Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-17, 07:34 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

This is weird. I would think that once you click on cancel that would be it. I have canceled and re-started with Barre3 many times. I always get an e-mail confirming. Weird too that they used a different CC than the one you had on file. I guess that glitches can happen with any website where you enter a CC number.
Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 05:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I checked my Barre3 account today and it says "Cancelled" on it - so I guess I'm safe for next year. I do wish they hadn't gone to the one-tier subscription model - I would have been willing to continue at a lower level subscription.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 08:57 AM  
Exercise Diva

[QUOTE=txhsmom;2721837]I checked my Barre3 account today and it says "Cancelled" on it - so I guess I'm safe for next year. I do wish they hadn't gone to the one-tier subscription model - I would have been willing to continue at a lower level subscription.

I'm really surprised that they did this. I changed my subscription to their basic level not too long ago without issue. I wonder though if they will force this on all members eventually or if they will grandfather those folks in. I love this subscription but I do their workout maybe once or twice a week at most - definitely not worth what they are charging for the full subscription in my opinion. I also didn't love their weekly workouts as much as I enjoyed the workouts they put out monthly.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 12:06 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

These vendors are not doing manual billing. They are using an application or a bank that does the billing for them. So, when things go wrong, they are doing the same thing we're doing, calling, checking, etc.

Not to say that it isn't the responsibility of Barre3 or Susan Bowen etc. to make sure their customers have a satisfactory experience. It is.

It doesn't sound like any of the companies mentioned here are deliberately making things difficult. And it sure sounds like some of them need to pay more attention to the system they are using and follow up on complaints. It is poor customer service on their part and they shouldn't be passing that buck. Something I think some instructors/vendors do.

The rollover of autopay- that is a total mystery. Why and when it happens, who knows.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 12:59 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I do wish they hadn't gone to the one-tier subscription model - I would have been willing to continue at a lower level subscription.
I just checked the pricing for b3 streaming and wow, they've gone way up in price! That's surprising. Barre3 used to be one of the most affordable barre streaming sites, and now they're one of the least!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 06:40 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

My mom, who had Alzheimers, had fallen for some magazine subscription scheme. I had tried unsuccessfully to cancel her subscription and closed her credit card. She was still billed. I contacted the credit card company, and they told me that as long as she had agreed to the subscription they would pay it, whether she had a new number with the same company or even a closed account. Seems so wrong!
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 07:50 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
My mom, who had Alzheimers, had fallen for some magazine subscription scheme. I had tried unsuccessfully to cancel her subscription and closed her credit card. She was still billed. I contacted the credit card company, and they told me that as long as she had agreed to the subscription they would pay it, whether she had a new number with the same company or even a closed account. Seems so wrong!
That happened to me with an online magazine once. I don't get it.
Old 07-16-17, 06:56 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I just checked the pricing for b3 streaming and wow, they've gone way up in price! That's surprising. Barre3 used to be one of the most affordable barre streaming sites, and now they're one of the least!
I am so disappointed that they discontinued the basic subscription for $19 a month. As soon as my current 6 month subscription is up, I am canceling. Probably for good.
Old 07-16-17, 06:56 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
These vendors are not doing manual billing. They are using an application or a bank that does the billing for them. So, when things go wrong, they are doing the same thing we're doing, calling, checking, etc.

Not to say that it isn't the responsibility of Barre3 or Susan Bowen etc. to make sure their customers have a satisfactory experience. It is.

It doesn't sound like any of the companies mentioned here are deliberately making things difficult. And it sure sounds like some of them need to pay more attention to the system they are using and follow up on complaints. It is poor customer service on their part and they shouldn't be passing that buck. Something I think some instructors/vendors do.

The rollover of autopay- that is a total mystery. Why and when it happens, who knows.
I agree with this completely.
Old 07-16-17, 08:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
I am so disappointed that they discontinued the basic subscription for $19 a month. As soon as my current 6 month subscription is up, I am canceling. Probably for good.
Yes, I would continue for the lower tier subscription price - it's not a bad price, especially if you did a year subscription at a time - I think it came to $15 a month, maybe less (in the past). But I'm not doing $300 a year. It's not worth it unless that's pretty much all you do.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3