Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-20, 10:12 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hi all....

I taught 2 classes yesterday...kind of stiff today. Ugh. It was fun to introduce a fresh group of people in a different school district to Essentrics.

Today I teach my Aging Backwards style class. I don't think I'll much more than walk the dog.

Sherry, thank you for the offer. I think I should pass as there is probably another VFer that would use those dvds more than I would.

Pat I saw on the GD you are laptop shopping. My dh just bought me a refurbished Dell that I like. I also really like my Chromebook with a big screen for streaming workouts or web browsing.

Margo that is my favorite thing about Essentrics...the flows.

Cyana I hear you on winter. Aubrey and I haven't been skiing yet this winter...not so excited to go. It's better here this week...in the 30's by the weekend...but I'd like 75 and sunny right now.

Pam how are you this week?

Big hugs. Gotta run.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 11:05 AM  
sherry7899

I tried 10 minutes of Christi Taylor's "Still Jumpin" and gave up. The warmup was way too fast, and I kept ending up on the wrong foot. I'll try it again some other time.

I then did ten minutes of Soul Sweat with Erin "Imagination". I am still low energy, so twenty minutes of cardio is better than not doing it.

After that I did Rodney Yee AM Yoga for your week hip openers.

I'll check back later with personals.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 09:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~ETV: Jenny Bertrand’s new Full Body Workout
~MFML: Twist to Unwind
~Headstand & legs up the wall

I hear everyone about winter, I always start craving some warm sun around this time! We’ve exchanged our snow for a deluge of rain. It’s very dreary! My camellia is budding & the daffodils are poking out of the ground so that’s a positive sign. We’ve booked a trip to Hawaii in Feb, using our travel points for flights & booked an econo Airbnb. I can’t wait for the sun, sand, sea, & fresh ahi tuna!

Jackie - Two classes a day is a lot, I hope it brings you new students! I’m plugging along, keeping things gentle as I was told by my PT. I think I’m improving, but on the other hand I fear I’m losing & strength & endurance. I’ll just have to work my way back gradually when I get clearance to do so. I get needled again on Monday.

Cyana - You will have buns of steel!

Pat - I have a Lenovo laptop with a 15’ screen that I bought at Costco a few years ago. It’s not fancy but it works well, haven’t had any issues with it.

Sherry - I like Christi, loved some if her hi/lo workouts like Mission Possible, but they just move a bit too fast for me these days. That AMY4YW Hip opener practice is a personal favorite!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 10:23 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Today, DH and I took a 1 1/2 hour drive down to Quartzsite, where they have a Rocks and Gems show running January and February. It reminded of a massive State Fair; the Rocks/Gems only took up about 10% of the hundreds of vendors. They call it the RV capital and they’re not joking. I’ve never seen so many RVs in my life! I enjoyed looking at the massive geodes and other gorgeous pieces but all were way too large to take back in a suitcase. It was nice but too crowded for me.

The weather here has been warm and sunny most days and it’s predicted to be in the mid-70s for the next week or so. As much as I love the sunshine, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m actually looking forward to going home, where I know it’ll be cold and gloomy!

I managed to get in:
- Essentrics (YouTube): Mini Posture and Waist and Abs Toning with Sahra. Also, Shoulders and Upper Back with Gail
- MFML Peace and Breath

Pam and Jackie - I’m interested to know what you think of Jenny Bertrand’s new workout? I’m so glad they’re starting to introduce some new instructors on their site

Pam - Hawaii sounds wonderful.

Sherry - I really like that segment of Rodney Yee’s AM Yoga. Hope you get your energy back soon.

Pat - Hope you’re not too sore from that butt kicker!

Waves to Cyana.

I’m off to do some meditation now. I got out of the habit of doing a daily practice and I really need to get back into it.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 10:40 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Margot! You’ve been to some interesting places on your trip! When do you head home? I liked Jenny’s new workout, but she does talk a lot and seems almost a bit hyper. It’s probably nervousness. I’d sure be nervous, lol. She is a very good instructor, does excellent cuing.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 11:11 PM  
Twigs

Thanks Pam for your thoughts on Jenny’s class. I’d be nervous too! I’m looking forward to trying it when I get home. We leave Saturday week, so still have a bit more time to explore some new walking trails. The shopping isn’t great here and unfortunately, there are no bookstores, where I could easily spend half a day just browsing. Luckily, there is a good library, which has been a life-saver. I think for our next winter break, it’ll have to be somewhere by the ocean. My DH lived in Hawaii for a year, so maybe I can twist his arm and get him to take me there!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 11:23 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quick pop in...Margot, I really liked Jenny's workout. I'm with you in that I'm glad they are introducing other instructors. I've actually met Jenny...she taught L2 in Colorado and was assisting when I went to L4 in Montreal. She is very sweet...and I'd suspect she was nervous!

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 01-23-20, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Day 30 - a morning awareness meditation, otherwise no formal exercise. Had my book club meeting last night.

Margot, wish I could have been at the minerals show with you! I only began dabbling in crystals a couple years ago and am astounded at what an industry it is. Wow I did realize RVs are so popular, either. I bet it got tiring.

Pam, how wonderful - Hawaii! You've been there before, no? Good luck with the rain, how dreary.

Jackie thank you for the laptop feedback. Are you going to teach two classes regularly on that day?

Hope you are feeling better Sherry.

Good morning to Cyana and anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-20, 10:45 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Pat---I will do the 2 classes/day on Tuesdays until May when my kids' classes finish. Then I'll see how I feel and what the people in the town south of me want to do.

I would have to renegotiate with that school, as I'd be driving specifically for that class.

Old 01-23-20, 05:19 PM  
sherry7899

Pat, thank you! I am feeling better.

Today was Rodney Yee's AMY4YW "Twists" practice. I may do the forward bends practice tomorrow. I will get back to cardio tomorrow.

Have a nice evening-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote