Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-12-20, 05:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - it's you and me again! I hope your Pokemon thingie goes on as scheduled. As for my race, who knows. Things are changing quickly. My son called today to talk me out of having the family over for dinner this weekend. I consented, but I'm still not worried about my own safety, and I probably should be. The grandkids are definitely germ spreaders, and my son works with people who travel a lot, so caution is not a bad thing.

3/11 - RPM #81, 34 minutes and 2 miles with Leslie.
3/12 - BodyPump #102, 55 minutes. I upped my weights today! Progress!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 09:11 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

The Lili & Cleda show

Continues!!!!

Yeah --- Many things are closing down here. Broadway is closed until April. NYC has declared a state of emergency, no gatherings of large crowds, local schools are closed till April 6th. ?!? It really is quite frightening. I went to Walmart and the shelves for paper goods and cleaning supplies was BARE. Like NOTHING I have ever seen before. Not even for a snow storm. Our local grocery store had no boneless chicken and they had "Crowd control" measures in place at the front line registers.

Ok, enough of that. scary at best.

3/12/2020:
4.5 miles on the Elliptical. I was talking and texting with co workers and friends. Crisis mode. It did pass the time. (and it was AFTER work so I was tired!) Followed by CDE's dead bug on the bellicon and her arm workout that i like (Upped the weights to 5 lbs. for half of it.)

That's about it.
Till tomorrow.
Stay safe and AIR HUGS, FIST BUMPS or elbow bums ....
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 05:24 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

I went to BJ’s Wholesale yesterday for a regular food run and was shocked at the number of people there. The frozen vegetable section was wiped out! There was plenty of fresh food, though. I did not go down the cleaning supply aisles, so no idea what that was like. They did have a notice about limits on certain items at the registers. PA just declared that all schools are closing.

Exercise helps the immune system, so stay healthy Everydayers!

3/13 - 4 mile run. Beautiful weather today!

Old 03-13-20, 06:11 PM  
Helen

I'm sorry guys. I HAVE been moving, just not posting.

Sat 7th No idea , didn't log it, but Kathryn came so we did something.
Sun 8th Derby, 2 hrs
Mon 9th Christi - Hilo Heaven - Segment 2 + Bonus, 42min
Tue 10th Derby, 2 hrs
Wed 11th Walking with school, 6km
Thu 12th Kathy - Ageless - Staying Strong - OMIT Core Mix, 58min
Fri 13th TURD
Sat 14th Les Mills - Body Combat 28, 50min
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 06:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

It's fine Helen

Lili & I will keep posting, but like Lili said - I do think it's important to keep moving EVERY DAY. (Whether we post or not) I think we're one up on the majority of people. . . .

Good to see you Helen!!!!

Lili: Our schools are closed till April something, but I just read that they think it may be longer. Pokemon Go has changed game play so as to discourage gatherings in the park (which is what their goal is ~ to get lots of people together to mingle and meet and play a game). Same with Harry Potter. Peloton has cancelled all live "in studio" classes. I went to my Costco yesterday for gas and some regular items and I have (TRULY) never seen it as crazy and as many people scurrying to get supplies. They had flats upon flats of toilet paper with someone guarding them and reminding of the limits on each item (Paper towels also). This was at 9 a.m. when the store just OPENED!?!?

I had many other errands to run, so I came home and distanced myself from all the craziness. It's really CRAZY ....

And the temp was in the high 60s with the sun out, so I went for a long walk in my neighborhood (for my mile a day):

3/13/2020:
Walked 3 miles in the sunshine. YES YES YES Came home and did 30 minutes (Queen Ride) with Denis Morton on the Peloton.

I may or may not make my weekly goals. I continue with the mile a day. That one I DEFINITELY do. But the weights? I dunno. It takes such little effort and a small amount of time, but still. I struggle. More so because the leg was so sore for so many days. And to be honest? I think it came from the elliptical and not necessarily all the leg work. Who knows. But the thought of going through that type of soreness again, stops me from doing the strength. Which is STUPID. I know if I do it again, the muscles WILL adapt. At any rate ....

Off to the treadmill. Make it a great day.
Cleda

PS ... On to the countdown for the new challenge: 4 days .....
Old 03-14-20, 05:14 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Took it easy today, 4 miles with Leslie from her streaming service. I liked it because it changed walk leaders every 10 minutes.

Delaware schools are now closed for at least 2 weeks. I didn't venture out today. I don't deal well with crazy people!

Old 03-15-20, 02:44 AM  
Helen

Sun 15th Derby, 2 hrs

thanks for the Cleda & Lili show!

Even though COVID-19 hasn't really hit Australia in a big way yet, and even less-so in my area, the shelves of toilet paper have been empty here for over a week - weird isn't it?! We have a bidet at home, so a non-issue anyway. Functions being cancelled or postponed is a bit random with some going ahead and others not - our area is largely unaffected at the moment, but we're probably just lagging behind and it IS likely to spread to here. There has been talk of the upcoming 2 weeks holiday from school (student population ~1100) being extended to 4 - that'd be nice!

There was a derby bout last night - first for the season, and it was cool enough to wear a jacket - that's nice too.

Shoulder - STILL have a pinching sensation with a lateral raise BUT it's down to a 2-3/10 on the pain now & USED WEIGHTS for a lat-raise for the first time last week. Only 2kg (4.5lb) but it was joyous! Coming up to 6 months now.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 05:49 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Lazy day

Helen: Good to see you. I should take a page from your book and just think of it as time off when the time comes. It will most likely happen. Not an "IF" situation but a "WHEN" situation. (My secret hope is the challenge will have begun by then and I can focus on the Peloton and working out and other projects I just don't have time for). As for your shoulder? Your weights are already heavier than what I usually use. You remember awhile back I had some issues and went to an orthopedic for mine? Well, I am really, REALLY careful with my shoulder now and maybe on a strong day I'll use a 5lb. weight, but more times than not, it's 3 lbs. and it STILL gets the job done. Shoulders can be touchy things!!! And i DO NOT want the debilitating pain of 6 months ago. Or whenever it was. So I always err on the side of caution. It definitely takes time. And lots of it.

Lili: Must have been a lazy kinda day. I met a friend for coffee and only did a little workout yesterday. And then dh and I watched movies. But the good thing? We both did SOMETHING!!!! Kudos to us.

So in looking/thinking back ... I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm taking this workout and diet thing pretty seriously. (This is my time for reflection so I can get back on track a bit better.) It's been every day since the beginning of the year and at the end of the month? I'm 1/4 of the way through the year. EVERY DAY ... Go figure! Yes! I am pleased as punch about that. Some days? Easier workouts, other days? Triple workouts. But the bottom line is? I'm consistent and I've been working at it. I am uber proud of myself. (Is my arm long enough to pat myself on the back?) This is what accountability (and the Cleda & Lili show) does for me. Knowing that someone and everyone is/are checking up on me (in a loving way of course. And non judgmental.) Oh and I am also 10 weeks into my nutrition program and I'm down a significant chunk of weight! Wahooo ... Told ya all ... 2020 is MY year.

So anyway, before I get all mooshy sentimental here:

3/14/2020: Pi Day! YAY .....(we did celebrate with a Pizza Pie!) 1.5 miles on the Elliptical and then 2 bed time meditations.

I probably will not get all my strength workouts in this week. I'm ok with that. I'm still moving. I did get arms & abs, so that's good. And I got my mile a day. So that's good too. I'm truly ok with that. Next week is a new week. (and the challenge begins ... YIPPY ZIPPY back to all Peloton bike workout check ins.) ...

Well, that's about it for this installment. 10 minutes to go read Facebook and then off to exercise.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 03-15-20, 07:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - it’s hard to believe it’s been 6 months since you injured your shoulder. At least you are seeing improvement, but it must be frustrating to not be pain free.
Cleda - we are all proud of your accomplishments! Seeing results from your nutritional changes is encouraging! You go!

It looks like I’ve managed to get a cold, so I’m not going to push it too much. At least it’s just a cold! Today I only did a dog walk. I normally don’t count anything less than 30 minutes (our usual 1.25 mile walk takes 25 minutes), but I’m glad I did something!

Old 03-16-20, 04:39 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick check in

Lili: Do take care of yourself. Lots of fluids and I'm glad it's just a cold. Go easy on yourself.

I did check my stash of tylenol and advil and of course, since we never take anything it's way outdated. Never thought to check that when I was getting things ready to stay home. I will be stopping at Walmart and see if they have any left (tonight after work - 8 p.m. or so) I always have the expired (which should work) but would feel better if I have a bottle that's up to date for fever reduction. Just my paranoia ... er I mean preparedness.

Got assigned to my new/old team for the Power Zone challenge. We are back in session. So good to see all the old friends after my "recess". So here I thought I was in phenomenal shape. I can do the fun workouts and hardly sweat. They seem easy. some even boring. Thinking, WOW this Power Zone stuff really works. I can conquer the world. My runs are getting faster (it's all relative) and I'm so pleased with myself .... and then:

3/15/2020: Peloton Selena's 30 minute Interval run on the treadmill, followed by Christine's 60 minute Power Zone endurance ride + a stretch

I have not sweat so much since the last power zone challenge. Good grief. I even questioned at one point whether I was going to be able to finish the endurance ride. Now granted I had done a run first, but ENDURANCE? Seriously??? I have my new zones, so that's a little challenging. The only reason I did the worout was 1.) it was Christine and 2.) I thought maybe I should try a Power Zone wokrout since it's been almost 3 weeks since I've done one. Yeah. Glad I did. This challenge will prove ... Challenging.

They have also changed the scoring system, so I have to go back and check that. Won't be a problem since I do all my rides, but still. No donation rides allowed. Goes by a point system (strictly).

I did not make my weekly goals for strength. I'm ok with that. If I can keep my head above water in this tumultous time and still lose weight, I"ll take it. Not beating myself up for missing a leg & total body workout. I still got outside, I still worked out every day and I'm crushing it! I am definitely an emotional eater, so I have to be UBER careful these days.

Pokemon Go is taking measures to keep their players safe and cancelled community day and any EX raids for the near future. My phone was blowing up with text messages all afternoon. I work in a small office (well again, all relative) ... 3 doctors, 6 hygienists. I do think it's just a matter of time before we're closed for awhile. And honestly? I hope it's sooner rather than later.

Ok, gotta run and send my spreadsheet to my coach.
Onward and Make it a great day!
Waves to ALL ....
Cleda