Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-11-20, 06:43 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Pgun - I also started collecting in my 20's and i'm 52, as well! I will be 53 in November - weird to think of that!! This week has been VERY hard for me to get up and get motivated - I realized this morning - it was probably the time change that did me in. I have been forcing myself, but not happy about it.

Sherry - sorry about your ankle! You have really been doing a lot around the house. I will have to watch that You Tube channel, I think some of this media hype is pushing people over the edge. Especially since there is really not much you can do about it - short of quarantining yourself and your entire family.

wishiwasinhawaii - how are you?

If panic continues over the virus, I'm thinking by April we will be working from home and schools will be closed.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 05:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The time change is really affecting me - I just can't get myself up out of bed. So, today's morning workout was short:

CS 1202

I plan to do Gilad's 30th Anniversary Workout # 2 this evening - it is only 20 minutes so I can convince myself to do it after work.

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna
Old 03-12-20, 07:41 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, but I've just been very busy since I went back to work on Monday. I've been getting home late and haven't had time to do any workouts, but I plan to get back at it today since I'm working from home.

Donna, I agree about everyone working from home and schools closing soon. My nephew's college is closed. They're on spring break next week and the college told them not to come back after and all classes will be online. My younger nephew was supposed to visit a college next week, but that has been cancelled since that college is also closed. There haven't been any announcements about closing where I work, but they are holding a seminar next week on how to work from home (for those that don't normally do that) and we all think once that happens, they will shut the office down. We'll see.

Sherry, I hope your ankle is ok. I need to do a lot of work in my house. I guess if we all get quarantined, I'll have plenty of time for that!

pgun3, I am 53 and got into home fitness about 10 years ago. I don't have a lot of DVDs (21) compared to most VFers, but I use most of the ones I have. I also do a lot of youtube workouts.

Stay well!
Old 03-12-20, 11:19 PM  
Leonana

Pgun, I have a few dvd's I'll probably never do again, but can't part with!

No workout today. We came home this morning. I've been unpacking, cleaning, and went out this evening to try and pick up some staples. I was at Walmart this afternoon, and it was very crowded. This evening I went to Petsmart and Walgreens, they weren't as crowded, although I paid more. This run on groceries is starting to freak me out. I made sure to get extra cat food this evening.

Stay safe everyone. From what I'm reading, social containment is the best way to prevent the spread. Hopefully, this will pass soon, especially all of the hoarding. At least nowadays, so much can be done online.
Old 03-13-20, 09:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Things are crazy here - schools are closed starting Monday and will remain closed at least through March 27th. I think we will be teleworking during that time, too - although no official word was given about that yet.

Churches here are also closing - since one outbreak was traced back to a church.

Anyway - I'm not a terrible alarmist but I am going to attempt to limit my outings except for essentials. I guess better safe than sorry. From what I understand from reading about it - is that the concern is not so much the virus but the ability of the healthcare system to handle a mass outbreak. I did read that 80% of the cases are mild and will resolve without treatment/intervention.

Soo...that is where we are here!

On the workout front - I did Ellen's Super Fast Body Blast this morning - I needed some estrogen after Gilad's testosterone! LOL! I did do Gilad's 30th anniversary workout # 2 last night!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 03-13-20, 11:34 AM  
Leonana

On the schedule today is You Tube's Stepping Strength. My foot is better, thankfully, I think it should be okay.

I got a job with the US Census! It doesn't start until May 6. I'm not sure if that's due to the outbreak, or if that's the original schedule. It's for eight weeks, but the pay is much higher than minimum wage. I'm looking forward to it. I hope things are calmer by then.

Donna, our local school district is closed until further notice. I agree about hospitals, from what I've read, we will see the first effects in Seattle. Thankfully, the CDC finally gave emergency approval for testing by a Swiss company that will give results in hours. I think most of us will be okay, but I have elderly relatives I'm worried about.

My biggest concern is finding groceries, I wish people would stop hoarding. Hopefully, that will taper off soon. I bought extra cat food last night. No toilet paper anywhere, except Trader Joe's, although I'll bet it's gone today. On the skincare front, I stocked up on facial cleanser. What a time to have used up my backups, lol. I'm also a bit worried about dh's contracting work for moving companies, if that will slow down. Although, interest rates have gone up, which means more home purchases, and thus more moves. Time will tell I guess. I'm grateful for my temp job.
Old 03-13-20, 04:05 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Things are crazy here too. Schools are closed for two weeks in most areas. I went to pick up my nephew from college yesterday and it was a surreal scene with kids packing up and leaving in droves. My nephew is concerned that the local businesses who rely on college kids are going to be out of business by the time this whole thing is over. It's a very real concern.

I went to Target this morning and the lines were long and the police were there to keep order, so I didn't even bother going inside. A lady in the parking lot told me people were fighting over toilet paper at another store she went to. Crazy! I'm prepared and have enough food, but I was just looking for meat for a recipe I want to make, but I can certainly make something else.

Donna, I have decided that I'm going to stay home for the next two weeks and not go out anywhere, other than to possibly take a walk if the weather is nice. My job has still not made an announcement about closing, but I'm just going to tell my boss on Monday that I'm working from home and that's that. I guess I'll have plenty of time for exercise and decluttering. I heard the same thing about the strain on the healthcare system. Everyone just needs to stay home and maybe this thing will slow down.

Sherry, Congrats on the job! What will you be doing?
Old 03-13-20, 06:24 PM  
pgun3

I did not work out again today...I wonder if it's the darn time change.

I am just going to live my life. The Covid 19 is just way too much hype and some are falling for it. I have yet to go to the store so I hope I don't starve to death since I have not hoarded anything LOL. It's probably a good thing I have a little cushion. I am still planning on going some where but probably not Costco this weekend I am hearing that they are having brawls going on in the store because people are freaking out.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 11:58 AM  
Leonana

Today is a cardio workout. I will do one of the step workouts on the spring schedule.

I guess I will have lots of time for workouts. My Tai Chi class is canceled, my city canceled all Parks & Rec classes. And my volunteer work for the hospice work is postponed for a couple of weeks. The hospice homes are shut down, so the aids can't visit. They will do the office filing to get their hours in. Maybe I will catch up on my reading and Netflix shows. My daughter starts work at Starbucks on Monday. They have a drive through, so I assume they would stay open. I'm kind of glad she isn't in college this year.

I did go to Target this morning. I got there 20 minutes before it opened. They had us form a line, and we were limited to one package of tp. We don't really need any, but I bought a 12 pack for dd's bathroom. I stocked up on groceries. Canned beans and dry beans were gone, along with pasta. However, I found a couple of cans of chile beans in the chile aisle. I guess no one thought to look there, lol.

I needed a toaster, because believe it or not, one of my cats peed on our toaster. I think he was mad I went out of town. I have no idea how he perched on top of it, it's too high for him to reach, and there's no ledge. We need a hidden camera, lol.

Pgun, please stay safe. Even if it's over hyped, better safe than sorry. I don't think stores will be closed though, Italy still has stores and pharmacies open. They just have rules in place and lines.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad you can work from home, that's definitely a plus. I will be going door to door, asking and/or helping people who haven't filled out their questionnaire. At least, that's what I think I'll be doing. I was finger printed yesterday at Office Max, and now I wait for my background check. Then I start training. On the plus side, I snagged a large bottle of Dawn dish soap. We are out and I forgot it on my Walmart run, and dish soap is hard to get too. I've never spent so much on groceries in my life, lol. Office Max has some supplies for offices, but no tp of course.
Old 03-14-20, 01:36 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Today is a cardio workout. I will do one of the step workouts on the spring schedule.

Pgun, please stay safe. Even if it's over hyped, better safe than sorry. I don't think stores will be closed though, Italy still has stores and pharmacies open. They just have rules in place and lines.
I will stay safe! You stay safe also. I do take precautions like more hand sanitizer, wash my hands more. But I still go out to eat way too much.
I do worry about my dad though as he hasn't had a very good year last year.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith get strong