Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-16, 08:54 AM  
Libby

Going to a waterpark while pregnant

My daughter is very fit and exercises regularly. We are planning a trip to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas. It's a really fun waterpark. She wants to go with us but will be 5.5 months pregnant at the time with her first baby. I'm sure she will need to check with her doctor first but I'm just curious if any of you have gone to waterparks while pregnant. Just don't know if she should ride all the tube rides. I'm guessing not.
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 09:06 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

I'm sure she can go into the park :-) She would need to check with her doctor about what she can do though. I am 5 months pregnant as well. I went to a climbing facility with my students and didn't feel my balance was up for climbing anything, but I did supervise the littles in a playhouse area and had a good day. And we are planning a water park visit with my stepson and his cousins. I'm sure there will be some very tame splash features I can do with my niece if I want to get wet :-)
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I didn't go when I was pregnant but I'm pretty sure there are signs posted warning pregnant women not to go on certain rides. And of course her doctor can advise her also.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 09:09 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I went to the waterpark when pregnant---3 pregnancies. I went down a waterslide with one and was there a week before my daughter was born. I looked like a big bowling ball with my black swim suit.

I'm sure that your daughter will be fine. I wouldn't go on any extreme slides and would be cautious of heat and dehydration. Sure, it's always a good idea to ask her doctor.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 09:14 AM  
Taiga

I went when I was in the beginning of my 9th month. I pretty much did whatever I wanted and only shied away from activities that had potential for uncontrolled impact.

ETA- I was very fit prior to PG and exercised throughout so it wasn't taxing in any way.
Old 06-24-16, 10:16 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

You couldn't pay me to go to a water park. There is too much crap and other things in the water.

A woman just died from that brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, after going to a water park.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/health...ohio-teenager/

Make sure none of the water goes up your nose.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 10:45 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
You couldn't pay me to go to a water park. There is too much crap and other things in the water.

A woman just died from that brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri, after going to a water park.

May be time for the tinfoil hat......at some point you just can't manage every conceivable risk and still live.
Old 06-24-16, 11:29 AM  
Libby

We've gone to this waterpark for years. I know there are risks in everything in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 12:12 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
May be time for the tinfoil hat......at some point you just can't manage every conceivable risk and still live.
Maybe tinfoil nose plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We've gone to this waterpark for years. I know there are risks in everything in life.
I don't go in public pools anymore either.

Maybe I ought to change my name to "Paranoid VFer."

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 12:38 PM  
PhyllisG

[QUOTE=Vintage VFer;2645380]You couldn't pay me to go to a water park. There is too much crap and other things in the water.

I agree. No water park for me. It is not the rides. It is the crap/bacteria in the water that would keep me away.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote