Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-21-20, 09:03 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, is your ankle doing better? Hope it was just a minor setback.

Vannie, yay! Can't beat a happy dog greeting!

Waves to Scarlett and MT.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 02:12 PM  
Vantreesta

April thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228160
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 02:14 PM  
Leonana

Katie, yes my ankle is doing better. Thanks for asking. A few days of lighter exercise did the trick. I think it was the step workout I did that aggravated it. It was part of Jessica Smith's Spring Challenge. I had to stop the challenge, and pick different workouts.

I found out Costco has special hours for 60 and older on Tuesdays and Thursdays. First time I'm glad I turned 60 last December, lol.
Old 03-22-20, 02:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Some of the stores here are having senior shopping hours too, Sherry. Glad your ankle is feeling better.

Last week we got some groceries while we were up north bc we kept hearing the stories about empty shelves. I was gone in Feb so hubby pretty much ate garbage and didn't buy anything. Our house was almost void of food! We went first thing this morning and were able to get almost all the groceries on our list, mostly where we usually y shop, but we did get a few things at a different store. No Bisquick at either place so I'll look at Walmart tmrw. I have to get dog food still too. I'm feeling less panicked now.

I'll start getting back on track tmrw. There are some things I want to get set up in the house in case either of us starts to show symptoms and needs to isolate. I have a bunch of laundry to do and haven't even unpacked from being gone in Feb! I only went for one walk while we were up north so I think I will get back to walks for a week before I start running again. It will be weird to have hubby working from home every day.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-25-20, 02:57 PM  
Vantreesta

MN just declared shelter in place March 27 through April 10. I'm glad our pantry is fully stocked, Cyric has food and I have vet and oil change appts set for tmrw.

Old 03-26-20, 11:40 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, glad your ankle is doing better.

I think the special shopping hours for Seniors are very thoughtful and am grateful for them. My DM is in her early 90's and still does her own shopping most of the time. DS lives nearby to help too. Some of DM's neighbors have left notes on her door offering help with shopping or anything else which again, is so thoughtful. With my DS so close, DM may not need that help but just goes to show how people are trying to support others in these chaotic times.

Vannie, glad your stocked up with supplies and hope the "shelter in place" will minimize the spread.

I've been getting daily walks in thankfully and am finally getting back into the habit of wearing my pedometer. We get snow flurries almost daily but at least it the snow doesn't stay.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-20, 12:22 PM  
Leonana

Our state is social isolation only, and that's only counties that have confirmed cases. I doubt our governor would ever do a shelter in place, maybe if the outbreak became really bad here. Moving companies are considered essential, but I'm pretty sure dh's work will slow down a lot, not many people are moving right now.

Vannie, I'm glad you are set with a stocked pantry. Pet food is so important, I stocked up on cat food. I feed some ferals, plus one of my cats has UTI issues, so I have to buy him special food.

Katie, the special hours are nice, but I wasn't able to take advantage of Costco on Tuesday. The line was so long, it wrapped around the entire building, and it's a big building! I decided to wait until next week, and I'll probably have to go an hour early to stand in line before it opens. We still have everything we need at the moment, so I doubt I'll do that. I just thought I'd get some extra tp, since it seems to be spun with gold, lol.
Old 03-26-20, 05:45 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonana View Post
i just thought i'd get some extra tp, since it seems to be spun with gold, lol.

lol!
Old 03-27-20, 12:06 PM  
Vantreesta

Tue Cyric and I went for a 4.63 mi walk and then I did day 1 of the DoYouYoga Strong & Calm Together challenge on YouTube. Today we walked 4.26 mi. I've had to run to stores every day but Tue and have been so sleepy in the afternoons that I haven't gotten in any other workouts or done much housework. Next week will be better as I won't be going anywhere and will have settled back into being at home and more used to hubby working from home. I have been doing seated meditation every day.

Old 03-27-20, 01:11 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
lol!
You just have to laugh sometimes!