it might happen again! I get way too overworked about some things, I know. The only other thing I did last night that I didn't do tonight was use my phone while the HRM was still on, but who knows. I just don't like it when I can't figure out why smthg happened like this.

Old 05-28-14, 10:49 PM  
Vantreesta

I will say this: if I didn't already have a pedometer I love that is part of a routine I like (recording my dog walks), I would probably be quite happy with the Flex. I would still be bummed about not being able to see my steps whenever I wanted, but I doubt I would have been as frustrated as I have been. The sleep tracking is really why I wanted it and didn't intend to give up my ped. Also the band is not as annoying as it was at first, so that's good.

Old 05-29-14, 01:41 PM  
Vantreesta

Just wanted to say thanks for the great tips and help. Sorry I've been so negative the last couple days! I do like the Flex, but I still can't see ever giving up my trusty old pedometer. We're attached at the hip! .

I do have another question. When we go camping we don't have electricity, so this battery won't last the whole time. Even if the battery dies, my info will still sync when I get back to my computer, right? Or is it lost when the battery dies? Bc we do trips like this is the reason I wish it was a normal battery instead of rechargeable. Thanks!

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker