Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-20, 02:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi again. Just some observations, comments, questions.

Lately it seems I have been picking Yoga practices with a lot of twists. Not on purpose although with TWIST in the title I assume there are some. ;-) I have found that my back and sides really feel a lot better after these twisty practices. I don't have back issues (thank God) but I do pretty hard workouts that leave me feeling sore sometimes.

Do you have favorite poses? I used to always pick single Pigeon pose but I have really come to LOVE Lizard pose! My hips love it! And it feels like a 'humble' pose too.

How long do you usually practice? I try for 40-60 minutes but would love to have the time to do a 90+ minute class.

Just some thoughts. Hope you're having a wonderful day!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I've been up to:

~ No Hands Evening Flow with Tiffany Cruikshank (Tuesday)
~ Just PT (Wednesday)
~ Listening to lovely Tias Little meditations before bed and falling asleep every time

Hi Kate, sounds like you're all tied up in knots. Twists are so cleansing and comforting. Hmm, I think my current favorites are anything lying on the back to stretch the hamstrings, and the versions where you lower the leg to either side. And happy baby pose.

Sherry you are talking me into dusting off the YBB with the three progressive core workouts. I've been neglecting my PT and need to ramp it up.

I'm so excited for my niece, she got a yoga gig at the local arts and cinema theater, a beautiful restored theater from the old days with a Moroccan theme. She is teaching on the mezzanine Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can't wait to attend her Tuesday evening class.

Good morning to Pam, Cyana and anyone who joins us.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 10:46 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning yoginis!

I’ve stalled out this month. I spent a large part of Monday at the walk in clinic as my toe was not getting better and I was afraid of infection under the nail. The doc I saw froze it with a ring block (ouch) and excised it, but nothing came out. He was surprised as it was inflamed & sore. So finally and X-ray & it is broken, sigh. I guess I’ve been walking on it too much. I’ve started on another course of antibiotics too. I’ve been trying to take it easy so all I’ve done is gentle stretching & yin at bedtime. I need to step it up & do some mat work.

Pat & Kate - I love twisty practices!

Sherry - Yes, sometimes doing something different reminds you of muscle groups you’re neglecting.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 11:05 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Pat!! How exciting for your niece! I have often thought about teaching Yoga. But I know there would be a lot of teacher training to get first. I bet she'll do great!
Yup, twisty...and now this week seems to be more backbends.

HI Pam!! I'm so sorry to hear you broke your toe! I did that once too and ignored it and it did take a while to heal. I hope you get better soon. I'd go nuts if I couldn't at least do some Yoga!

Hi Sherry! I am so proud of you and your Combat workouts! You know those are my favs and I'm glad you are able to do some of them! You keep up the great work!

Hi to everyone else!!! I hope you are well, I hope you are happy!

So yesterday I did Cathe's Gym Style Legs and one of my favorite Dan Ward practices on Power Yoga called Self Love. After GS Legs, that felt GREAT!!

Today I did Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix and plan on popping in one of my Eoin Finn practices at lunch. I'm feeling in a pretty "chill" mood today and he's pretty chill too.

Have a wonderful day!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 03-05-20, 12:52 PM  
sherry7899

Pam, I am so sorry that your toe is broken! I hope you are not in a lot of pain-hugs!

Pat,that sounds like a lovely way to fall asleep! I need to try that.
I need to get back to core work......I've never done enough of it, and it would be good for my back to do it regularly.

Kate, thanks! I love Body Combat. I can't do it as often as I would like because of my chronic neck/shoulder injury. I may do it again tomorrow or Saturday. Have you tried the newest one-number 81 yet?

Twists are my favorite! I sometimes add them to practices that do not have them already.

I did not post yesterday. Tuesday night I could not fall asleep until 2:30 am on Wednesday morning and woke up at 6:15 am. Ugh! I pushed myself anyway and did:

Soul Sweat with Lucy Body Alignment-53 minutes

This morning was:

Soul Sweat with Lucy More Joy class 55 minutes. I hope to do yoga later.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 03:02 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Sherry: Yes I did 81 on Tuesday and really liked it! Maybe not the best but lots of fun, some new moves and always good ol' Dan and Rach.
Do you find if you push yourself and exercise even if you're on slow sleep that you feel better when you're done? I hope so.

Today I did the full Pipeline practice from Eoin's Earth Body Yoga. Oh my!!! I love his Sea Sals! Such a superb DVD!!

Old 03-05-20, 11:23 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Back to post some workouts, low key but it’s a start!
~ETV: Express Posture - first 10 min as it got too foot intensive for me.
~YT: Wrist friendly Pilates w/o
~MFML: Healthy Back: Upper back & neck

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 03-06-20, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning yoginis, and TGIF!

Pam, what a total drag that your toe is broken. At least it is not infected, I hear an infection under the nail can cause a lot of havoc. Who can blame you for sticking with yin? But it looks like you are getting back into a groove.

Sherry, good job on pushing ahead and getting your Soul Sweat workouts in.

You sea salutations sound fun Kate.

Yesterday wasn't great, my nephew's obit was in the paper and that made it "real." I had a bad headache so gave myself a break and laid down after work, listening to Tias' Guide to the Chakras. He has the most amazing turns of phrase. Thankfully I feel much better today and adjusted to the new normal.
Old 03-06-20, 08:46 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - I hate to use the "C word" but is anyone concerned about the corona virus? So far I'm just watching and taking all the precautions that we can, but it's starting to hit New England and I'm getting concerned now.
Old 03-06-20, 10:38 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Pat - Yes, seeing an obit is very sad & sobering, I’m so sorry about your nephew.
I am concerned about the virus too. It seems the worst places to be are travel related.....airplanes & airports, anywhere where it’s crowded. DH and I were offered a month home exchange in Kailua Hawaii in June & we have decided to decline. It’s not Hawaii that concerns me, it’s the travel to get there and back. I have a history of asthma and when I get a virus, it often to ends up as bronchitis.

Now to pick out some mat work for today....

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn