Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-14, 12:43 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I like this brand, and they're fairly cute and very comfy!

http://www.planetshoes.com/earth-spirit?gender=women

Donna
Wow - these are cute! I'm a shoe-aholic and I've never seen these before. Thanks!

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 01:01 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Karen and Leslie - I'm glad you like them! I actually stumbled upon them in Walmart -(Walmart carries a few of their styles) and then I became addicted to them. The sandals are really comfortable, and the price isn't bad at all!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 01:11 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Donna:
I started to order shoes from that site. I had 3 different styles in my cart but then I needed to re-start my computer.
This reminds me I need to go back and order them. I am glad there are free returns.
Leslie

I am thinking of ordering these:
http://www.planetshoes.com/item/eart...-bed/25499/fn8

and these:
http://www.planetshoes.com/item/eart...ylor/25514/fd0

They are very reasonably priced too.

ETA: Just ordered all three styles! I have to stay away from this forum!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 01:31 PM  
donnamp

LOL, yes, this is a very dangerous place for purchases - I get enabled to buy books, shoes, clothes, beauty products, you name it!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 11:44 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I just found these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/ECCO-Sculpture...9092083&sr=1-5
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 08:32 AM  
dnna

I will add one more brand for those with serious foot problems- like me-Finn Comfort. they are on zappos, I can get them locally, too. expensive, I had a pair of the mary jane type and wore them almost daily teaching for -5 years with such comfort.
the lace up shoes are worse than grandma style, more like grandpa! but the sandals and "dressier" styles might do.
a wider, rounder toe shoe, with superb, almost like hand made comfort.
actually worth the money if your feet are hurting!
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 09:55 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
I will add one more brand for those with serious foot problems- like me-Finn Comfort. they are on zappos, I can get them locally, too. expensive, I had a pair of the mary jane type and wore them almost daily teaching for -5 years with such comfort.
the lace up shoes are worse than grandma style, more like grandpa! but the sandals and "dressier" styles might do.
a wider, rounder toe shoe, with superb, almost like hand made comfort.
actually worth the money if your feet are hurting!
My DH has 3 pairs of Finn Comforts that are more than 10 yrs old. They are not only comfortable, they don't make his feet stink.
I second this recommendation.

ETA: I bought a pair of Pikolinos from 6pm.

Are the Fitflops true to size? Are they ok for narrow feet?
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 11:57 AM  
mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Are the Fitflops true to size?
No. I do not believe they are. I wear a 8.5/9 in regular shoes and wear 8 on fitflops. I would suggest you try them on before you purchase if at all possible. They are really worth it.
mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-14, 10:40 PM  
rad

Structured Flip Flops on Steroids

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
...I will be walking everyday and want to travel light. I want to take only one pair of shoes if possible. I want to be able to go out to a nice restaurant at night and dress up and look good with the same pair of shoes in which I just spend the day walking. Does anything like this exist?
Yes!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the best shoes I purchased during this Century. In the winter I was wearing Birkie insoles, primarily in Clarks, which I also swore by. Go figure.

And they come in Narrow and Wide widths. You will never, ever look back. Read about the love-fest on Amazon.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-14, 12:30 AM  
buttons11

Birki lovefest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad View Post
Yes!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the best shoes I purchased during this Century. In the winter I was wearing Birkie insoles, primarily in Clarks, which I also swore by. Go figure.

And they come in Narrow and Wide widths. You will never, ever look back. Read about the love-fest on Amazon.
I will say, I just didn't get it...until a couple years ago. I started with my Betula Butterfly sandals from HSN in tan. Once I broke them in, my feet said 'What took you so long!!!"

Seriously though...how can it be possible to walk in shoes that cram your feet in to a shape that is clearly not shaped like your foot. And why did it take me so long to figure this out <v8slap> No matter...my feet are happy now and I think they are cute. Love doesn't describe it.

Later I managed to snatch another butterfly pair in magenta on clearance. Last year I got a pair that have a gladiator look on the upper in a cute metalic hammered black. And then a soft bed sandal in bronze that I wear walking at the near by Nat'l Park. Walking for MILES at a time. No blisters, very little foot fatigue. And get this...less lower leg/ankle fatigue too. I didn't even know that kind of fatigue could be avoided. Corns are nearly gone, and no more thick calluses on the bottom of my forefeet. Between my Birki's and my yogitoes my feet are recovering their original shape [no more painful inflammed bunions...gone] & my toes have much better, more natural spacing. I have four pair plus black pattened leather clogs I used to wear to work. Haven't bought new shoes since. The only wear on those original butterfly sandals after nearly four years is a bit on the soles but they can be resoled. I don't have any thong style yet, but they are next, when the budget allows. They travel great, soo light weight and take up very little space. These have taken me alll over downtown San Diego, all over the Zoo...twice, Balboa park, up and down Sunset Highway, multiple boardwalks. To keep this fitness related...now that my feet have improved I can jump, dance, and do planks without chronic foot pain.

Ok...I'll stop but you get the picture. Anyway...I hope you find something that is comfortable & suitable to you As said in another post recently, bugger the rest.
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes