Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-17-19, 08:00 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I heard from CS. Here is their response:

Thank you for connecting with us regarding your experience with the new Barre3 Online website. We appreciate you taking the time to write this feedback and I want you to know that your voice is heard.

Please know that we made these adjustments to our online platform based off feedback we received in order for us to better support your journey to be balanced in body and empowered from within. We know that change can be hard but we are hoping you find these website updates supportive of your barre3 practice.

You are correct, while we were renovating our site, we removed older workout videos that we feel are no longer a proper representation of our core values, practices or approved by our training team.

The reason behind this is that our workouts are always evolving with science. Our class and approved choreography/postures evolve as our team of instructors and researchers test and approve movements that better guide you towards strength and balance. We want to stand behind 100% of the videos published which is why we removed videos that don’t best represent our most current Barre3 evolved class.

I understand the disappointment in not being able to access the older videos that you have become accustomed to however I want you to know that we are constantly filming and are planning on publishing even more videos than ever before in the upcoming year.

In regards to our recipes, these are not lost indefinitely, however, we will not be pointing you in the direction of our B3 kitchen in our new experience.
At Barre3, we believe that you are your own best teacher and since each person's nutrition philosophy and needs are unique to the individual, we’ve decided to leave our barre3 kitchen off our new home page and will no longer be creating new recipes. I am happy that you’ve found success with our recipes, here is a direct link to all of them that you know and love, https://blog.barre3.com/recipes/.

We so appreciate your patience and understanding as we make these changes and evolve, I sincerely hope that we can continue to support each other and grow together.

As you use our new website more, I hope you discover how the features enhance and support your barre3 journey.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can offer any further support. I am here for you!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 08:42 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I heard from CS. Here is their response:

Thank you for connecting with us.....I want you to know that your voice is heard.

Please know that we made these adjustments to our online platform based off feedback we received in order for us to better support your journey to be balanced in body and empowered from within.....

At Barre3, we believe that you are your own best teacher and since each person's nutrition philosophy and needs are unique to the individual, we’ve decided to leave our barre3 kitchen off our new home page and will no longer be creating new recipes......

We so appreciate your patience and understanding as we make these changes and evolve, I sincerely hope that we can continue to support each other and grow together.

As you use our new website more, I hope you discover how the features enhance and support your barre3 journey.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can offer any further support. I am here for you!
I'm almost sorry I don't have a subscription because I would enjoy canceling these guys LOL The faux sensitivity while giving diminished services is beyond irritating. I'm calling BS because if they really "connected and heard your voice", they would leave up the workouts you enjoy and get their butts working on new recipes. If you are "your own best teacher", then why do you need them at all? And finally, you'll sleep so much better knowing that they (and not the services you enjoy) are there for you. The baloney meter is on red alert and a truly "empowered" customer can make their way to the cancel button!

Quote:
Ugh..... but the instructor! She kept inserting the most cheesy motivational chatter. It seems to be in line with their new brand redesign. It was nauseating. At the end, she went on and on about the word 'perfect' and how bad and toxic it is.
........and it's starting to sound like psychobabble. I kind of just wanted a good workout and maybe a few nice recipes. Was that so hard?!
Pandering to politically correct jargon takes less work but maybe reduced revenue will speak louder than words. Hope they can live on all that cheese if their revenues fall
Old 10-17-19, 09:06 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I'm almost sorry I don't have a subscription because I would enjoy canceling these guys LOL The faux sensitivity while giving diminished services is beyond irritating. I'm calling BS because if they really "connected and heard your voice", they would leave up the workouts you enjoy and get their butts working on new recipes. If you are "your own best teacher", then why do you need them at all? And finally, you'll sleep so much better knowing that they (and not the services you enjoy) are there for you. The baloney meter is on red alert and a truly "empowered" customer can make their way to the cancel button!

Pandering to politically correct jargon takes less work but maybe reduced revenue will speak louder than words. Hope they can live on all that cheese if their revenues fall
I did have the pleasure of canceling - in fact when I first tried to cancel from their site it wouldn't allow me to do so, so I reached out via email. I received a response from them saying they were sorry I was leaving....and asked if I would provide feedback on several items, which I was happy to provide, in a polite but direct manner. The last question was, Would you ever resubscribe to Barre 3 and my answer was No. I feel that Barre 3 has changed very much from their earlier days, and I agree with you about the "faux sensitivity." If anything, I feel that for all of their talk about moving closer to their "core" values, they have actually moved very far away from what made them a wonderful and empowering company and have become very "greedy" and not truly concerned about their customer base.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 09:08 AM  
Exercise Diva

Forgot to mention that as part of my email response, I also suggested that they take a peek at VF to see the feedback regarding the changes to their site.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 09:27 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I did have the pleasure of canceling - in fact when I first tried to cancel from their site it wouldn't allow me to do so, so I reached out via email.....
They clearly had so much confidence in their new platform that they disengaged the cancel button. As you have proven, people will go the extra distance to leave when services drop and prices keep rising. All the flowery language in the world won't salvage bad business practices. Greed has a stench that doesn't easily cover. They should be very careful as the competition is fierce these days.
Old 10-17-19, 09:45 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I'm almost sorry I don't have a subscription because I would enjoy canceling these guys LOL The faux sensitivity while giving diminished services is beyond irritating. I'm calling BS because if they really "connected and heard your voice", they would leave up the workouts you enjoy and get their butts working on new recipes. If you are "your own best teacher", then why do you need them at all?
Yeah, the part about 'people have different ways of eating so we just ditched the recipe feature all together' was bizarre to me. People have different ways of exercising, too, but you're providing workouts. Honestly, the recipes were not especially controversial. They espouse eating whole, real food. They're not keto or paleo or vegan. Lots of veg, some fruit, sometimes there would be a dish with eggs or quinoa, but that's easy enough to skip, omit or substitute if you're eating a specialized diet. I don't know...

Anyway, I did one of the remaining slightly older workouts this morning and I LOVED it, so it did remind me of why I love barre3! I'm suppose I can live on those until it runs out. I try to limit my consumption of cheese.
Old 10-17-19, 11:26 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Yeah, the part about 'people have different ways of eating so we just ditched the recipe feature all together' was bizarre to me. People have different ways of exercising, too, but you're providing workouts.
I'm lurking in this thread because I enjoy a good rant sometimes - I like the Barre3 DVDs but haven't ever tried their streaming. Just dropped in to say that the above was my reaction, too. "Different ways of eating" does not mean recipes are not useful!

I bet they just decided recipes aren't their core competency and they didn't want to invest in them anymore. If so, a better tactic would've been to just say that, and leave the existing recipes on the site for people who enjoy and use them. They could always add a disclaimer saying "people have different ways of eating, these recipes may suit you or not" if they're concerned about that.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 01:30 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
If anything, I feel that for all of their talk about moving closer to their "core" values, they have actually moved very far away from what made them a wonderful and empowering company and have become very "greedy" and not truly concerned about their customer base.
They seem to see themselves as having started a 'movement.' There's a lot of talk about 'rethinking fitness.' It's almost feeling culty. All the inspo talk in the most recent video, I mean, really, I could hardly turn it off fast enough.

IMO, barre3's strength lay in what they *didn't* say--no 'think of how good you're going to look in a bathing suit'-type stuff. No talk of weight loss, how many calories you'll burn, etc. But now by drawing so much attention to how 'revolutionary' they are in this aspect, it feels inauthentic... like it's some kind of sales gimmick.

I don't think they appreciate how jarring it is for a customer to log on one morning to find the amount of content (for which we pay handsomely) DRASTICALLY reduced. If they really feel like the older workouts were a threat to the integrity of their brand, fine. But TELL us about it. Explain why you think you need to take them down. 'These days, we're doing X instead of Y. We read the following studies, and we've noticed in our studio teaching that our clients are having better outcomes' or whatever. I just feel like they're treating us like children ('we know change is hard'), yet they're telling us 'we are our own best teacher.' We're also not stupid. We can see when they are giving us less for the same price.
Old 10-17-19, 01:31 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I'm lurking in this thread because I enjoy a good rant sometimes - I like the Barre3 DVDs but haven't ever tried their streaming. Just dropped in to say that the above was my reaction, too. "Different ways of eating" does not mean recipes are not useful!

I bet they just decided recipes aren't their core competency and they didn't want to invest in them anymore. If so, a better tactic would've been to just say that, and leave the existing recipes on the site for people who enjoy and use them. They could always add a disclaimer saying "people have different ways of eating, these recipes may suit you or not" if they're concerned about that.
Yes, I agree. And I'm happy to entertain you with my ranting.
Old 10-17-19, 01:58 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
They seem to see themselves as having started a 'movement.' There's a lot of talk about 'rethinking fitness.' It's almost feeling culty. All the inspo talk in the most recent video, I mean, really, I could hardly turn it off fast enough.
I haven’t done the latest one, but as a long-term on and off subscriber, it seems to me that this has always been part of who they are. It’s mindfulness-lite. Or yoga-lite. Well, most mindfulness stuff out there is lite anyway, IMO. Maybe it is going to come out even more in the videos, and that’s too bad, because it hasn’t bothered me, but I don’t love that about barre3.

And they haven’t had any new recipes in a very long time, so I wasn’t surprised about that part.

There have been some articles about changes they made because of “science”, like heavier weights, not lifting weight above shoulder level, things like that. But then the actual workouts never seem radically different.

But, no more weekly workout? That’s a deal killer. Way back when, they had only monthly workouts, but it cost much less. I have a lot of months left on an annual, so I hope they will quickly add some longer workouts.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming