Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-11, 01:47 PM  
steakhousegirl

Thumbs up Yoga Rotation--Wow!

So those who know me here know I have been committed to intense cardio and/or strength rotations. A month ago I finished S90 with really no visible changes etc.

So for the last month I have done nothing but Yoga with a few Core Fusions thrown in. No strength work, 1% cardio with CF Cardio.

I feel stronger, more flexible and I am in a good state of mind every day. I am sleeping great as well. Other than the Yoga swap I have made NO changes to anything else in my life.

And my clothes feel a bit looser as well. I don't weigh myself so I can't comment about that. Anyway, just thought I'd report!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 01:49 PM  
steakhousegirl

And I'm doing Yoga dvds I own and audio downloads that are FREE!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
Old 08-03-11, 01:58 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

Thanks for posting! I've been trying to add daily yoga into my life and you've inspired me to keep at it. What's your favourite yoga DVD?
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:13 PM  
suegy3

That's great, congrats! Are you doing the Core Fusion Energy Flow Yoga? If so, what are your likes and dislikes?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:23 PM  
CarlaVeg

I am planning on doing mostly yoga as well....

what dvds and downloads do you do?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:26 PM  
steakhousegirl

Thanks for responding ladies!

My favorite Yoga dvd is Altar of the Heart..Tilak Pyle. Just because it is so different and so well crafted. I also him. I also have downloaded all of his audio classes.

Yes, I am doing Core Energy Flow. I love those as well. It could be that I am biased because I have taken 2 Tilak live classes and countless CF live classes.

My favorite FREE downloads are the Yoga Journal and Yogadownloads. They are about 25 min. so I do 2. I will do a Vinyasa Flow and then the second one will be a focused one i.e. hips, shoulders etc. There are about 100 choices between Yogadownload and Yoga Journal.

I have downloaded some random ones they I haven't loved but hey, they're free so no problem. If you go to the iTunes store you can search under "Free Yoga" and all kinds of things come up. I usually just download and try them out but you can "pre-listen" so it's all good.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
Old 08-03-11, 02:45 PM  
suegy3

Thanks for the reply. How is the instruction in the Core Fusion workout?
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 02:48 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, that's really wonderful!
And I love the part about good moods and sleeping well. Those may be the very best "results" of all; they're priceless!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 03:20 PM  
Fidget Queen

Two summers ago, as I was trying to get rid of anxiety and acne, I started a regimen of a 20 minute breathing/meditation practice and one ravi/ana DVD per day. I kept it up for over two months, and it was AMAZING. I also walked every day, as I did not have a car. When I would go to a hatha yoga class (1 per week or less), my SO always said I looked awesome.

My skin improved (which, unfortunately, revealed the scarring that caused me to have a complete mental breakdown, undoing all of the great things the yoga did ), my flexibility increased, my strength increased, my anxiety was lessoned, my focus was good, my breathing was soooo deep, and my sleep improved. I wasn't doing anything else during that time.

Unfortunately, medication has caused sinus irritation, so I can't do kundalini yoga and enjoy it (or breathing practices, which I think are phenomenal tools). However, I believe in yoga more than anything. I love other forms of exercise, but if I had to pick one thing to do forever, it would be yoga.

I guess, 5 years ago now, I spent an entire semester taking a yoga class. I did only that class (2 or 3 times per week), some sporadic cardio and some of Tracie Long's stuff. Honestly, I was in GREAT shape. I was getting compliments all of the time, and I remember very clearly, as somebody who has suffered digestive trouble her whole life, that my digestion was great during that time. Why don't I do more yoga????
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 03:21 PM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl View Post
Thanks for responding ladies!

My favorite Yoga dvd is Altar of the Heart..Tilak Pyle. Just because it is so different and so well crafted. I also him. I also have downloaded all of his audio classes.

Yes, I am doing Core Energy Flow. I love those as well. It could be that I am biased because I have taken 2 Tilak live classes and countless CF live classes.

My favorite FREE downloads are the Yoga Journal and Yogadownloads. They are about 25 min. so I do 2. I will do a Vinyasa Flow and then the second one will be a focused one i.e. hips, shoulders etc. There are about 100 choices between Yogadownload and Yoga Journal.

I have downloaded some random ones they I haven't loved but hey, they're free so no problem. If you go to the iTunes store you can search under "Free Yoga" and all kinds of things come up. I usually just download and try them out but you can "pre-listen" so it's all good.
Thanks for the information!
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yoga, yoga benefits, yoga downloads, yoga results, yoga rotation