Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-17, 11:17 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

What about the Weider XT workouts? They are all about 45 minutes but you can just cut them off early. Also, the Weider Ruthless workouts.

If the people are advanced...Insanity.

Barre is my favorite but I don't know if it would appeal to the masses like more traditional bodyweight work (the Weider). ETA saw your original email so barre it out anyway!'

ETA 2: I guess my recommendations are more HIIT than toning.
Old 05-11-17, 11:21 AM  
bubbles76

Ebianco, I did think about the Weider workouts, especially since they are a favorite of mine. But I was wondering if that would be too sweaty or not enough toning. I did pass on the breakdowns to my boss though, and will be bringing the set in tomorrow for her to take a look. Ruthless might be good. Is it mostly cardio though?

I was also thinking about Fitness is Function and maybe Abs and Pushups, although that is upper body only. Is Atletica 4 more total body?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 12:16 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym. These are fictional fitness workouts. No equipment required except for a mat. I don't recall these being longer than 30 minutes.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 12:20 PM  
LizEMA

Bubbles,

I was going to suggest the Weider workouts, as well, esp. X-Factor; there is much less cardio in those, though, as the program progresses and you get further in, he seems to sprinkle more bursts in there. HOWEVER, he also has a modifier, which always demonstrates a low impact version of the cardio move, and, also seems to make it less cardiovascular in doing so. Those blasts can also just be skipped and the time used to grab some air or water and/or stretch out. The first 4 weeks/discs look like they might be what you're looking for. ETA: These routines are all 40 mins., but, in every one, there is a "built in" "water break" at the 20, 21:00 mark, after which, he starts the circuit over again. So, that would be a great time/place to end the routine (if it wasn't enjoyed, if it was too difficult, or if there was no more time left in your schedule).

I also make the following recommendations with a disclaimer as I have never actually done them (though, they have been on my "to-do" list for quite some time! )

All of Mark Lauren's offerings are bodyweight only. He has about 4-5 programs.
Also, Men's Health w/ BJ Gaddour 10 Minute Torchers. There are a dozen workouts in that one, about half of which are bodyweight only.
There is also Men's Health Bodyweight Burners of which there are two DVDs -- a cardio one and a muscle one. (Although, after a quick search, it appears it is a pretty rare find and hard to get your hands on.)

I was also thinking about Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs and Killer Abs. She does use DBs for some of the moves in some of the routines, but, you can easily just do the move without the extra weight and still get a good workout/feel the move and muscles working. The abs routines are all 30 mins, IIRC, and the KB&T all fall at around the 40 min mark. Like in Ruthless, there are some cardio blasts (esp. in the abs routines) but, again, there is always a modifier, always showing low impact versions, and always making it less cardiovascular. (By the way, these I HAVE done. )

What about routines using resistance bands or tubing? Would that be an option for you guys?
Old 05-11-17, 12:22 PM  
pcdoctor01

I've only looked at Mike's workouts. Too scurred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUfw7D4LkE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHuuQA_9Lg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brL3BCq0tjs
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 01:20 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I thought of Kathy Smith's Instant Workout, and I see she has it posted for free on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/100353267

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 02:25 PM  
wlorrie

If I recall correctly, P90 Masters UML is total body and all body weight. I can't remember how long it is. I did it while on vacation years ago.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 03:22 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Bubbles,

You're right, the Weider Ruthless would be more cardio intense than toning.

To follow up on Liz's post, I have and somewhat enjoy Jillian's Killer Abs DVD, it is total body toning in her eccentric/untraditional way of doing things. That may be a fun one. I haven't done it in a long time.
Old 05-11-17, 04:27 PM  
Jewels5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Hi all! We are starting Toning Tuesdays at my job, and I am in charge of the workouts Tomorrow, I want to bring my boss a sampling of workouts we can use. They must be total body, toning, 30 minutes or less ideally. Can possibly go to 40 minutes. Would love dvds, but if you have suggestions for specific online workouts that would be great too!

ETA: No yoga, ballet, barre, or pilates. We already have yoga covered on Thursdays And no pilates, barre, or ballet because none of us has experience to teach or make sure people have proper form.
What a fun idea! What about Horizontal Conditioning?

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -Heather Cortez
Jewels5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 06:00 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

David Jack Belly Off Body Weight Routine DVD (also on youtube).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minute workouts, body weight, body weight workouts, bodyweight, bodyweight workouts, short workouts, toning