Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-07-20, 04:43 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Thanks for bumping us up, SB. Yes, I did an STS rotation when it first came out but haven't even looked at it since....until this week. So far I'm really enjoying my 2 set version of it and am feeling some nice DOMS. So it must be doing some good! (Also, it's very satisfying, and gives me great pleasure to ff through sets I'm not doing). I hope work goes easy for you this weekend.

Today: K. Smith Total Body Lift and a bird walk with the nature club. Didn't see too many birds, though.
Friday: STS bi and back and some J. Ford Step. Unexpected Step it's called and she's way off the music for most of the DVD. She must have dubbed it in post production. Drives me nuts.
Thursday: one hour walk
Wednesday: STS Lower body,Petra K step
Old 03-07-20, 05:03 PM  
sbh

Hi everybody. Recovery week went very well. I am trying something new. Thirty minutes of cardio everyday and strength training one body part per day. I like it. Very doable.

S-rest
M-JS WS3 Cardio Hit! + KCM MD Biceps
T-JS WS3 Cardio Step Jam + KCM MD Chest
W-JS Flat Abs Walk + KCM MD Triceps
T-JS WS3 Boggie IT + KCM MD Shoulders
F-JS WO15FFB Fast Fat Burn and Belly Blaster + KCM MD Back 1 round

SB - Nice job on the walking. I would feel weird leaving my dog at home to take a walk. The people along the route we took for the past three years would probably wonder what happened to the dog..lol. Pilates bothers my back too. I occasionally try it and then pay the price. Although, I did Janice Lennard's pilates with success though. Pelvic tilts in other workouts bother me too, so I just don't do them.

PP - I'm so glad you and your family were not in that horrible tornado! So much devastation for those poor people. It was dry here in Feb. We have some rain today. I sure hope we get more. They are already saying we are in another drought.

Nora - STS has always intimidated me. I am just barely able to do Lite. Good for you, making it work. I'm envious.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 02:51 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Friday we went to Arkabutla lake again since the sun was actually shining. We walked a shaded path then veered off to walk a picnic area in the sun. I suspect the path will be wonderful in the summer.

Hubby and Dad worked on the camper roof Saturday morning. We had to go to the local RV shop in MS to pick something up, we found out we had it in the kit, but Hubby talked to the manager who suggested Hubby apply for a job as a service tech. He knows Hubby worked in aviation but I suggested Hubby add on a list of all the things he's done to the camper, including changing an axel in a Lowe's parking lot.

Yesterday we worked in the yard mostly picking up fallen sticks and pulling up overgrown bushes. My legs and back are sore but not so sore that it hurts to walk.

Today I did Walk at Home's Walk with Bands led by Rocky and Family Walk led by Nick.

Sherri, I'll send you some rain! Our outlook for the next week is rain every day. Hopefully they are wrong about our rain and your drought!

SB, good job being so consistent.
Nora, good job with STS. I can't see myself ever doing that again, but it was fun and challenging the first time!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 04:27 PM  
Tammie M

Greetings! Here are my workouts for the month. I hope everyone is staying sane with all of the coronavirus craziness.

Sunday (3/1) - CIA 2404 Step Till You Drop 2 - Strong Step
Monday (3/2) - Barlates Sculpt It Series: Break It Down + Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000, Volume 3: 2015
Wednesday (3/4) - The Firm Tough Tape 2 + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 4
Thursday (3/5) - Chalene Johnson Turbo Jam: Cardio Party + The Firm 5 Day Abs - Day 5 + Yoga for the Rest of Us - Back Care Basics - Parts 4 & 5
Friday (3/6) - Barlates Bounce Series: Barre
Saturday (3/7) - CIA 2404 Step Till You Drop 2 - Cardio-Dance Step
Sunday (3/8) - Barlates Sculpt It Series: Build It Up + Body Electric Unplugged Series 2000, Volume 3: 2016
Monday (3/9) - Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs: Level 1 + Country Heat: Trail Rider + Classical Stretch Season 7: 725

Penguin, it sounds like you have done some nice hikes. The service tech job at the RV shop may be good fit for your hubby. It's a plus that he already knows the manager.

Sherri, you have a great workout plan. I've done a few rotations mixing cardio with one body part a day and I thought it was good rotation. I used Cathe's Cross Train Express Series and XTrain series in my rotation.

Nora, good job with your STS rotation. I've actually never done that one. I'm glad you are feeling some results from it.

SB, nice walking and dvd workouts. Pilates form can be so critical. When I tweak my back it is always while bending forward. I have found if I bend forward while rounding my back I need a good bend in my knees. When I do a workout, I usually drop down before I start bending down. So I have nice bend in my knees. When I am doing chores or other things, I don't think about it. I hope your back is feeling better.

Waves to all!
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:53 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey Tammi - you inspired me to try Turbo Jam. I did that yesterday. It was only 20 min., so I added on a Shape dance segment with Michelle Dozois. Coronavirus craziness? Oh ya. I have not one but two upcoming trips planned and paid for, so it better calm the heck down soon.

I'm hanging in for at least another week with STS. Did CST 2 set deal. Also, took a 1 hour walk. That same one hour walk used to take me 50 minutes, as I recall...so I probably need to step up my step a notch!

PP- hubby sounds multi-talented. Something will work out soon!
Old 03-10-20, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Work was extremely busy over the weekend so that was my workout for Saturday and Sunday. I thought with the coronavirus fear people would be staying home, but nope. I also somehow managed to hurt my hip/lower back too on Sunday. Very annoying especially after all my bragging about my low back pain being gone lately.

Yesterday was 2 walks, 43 minutes in the afternoon and 28 minutes after dinner. Since it's staying light until after 7 pm now I couldn't resist. Being over 70 degrees yesterday helped too! I also did a core workout from The Balanced Life streaming challenge. Very slow and beginnerish so I'm not sure if I'll continue with that challenge. I plan on walking today and hopefully more.

NORA, nice workouts including STS. I'm glad fast forwarding through the additional sets gives you pleasure . I would feel the same. Interesting about your 50 minute walk taking an hour now. I hope your trips aren't affected by the coronavirus.

PENGUIN, you and hubby seem to be keeping busy. With hubby's talents I'm sure something will come through soon.

SHERRI, nice workout week. I like the idea of combining cardio with one body part strength.

TAMMIE, very nice workouts for the month so far. Nice variety as always.
Yes I'm realizing that bending my knees is very important when forward bending. I've been doing that in the pilates workouts too. I may have to lay off the pilates for a bit especially now with this new hip pain.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-20, 08:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk. With my new hip pain I wasn't sure if I should attempt pilates or weight work. Maybe I'll try something upper body today. I do have a doctor appointment this morning to check on a mole.
Always makes me very nervous.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-11-20, 10:01 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday:STS lower body and some of Just Dance Petra K
Today: finished Just Dance and a short walk

SB - I hope the doc appointment went OK. As for my trips, I'm supposed to fly to London then on to Croatia on April 26. I'm starting to think it isn't going to happen. Hopefully, I can get a credit for my flight. My London hotel...don't think I'm getting it back. Croatia airbnb, I'm going to try to get a refund, I guess. My other trip is NYC to meet up with DD, then train to Washington. But that's only in June, so I still hold out hope!
Old 03-12-20, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 45 minute walk in the park (it's been awhile since I did that!!) and a 24 minute after dinner walk. The park is near my dr's office so that's why I decided to walk there after my appointment. Today is cloudy and damp but I may walk even though the milder temps this week have spoiled me.
I hope to add on some weight work too. The doctor said my mole is a nevus something or other, I've had one removed before from my back a few years ago. She's going to remove it tomorrow and hopefully that's the end of it.

NORA, nice job with STS and your dance workout. Well since they are restricting flights from Europe now I'm not sure how flights going to Europe will be treated. Fingers crossed. Hopefully the NYC trip will be ok. That's 3 months away.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-12-20, 06:50 PM  
patchworkpenguin

so I tried to post earlier and lost my looong post so lets try again.

Good news. Hubby got a job! He's teaching Aviation at the West Memphis campus of Arkansas State University. He got a call from an old coworker on Monday, who suggested that he come in Tuesday morning to apply and then started teaching Wednesday! its been a bit of a whirlwind. He's never really thought about teaching, has no preparation and has been thrown into a class where the instructor is out sick. He feels a bit overwhelmed but I figure they are just glad to have someone so they don't have to cancel the class. While this is a substitute position, he's already been offered a full time position.

My workout today was Up To the Beat Fitness 10Min Country Walkout {filmed outside!} followed by 27Min Latin Style walk.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote