Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-17, 06:28 PM  
margaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I will be ordering today. Just wondering if I should add another DVD so it's not lonely in the shipping package.
haha...thought I was the only one who considered adding a second dvd so that the first one would not be lonely...lol
margaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 06:37 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

man oh man, I love that setting! I guess she finally heeded our concerns about the dark sets. this one is a calm, living room setting near the mantle. the music is still techno, though.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 08:41 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaux View Post
haha...thought I was the only one who considered adding a second dvd so that the first one would not be lonely...lol
I've been going back and forth on KCM's Cardio Pump. It gets good reviews here and I like the clips so I might add that one.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 11:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Amazon has it for preorder too. Is it my imagination or is $25 kind of high for one of her workouts??
If it's your imagination it's mine too. I believe some if not most of her earlier releases were in the $10-$15 range from the start, since I remember thinking at the time how reasonably priced her workouts were in comparison to some of the others. I have never paid $25 for one of her workouts and I don't buy on Amazon if I can possibly avoid it.

I'm going to wait until Mary has it available and hopefully use the VF code and get a bit of a break, although I'm not sure if we get it on brand new releases?

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 11:57 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
. . . I'm going to wait until Mary has it available and hopefully use the VF code and get a bit of a break, although I'm not sure if we get it on brand new releases?
If you're referring to the % discount, it works on all the orders, new and old. I used it yesterday to purchase this one.
Old 12-14-17, 09:13 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
If it's your imagination it's mine too. I believe some if not most of her earlier releases were in the $10-$15 range from the start, since I remember thinking at the time how reasonably priced her workouts were in comparison to some of the others. I have never paid $25 for one of her workouts and I don't buy on Amazon if I can possibly avoid it.

I'm going to wait until Mary has it available and hopefully use the VF code and get a bit of a break, although I'm not sure if we get it on brand new releases?
Yeah, I'm going to wait until the price goes down to purchase this. $25 is a bit salty for one DVD!
Old 12-14-17, 09:22 AM  
upperwside

I don't mind paying $25 (actually it's much more $ as I am in Canadian dollars and shipping is higher) for one workout DVD. One spin class here in Toronto for 45 minutes is $35.. a barre class is for 60 minutes is $30. So, to buy a DVD that I will use over and over is a good deal to me.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 09:33 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I don't mind paying $25 (actually it's much more $ as I am in Canadian dollars and shipping is higher) for one workout DVD. One spin class here in Toronto for 45 minutes is $35.. a barre class is for 60 minutes is $30. So, to buy a DVD that I will use over and over is a good deal to me.
Yes, it's all relative. People used to pay huge money for The Firm VHS tapes. It's true that Jari's DVD costs more than some other instructors' do these days, but it's also not much money at all, objectively, if you'll end up using it many times.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 10:54 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
divide that by 365, and it's pennies a day. but wait! there's MORE!

...too many infomercials....

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-17, 11:46 AM  
marki64

I have no problem waiting for sales. By next year at this time, it will probably be $14.99. Then I will order it. She is another one though, that tends to do the same stuff. I agree that the bright set makes a difference compared to her dark set. I kinda find Jari a little kooky with her jabber and comments.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love