Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-16, 05:42 PM  
cherimac

And I have still to get a single email and have been a subscriber since June 2014.
Old 05-16-16, 06:07 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Bar Method, with it's new lower price, is looking better and better! I knew b3 was going to upcharge. They were hyping it too much!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-16, 06:28 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Bar Method, with it's new lower price, is looking better and better! I knew b3 was going to upcharge. They were hyping it too much!
Seriously, $600 a year so I can but a shirt monthly? My husband bought me one and it's way overpriced for the quality.

I find The Bar Method to be a snooze fest. And too much SBF kills my hips. Pure Barre tucks way too much for my anatomy. Sigh. I love the barre3's unique fusion but will stick with DVDs.
Old 05-16-16, 06:43 PM  
momofcha

I've got a year gift card & a 6 month. I wonder how that will work when I go to activate it. I had been waiting & now see no reason to rush into it

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 01:23 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Seriously, $600 a year so I can but a shirt monthly? My husband bought me one and it's way overpriced for the quality.

I find The Bar Method to be a snooze fest. And too much SBF kills my hips. Pure Barre tucks way too much for my anatomy. Sigh. I love the barre3's unique fusion but will stick with DVDs.
I think that you receive the shirt as part of the subscription-- that's value!

This news is a bit disappointing. I just ordered the 6 month gift card via Living Social even though I still have months to go on my current subscription. It seems strange that there would have been a Living Social promotion if Barre3 is moving in a different direction. The new pricing scheme is not in line with what is offered. SBF is still $9.99/month and adds workouts more frequently than Barre3.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 05:52 AM  
Elle K

I am sad too... they went a bit too far beyond for me.
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 06:53 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I thought I read somewhere that if you are a current streaming member, your subscription will continue just like it is - and I thought I read that your monthly charge would not increase unless you upgraded.

I definitely read that they would continue adding a new workout monthly for basic subscribers.

I'm also sad about the amount of the price increase. They've added practically everything I've requested through the years - more new classes, weekly schedules, form videos, instructor access - and now I'm reluctant to upgrade because of $$.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

I'm confused as I have a gift card for a year's membership that I haven't activated yet - I wonder what that will mean for my subscription? I guess I will by default get the "basic"?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 12:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I'm confused as I have a gift card for a year's membership that I haven't activated yet - I wonder what that will mean for my subscription? I guess I will by default get the "basic"?

Donna
Yep, I think that's what it means. They've told me that if you want to upgrade, they will give you credit for what you've already paid.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 12:56 PM  
antbuko

I don't recall receiving the email either, but it's possible I deleted it from my spam folder. I have a year membership and I disapprove of having to upgrade. I should be grandfathered in until my current subscription expires.

Oh, and I wish they'd come up with unique titles for the workouts. Everything seems to be Studio This, That or the Other Thing.

ETA: I'm just checking out the different subscription options. I think for another $10 a month, I might want to at least try the Plus membership level if I was doing Barre3 more consistently. But I still think they should have grandfathered yearly subscribers into the new plan.

Tags
barre3