Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-16, 03:34 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
I'm curious to hear how others have used these and what kind of "results" you got from them. I imagine they might be great for increasing endurance and burning fat.

Thanks in advance!
A few years ago, I hit a plateau using barre workouts (I had lost 20 pounds and was holding steady there). I started using Jari Love 2-3x a week (no other strength workouts) and did not lose any more weight (wasn't watching food intake) but I *did* gain definition and felt like my thighs/butt slimmed and my chest...ahem...perked up a bit. Seriously. I remember being very pleased with the results!

(Of course, this was several years ago and I have since strayed and...expanded. )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 03:50 PM  
marki64

I really like Jari, as I am more of a lower weight/high rep girl. She can be overkill, but she chapters well and when it feels like too many reps, you can skip to the next exercise. I do it often with her. Ripped To The Core is a good one to start with.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 06:35 PM  
kariev34

Has anyone tried her OnDemand option? I've been eyeing that big time. I wonder how often she uploads new content
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-16, 06:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I really like Jari, as I am more of a lower weight/high rep girl. She can be overkill, but she chapters well and when it feels like too many reps, you can skip to the next exercise.
Yes! This makes Jari so accessible to beginners (or perpetual beginners, like myself). Do as much as you can, then hit "next" and move on to the next move!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-16, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I really like Jari, as I am more of a lower weight/high rep girl. She can be overkill, but she chapters well and when it feels like too many reps, you can skip to the next exercise. I do it often with her. Ripped To The Core is a good one to start with.
Why didn't I think of this? I also am a lower weight/high rep girl but never could get into Jari for too long because her reps were endless!! Just reach my limit and hit next. Genius. (I guess I was always hesitant to do this because knowing me I would probably stop way too soon for it to be effective . Sometimes I shouldn't be left to my own devices. lol.)
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-16, 08:43 PM  
CatInTheHat

I have a couple Jari's I think that I would be more than willing to part with - though I love her!

I have Get Ripped, but seem to do Slim and Lean and Get Ripped and Chiseled the most.

I have Ripped to the Core but for some reason I hate that one. And I have it here! And I'll never do it again. May have another as well. If you want to message me, I can confirm and if you want them they're yours for the price of postage. Or, on the off chance you live in lower Fairfield County, I'll be up there visiting the parents and drinking heavily while my 1 and 3 year old burn down most of the county. I expect after this trip there I won't be allowed back to CT so let me know!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-16, 01:51 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I have Get Ripped is the best intro to Jari, and I'm looking forward to trying Weights & Abs (just got the Body Rock DVD) for an even shorter workout. If I have the time, I really enjoy Get Ripped and Chiseled but I also have to be mentally ready for it -- definitely more doable as a split routine too and it's nicely chaptered on DVD. Slim and Lean is comparable to Get Ripped and Chiseled in length and intensity but it seems just that much more painful on the reps front that I dread it enough to not really do it I do like adding in the Slim and Lean chapter of one-legged squats & plies to my split routine of Get Ripped and Chiseled though. I am not into compound moves because I have to watch my form carefully on squats and lunges so can't comment on her titles that focus on compound moves. Have fun with Jari!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-16, 04:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I *love* Weights & Abs; just did it today in fact. It's so much shorter than her other workouts and dread-free - no lunges for one thing! I lift as heavy as I can and modify the routine by turning the 2nd long set of chest presses into flyes, and the 2nd set of biceps into triceps. Works for me. I also love her original Get Ripped when I have more time.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-16, 11:16 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatInTheHat View Post

I have Ripped to the Core but for some reason I hate that one. And I have it here! And I'll never do it again. May have another as well. If you want to message me, I can confirm and if you want them they're yours for the price of postage. Or, on the off chance you live in lower Fairfield County, I'll be up there visiting the parents and drinking heavily while my 1 and 3 year old burn down most of the county. I expect after this trip there I won't be allowed back to CT so let me know!
I have nothing to add other than the last part of this paragraph left me LMAO...
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-16, 01:40 PM  
toomuchjoy

Quote:
I have nothing to add other than the last part of this paragraph left me LMAO...
There was nothing on the local CT news so I think Cat in the Hat got away!
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love success