Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-13, 03:03 PM  
imhere2dance

There are 3 people that I can't listen to: Stephanie Huckabee, Meghan White, and Lizbeth Garcia. I stay far away from them.

Kathy Smith sounds really pleasant (when she's calm). I also like listening to Tamilee Webb, Moira Merrithew, Wai Lana, and Jules Benson. I think they have soothing voices.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 03:11 PM  
TinaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I'm sensitive to voices too.
I like these instructors voices mainly their tone and presentation. Susan Harris, Cathe, Tracie Long, Debbie Siebers, Amy Bento-Ross, Gay Gasper, Tony Horton, greg sims, Keli Roberts(love her accent), Sharon Money Twombly, Seasun, Mindy Mylrea, Kelly Coffey and Joyce Vedral(I like east coast accents!)

Voices that I didn't care for..they're great instructors though!: Sara Ivanhoe, Tracey Staehle(although I heard she did work with a voice coach to change her voice. She lowered her voice for her more recent dvds). Allie Del Rio, Leslie Sansone, Christi Taylor, Stephanie Huckabee(sounds like she has to clear her throat all the time), Emily Welsh, Jen Carman, Kelsie Daniels, Christa Riley, Janis Saffell, Jay Blahnik(raspy), Greg Cooke(raspy), Patrick goudeau(raspy), chalene Johnson, Andre houle
+1 on Chalene...that may be a reason why I haven't gotten into Turbo Fire!

"Don't be Defeated!" ~~ Cathe
"I know it's hard. But, do it. Please. ~~ Sylwia
"Nothing comes easy. It's always a fight. ~~ Cathe
TinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 03:23 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I find most instructors' voices pleasant or at least not objectionable. The only one who grates on my nerves is Jeanette Jenkins. She has an unattractive timbre - there's a funny throaty/graininess that drives me insane, especially when SHE YELLS, AS SHE DOES A LOT OF THE TIME.
I don't mind Jeanette Jenkins' voice in her faster-paced workouts, but this weekend I tried the Stretch workout of her Core & Stretch DVD: Awful!! The workout itself was decent, and I LOVED the soft, flutely music, but I really wished there was an option to tune out the instructor -- her voice just grated on me.
Old 05-06-13, 03:30 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaS View Post
+1 on Chalene...that may be a reason why I haven't gotten into Turbo Fire!
Chalene has many fans and motivates so many people - but she just annoys me so much I can't enjoy her material.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 03:58 PM  
Cybersparkle

Voices really dont matter much- however some do stand out. I like Ellen's sing songy, girly voice. I love Rodney Yee's yoga voice. KCM and Jillian are gruff but comforting & down to earth. And tho it doesnt stop me from doing her work outs - I wish Tracey Mallet would do non verbal cueing like Tracey Anderson - her voice just irritates me to no end, she is the only one that bothers me. I do agree it matters more with yoga.
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 04:08 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Rach from Les Mills is one of my favorites. And absolutely Michael Olajide!!!

My least favorite are a lot of the Pink Firm/Firm Express instructors. I am from NC, so a lot of them just remind me too much of the girls that I didn't like in high school, haha!!
Old 05-06-13, 05:35 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia View Post
Ooh - I have to add one, and can't believe I forgot:

Sean O'Malley, from Cardio Coach. Best voice ever.
So right. I'll amend my previous post - I find most instructors' voices pleasant or not annoying, except Jeanette Jenkins, but I love Coach Sean's voice.
Old 05-06-13, 06:11 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

It's funny you say Eric Schiffman because to this day whenever I'm in tree pose its his voice that enters my head saying "trees sway" and I love it,lol. There are 3 instructirs in the Fusion Fitness DVDs that are really hard for me to listen to and it is the first time an instructors voice, let alone 3 out of a 5 DVD series that has ever really grated on me.
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 06:18 PM  
suegy3

Best Voices - Michael Olajide (boxing guy)
Sean O'Malley
Erich Schiffman
Shiva Rea
Micheline Berry (yoga instructor- trained with Shiva)

Not my favorites - Sylwia (Tonique)
Sarah Ivanhoe
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 06:34 PM  
mandie123

Denise austins voice I can only handle in small amounts.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fingernails on chalkboard, flowery talk, voice of instructor, voices, woo woo, yippy chihuahua