Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-19-20, 07:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I went back to Lucy - I'm enjoying these for a change of pace and also b/c they are quick, efficient and fairly mindless. I'm just feeling very distracted with all that is going on in the world as well as being out of my routine, etc.

So...today was:

Lucy - Cardio Workout - Full Body Workout in 10 minutes
Lucy - 7 Day Challenge 7 Min workout to boost your metabolism
Blessful Body - Spring Renewal Challenge Day 3 - Core

Lucy's workouts are circuits with body weight exercises. It remind me, in a way, of Slim in 6/Slim Series. You do a basic exercise for a set amount of time - her intervals vary. On the first workout it was 20 sec marching in place or jogging in place alternated with 30 sec of an exercise, in the second video it was 7 moves done for 7 minutes. These are cardio/tone type moves. I really was surprised that 17 minutes got me sweating. So....definitely good for those days/times when you don't want to spend a lot of time exercising and want something fairly simple to do. These would also be great travel workouts as they don't take up a lot of space and require no equipment.

Ky/Blessful Body's workout was a nice one - she is a really pleasant instructor and mixes some yoga type moves in to her Pilates.

I'm tempted by Emma's (ePilates) special, but I have two Pilates subscriptions right now so I hesitate to add another. Jessica Valent, I'm going to let end in April when my 3 months runs out. I had subscribed to Trifecta for a year and although I like Beth and the workouts, I really don't enjoy doing them regularly. At least not right now. It may change....I wouldn't mind signing up for Blessful Body again, but how many Pilates subscriptions do I need, LOL!

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day. I am scheduled to go in to the office tomorrow for my one day in this week. I do have to make a drugstore run for my DH and my DD is anxious to get out of the house. We have been walking every evening, so that has been good.

Hope everyone has a good and healthy and safe day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 08:22 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went out for a walk yesterday, but a lot of other people had the same idea. It was difficult to keep a social distance, so I gave up and went home. I'll have to find somewhere else to walk that isn't so crowded! Since everyone is home these days, the sidewalks are a lot busier than I'm used to. It's raining here now but is supposed to clear up later.

One surprising silver lining in all of this madness is I've somehow lost 5 pounds! I guess it's because I'm eating less since I'm trying to conserve the food I have so I won't be forced to have to shop somewhere. LOL. I found some toilet paper on Amazon this morning so I ordered it. We'll see if it actually arrives.

Donna, I'm still doing light Jessica and HASfit workouts and that seems to work for me, but I'm going to do a Lucy workout today to mix things up a bit. I'm surprised your office is still open, even for one day. Mine closed on Wednesday and we are all working from home, but I've actually been home since last Thursday. I had to go out a couple of days ago to meet with a co-worker, but we kept our social distance. I have not been to any stores since last Wednesday when I went to Walmart.

Sherry, That's good news about USAA. I've heard they're a good company. I'm not a veteran, but I have a friends who are.

Stay well!
Old 03-19-20, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

wishiwasinhawaii - I truly don't know why we are still open. I work for the health department of a local gov't. I can see that the gov't needs to remain open - but in my mind, only essential personal who provide front/line direct services should be in the office - so yea, the fire dept, the police dept, the healthcare workers/clinics but I do admin/support stuff (contracts/purchasing) that could be done remotely. If I hear of any employee w/ the virus I'm not going in....

Donna
Old 03-19-20, 10:57 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, If you have a job you can do from home, I don't see the logic in making you go in, especially when you work from home on a regular basis anyway. Is everyone going in tomorrow or do people go in on different days?

I had lunch and walked around inside my house. Now I'll do a Lucy workout and then get back to my work day. I really want to walk outside but it's only 48 degrees and damp. Yuck. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s!
Old 03-19-20, 01:24 PM  
Leonana

I'm going to do yoga today, something with a bit of cardio. My foot, with the mild sprain, was bothering me last night, so I don't want to do walking. I took some ibuprofen, and that has helped a lot, probably relieved the inflammation. I'm guessing the step workout aggravated it. I always do too much too soon, lol.

In other news, I bought a bidet that attaches to the toilet seat, from Amazon. It seems to be sold out now, no surprise. Anyway, I am loving it! I've always wanted one, and decided now was the time.

wishiwasinhawaii, USAA is great! They replaced our whole shingle roof, right after we switched to their home insurance. I was honest, and said the storm damage was before I signed up with them, but they authorized it anyway. Our previous insurance said the storm damage wasn't enough to replace roof. We wouldn't have been able to afford it at the time, so that was a real benefit for us. We also have our car insurance with them, life insurance, and recently refinanced our home loan with them. We are planning on buying a car soon, but put that on hold with all of the uncertainity going on right now.

Donna, it sounds like a good schedule for you. Can you ever have too many pilates subscriptions, lol. I'm going to try a new sunscreen. Dr Dray was raving about the sheer zinc sunscreen, both the Walgreens brand and the CVS brand. My local Walgreens didn't have it, but I want to try it. I'm going to be out of my Hado Labo soon, so wondering if it would work better.
Old 03-19-20, 06:05 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was a quiet day compared to the past few. I might do another workout later tonight just because I'm bored!

I was watching a documentary on Netflix called Pandemic. I highly recommend it. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but it's very educational.

Sherry, I've been thinking about getting a bidet, even before the coronavirus. A friend of mine has one and was telling me they are affordable now and I've used them when I've been to Europe and Japan (the ones in Japan are amazing). Was it difficult to install? I wish I could join USAA!
Old 03-19-20, 10:59 PM  
Leonana

I did the Gentle Yoga Stretch dvd, Flexibility and Relaxation. I don't think I've done this one, and it really stretched me out nicely. It was also on the easy side. I was so relaxed afterwards.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm really loving the bidet! I've never used one before. I feel so clean, lol. This is the one I got. It might be out of stock, but they have others on Amazon. It was $39.99, but $12.99 shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It attaches to your toilet. Dh set it up for me, but I think it was pretty easy. It has a dial for different water pressure levels. You have to be careful, the highest one is pretty strong.

I feel fortunate to have USAA. I opened an account for dd, so she will always have access to them.
Old 03-20-20, 06:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in b/c ironically, even though i work for the health department and am not a healthcare worker, I have to go in to the office today. Our team has 2 people in the office every day - and today is my day - we're each only going in once a week. From what I understand there aren't many people there so hopefully it is safe to go there....we shall see.

So - this morning I did:

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Hip Openers, Twists and Forward Bends.

I really enjoyed the practice! Last night DD and I went for our nightly walk.

The schools have said if this goes past the two weeks they had initially planned for that they would start distance learning on week 3. I have a feeling that will happen!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-20-20, 01:59 PM  
Leonana

Today was Total Body Timesaver from the Metabolism dvd. I plan on doing another short strength workout this evening.

I found some chicken today! Yay! Thank goodness Trader Joe's is limiting people to two of each item. I've been there three days in a row, all at different times, trying to find things I'm out of. We are now fully stocked, and I can stay home! Hard to self quarantine when you have to go out so often just to purchase basics.

Tomorrow I'm going to prep a wall in the dining room that needs to be repainted, along with the baseboards. I'm planning on painting on Saturday. That should be a good distraction, and a good workout.

Donna, I'm sure that would be a relief for you, if they go to distance learning. I'm sure that would keep your dd busy. I think it's amazing how the internet has impacted our social isolation. I really want to try the new Walgreens Sheer Zinc sunscreen that Dr Dray recommended. I might place an online order.

I hope everyone has a good day, at least as good as possible right now.
Old 03-21-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Marching with Cardio Bursts
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Core and Flexibility section (part of it - anyway - DH had gone to the store this morning and I had to quit early to help him put away the groceries)

I'm half expecting Maryland to join in with the shelter in place orders. I hope it doesn't hit until Tuesday, the closing on my Mom's condo is Monday. I hope that can go through as planned!

Sherry - I'm glad you were able to get some things you needed. I picked up my mom's prescriptions yesterday as well as some basics for her - I'm going to bring her everything tomorrow just in case we go into shelter in place. I have a grocery order delivery scheduled for her - but they can't get there until March 30th.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong