Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-23-20, 10:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~Youtube standing & floor yoga practices with my Essentrics buddy who is also a fitness coach. I’m doing an 8 week back to basics online series with her.
~restorative Hatha class

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Meh, nothing to report. Sadhana Day 30 - my own meditation to try to convince myself to do a workout after coming home from the office. It didn't work, I fell asleep.

I still haven't taken the Husafell Stone out of the box, but I stopped at the library to pick up an air fryer cookbook and got some good ideas. A friend alerted me that Skinnytaste has a whole library of air fryer recipes, and they look good!

TGIF, happy Friday everyone
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 09:23 AM  
Twigs

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday was:
- 90 minute walk along the lakeshore, around London Bridge.
- Lee Holden January 20 class
- PA Articulate the Feet and Hands

I’ve been trying some vegetables that we don’t get in the UK; yucca root, daikon radish and jicama. We both really loved the jicama and had some raw in our salad yesterday. I read online that you can bake it in the oven, so will try that tonight. Looking forward to hearing how you like your new air fryer Pat.

Pat - I wish you could have come with me to the Rocks show too. Funnily enough, considering it was promoted as a Rocks Show, it was the quietest part of the Show! I’ve been collecting since 2004. Yikes! Where did all those years go? You could say I have a bit of a passion for gems and crystals! I picked up a red jasper pendulum in the Rocks shop here in town and it was positively buzzing, so of course, I had to buy it.

Pam - It’s always nice to do a program with someone else. How are you liking the practices so far?

I’m looking for a good recipe book on the Instant Pot. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations please?

We’re planning a long hike today at Sara Park again. I know I’ll need to do some serious stretching tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day. Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-20, 10:30 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, do you still have a yoga wheel? You may like this practice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAjEW8XQlc

I did 35 minutes of Dance and Be Fit Brazil, which I bought and never tried. It was just okay. I wrote about it in the Vintage Dustbunny check in. I doubt I'll do it again. I'm going to try the dance dvds I bought and did not use or barely used and decide what to keep. It's hard to pry myself away from the Soul Sweat classes I love, but I want to use the dvds I have and clear out anything I won't use again.

I'll check back again later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 01:43 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~neighborhood walk
~My own yin stretch....half forward bend, side stretch over a bolster, deer pose, fire log, half frog & sphinx, intense shoulder stretch, twisted roots, half happy baby, legs up the wall

I won a hot stone massage & reflexology session in a Facebook contest by a local practitioner I’ve been to several times. I had the treatment today & it was fabulous.

Thanks for the link Sherry, I’ll check it out!

Margot - The program is about all aspects of getting back to basics....physical, emotional, food, journaling, etc. It’s interesting!

Pat - I’ll be interested in hearing how you like your air fryer.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-25-20, 11:09 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

This morning I did (finally had energy again for full cardio!)

-Soul Sweat NIA with Carolyne "Articulating the Feet." 60 minutes. You have to love a class that starts with "Come Together." She uses lovely music from a movie soundtrack for the ending stretch. I need to go back and find out the name of the artist

-Sarah Beth yoga morning stretch

A friend of my DH's from high school is moving, and they no longer want their piano. They are gifting it to us! We hired a moving company to move it to our home today. Of course we are supposed to get torrential rain They said they can move through anything but a blizzard, so I hope things go okay.

When I told my sister, she said "oh, that will be a nice place to put framed photos." I said I wish, but our cats will likely jump up on it...sigh...we will see. Anything new that comes in the house they have to explore. I took lessons when I was growing up, but I do not remember much. I don't want to take lessons, but I will see what instruction I can use from books and online.

Pat, I am interested in your opinion of the air fryer. I keep saying I don't need one. I don't have space unless it's one that is an Instant Pot lid type. It seems like a lot of people use it for processed frozen junk that we really don't eat, but I know you eat healthier, so I'm curious how you use it.

Also, Skinnytaste published a cookbook of air fryer recipes

Margot, I have a few Instant Pot books I would recommend. I will find the links and post them. I mainly use recipes from online.

Have a great day! We are staying in today because the weather is supposed to be awful. I already made steel cut oats this morning, have apples cooking in the crockpot and made a crustless spinach quiche for dinner. I may make muffins later......it's a cooking/baking kind of day. I made Skinnytaste zucchini soup yesterday.

Sherry

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Pres...9968662&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Healthy...9968706&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Freezer-Cooke...9968737&sr=8-1

The authors of all three books have blogs, so you can see some of their recipes here:

https://thrivinghomeblog.com/

https://detoxinista.com/category/instant-pot/

https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/

Old 01-25-20, 01:21 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

I mainly did N.O. dumps (2-3 sessions per day), breath work and meditation and several YT videos (Jessica, LWR) this week. I took yesterday as a rest day. Not sure what's up for today - still thawing out from my trip to the farmer's market this AM. It wasn't horribly cold for January, but the wind didn't help, nor did my thin jeans with only my LL Bean silk pointelle pants underneath! They don't make denim like they used to!!

Margot - I looked up red jasper and did some reading - sounds like it would be a great pendulum stone. How do you plan to cook the jicama in the oven? I've seen recipes for oven fries and chips - I mainly eat it raw. I just found this link - she has multiple links to a wide variety of jicama recipes: https://www.everydaymaven.com/15-jicama-recipes/ . How are you using the Daikon? One of my farmers has had amazing Daikon this winter, but I've passed on it so far, as I really need to study up on how to use it so it doesn't go to waste. I saw you did Peace and Breath - "my" Norman.

Pam - Did you levitate home after that massage/reflexology session? I had to look up deer pose, as I wasn't familiar with the name, but as it turns out, I've done the pose. Your back to basics series sounds interesting. I've been doing food journaling this week. I made a spreadsheet on my desktop, so it hasn't felt like too much of a chore. Years back I was told to keep a headache diary for my migraines - I started to feel as though my entire world revolved around headaches.

Sherry - Wow, a piano is quite a gift - hope you enjoy it. Keeping my fingers crossed the rain holds off for delivery. I'm also curious about the air fryer as so many people I know have mentioned how much they enjoy theirs. I'll bet your house smelled amazing this morning with the apples cooking. Is the crustless spinach quiche recipe on-line? That sounds like something I'd like. I need to revisit Gina's website, as we were using a number of her recipes for a while. We did a knock off on this one recently: https://www.skinnytaste.com/eggs-pizzaiola/ So easy and quick. And yummy.

Pat - I must admit, I'd never heard of Husafell Stone until your recent link and dutifully watched the video. Good golly I wonder how many crushed toes result from that! Hopefully you'll excavate that thing from the box soon and let us know how you like it and whether you'd buy one. And when it comes to other rocks and crystals - I could easily fall down a rabbit hole dabbling with those! I must confess to looking at various web sites for some crystals over the past few months.

Jackie - I'd vote for sunny and 75 in a heartbeat!!! I'm glad your new classes have been well-received. Doing a live Essentrics class is on my lengthy bucket list.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-20, 01:32 PM  
sherry7899

Cyana, the quiche recipe is one my mom found eons ago. I can type it out this weekend . You can make it using broccoli or spinach. I usually double the recipe and make it in a 13 x 9 inch pan.

It is raining pretty hard. They should be arriving soon. Hopefully it will taper off.

Old 01-25-20, 10:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Jessica’s Prehab workout
~Walking Online Autumn Walk (YT) - I really like this, good music & I found her visual cuing easy to follow. I enjoyed no talking, just got into the music.
~45 min Restorative & Yin Class with a Wheel (YT) - Thank you for the link Sherry! ETA - A couple of the poses felt a bit awkward but I enjoyed it. It was a nice stretchy practice.
~Headstand & legs up the wall

Cyana - I felt like I was floating after my treatment!

Sherry - Enjoy your piano, that is a wonderful gift! I hope it arrives safe & dry!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-26-20, 11:22 AM  
Twigs

Happy Sunday everyone!

I forgot the internet drops more at the weekend. However, I did mange to get through most of:
- PA Mat workout with Tom McCook based on the Franklin method. A very nice practice for taking care of the spine and some proprioceptive work.
- MFML Yoga for Happiness: Gratitude

Pam - Your treatment sounds like bliss. I like the WOWs from time to time without all the chatter. The music is usually uplifting too.

Sherry - Thank you so much for the links.:-) I hope to get a chance in Las Vegas to browse through the books if they have them in Barnes and Noble before my flight. How nice to get gifted a piano. I took piano lessons for 8 years when I was a child - exams and competitions too, now those I hated. I still have my piano but must admit I don’t play often and couldn’t tackle the pieces now that I used to do back then. I remember playing was very relaxing. Hope you have fun with it.

Cyana - Thank you for the link to the jicama recipes. I put some in a soup, which was nice because it didn’t break up. I was just planning on roasting it, along with a bunch of other veg in the oven in a little olive oil. My DH didn’t care for the taste of the Daikon, so don’t think I’ll be using it much more while we’re here. I hope you can get to the root cause of your migraines. I remember during my course that there are a myriad of reasons for them. That’s what I love about my training; you can test for 200+ foods, heavy metals, pollens/grasses etc, bacteria, viruses, fungi, hormones and vitamin and mineral deficiencies all within the space of an hour. It’s a pity you don’t live nearby. You’ll have to come to the UK, so I can test you.

A big wave to Pat and Jackie.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote