Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-16, 11:14 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Kelly Coffey Meyer and Purple Player Platform

The Purple Player platform website indicates her workouts include all the premixes. Can anyone verify the download/streaming workouts are just like the dvds?

We are going to be traveling a lot in the future and I need downloaded/streaming workouts instead of dvds whenever possible. I already have several other workouts from other instructors on my Purple Player Platform account.

Thanks, Leslie
Old 07-13-16, 03:13 PM  
kariev34

They do not contain premixes which is disappointing. I emailed Kelly asking about this after I downloaded a couple and she said there is no premixes available on purple platform
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-16, 07:41 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Argh.....that totally negates part of their value for me. How hard is it to have downloads for premixes available? (yes, Cathe I am also talking to you). If I have the hard drive space available why can't I download the short premixes that work for me on the road??!!

Old 07-14-16, 07:40 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Purple Player won't work on my laptop. I gave up on it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 09:37 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Purple Player won't work on my laptop. I gave up on it.
kelsey211 gave some good tips for using Purple Player platform (streaming and downloading) in this thread. I was able to download the workouts, so no more Purple Player required!

The lack of premixes is particularly frustrating if there is bonus material which is not included in the downloads. (Cathe does make sure that all material is included in the downloads, at least.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-16, 01:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
They do not contain premixes which is disappointing. I emailed Kelly asking about this after I downloaded a couple and she said there is no premixes available on purple platform
thank you for this info.

I have lots of kcm's and just love her premixes.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-16, 10:55 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I don't have a problem with downloading workouts and using purple player on my 3 Windows 10 laptops and android phone. I'm a bit bummed about no Kelly premixes but heaven knows I have plenty enough 15-30 minute workouts with the Kelly, Jessica, Trudy Styler and Michelle Dozios downloads I do have. And honestly I'm rarely without access to wi-fi which also give access to streaming and youtube workouts. I have a little dvd player but that's just one more piece of "stuff" to take on the road.

I still think all downloads should include premixes. If I have the hard drive space why can't I download them? I'll never do a Cathe workout on the road--her full workouts are much too long for the time I have available and too long for my attention span!

Tags
purple player