Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-20, 11:46 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Thanks Sherry. I will check them out. Although...Essentrics always is my priority or preference. I do enjoy the tai chi component of Essentrics so I keep thinking I should take a class.

How many dvds are in the YTU Level 1, Sherry?

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 12:53 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics PCW 10 - standing half
~5 km walk
~yoga sequence....half forward fold, deer, intense shoulder stretch, half frog in sphinx, figure 4 at the wall, twisted roots, legs up the wall

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:04 AM  
sherry7899

Jackie, it is a six dvd set.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I need to catch up! I've been in mope mode with a few bright spots. Fortunately, yesterday I had the day off, DH had to work, and I spent the day alone binge reading and napping. It felt like a reset. So, I've been up to:

Saturday, Sadhana Day 26 - Tias Little, Building Better Bones in Yoga.

Sunday, Sadhana Day 27 - my YTT grandniece Charlotte led me and her mother in a private yoga class at the arts center where she works.

Monday, Sadhana Day 28 - took a break from binge reading and worked on some of the asana from Charlotte's class: lunge-y variations and kneeling half moon pose.

The yoga class with my grandniece was heavenly. She challenged us but it was still doable, with some shaking and grunting/groaning both on my part and my niece's part. She began with an open heart meditation, and after savasana she led us in a so hum meditation. I was bursting with pride and the wonder at how my little ballerina princess is now a yoga teacher and working on her old Aunt Pat.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, please describe your shoulder stretch? Thanks for the reminder about deer pose.

Jackie, how goes it with your weather?

I hope you feel better soon Sherry. I'm not a Jill Miller fan, but thank you for the offer.

Margot, that buffering is so frustrating!

Cyana, mimosas sound nice anytime.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Old 01-21-20, 11:35 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Pat - Your niece’s class sounds lovely! Here is a link to the intense shoulder stretch, can’t find a Sanskrit name for it:
https://www.yogabycandace.com/blog/yoga-for-shoulders

Sherry - I had all of the YTU sets at one time. I still have level 4 but haven’t used it for ages. I hope you feel better today!

Back later to post my workouts...

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 04:10 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Pat! I don't feel as badly today. I am glad you had the house to yourself yesterday to read and nap.

Pam, I stopped buying the Yoga Tune Up at home set after level one. I knew I would not use them. I wish I enjoyed them more.

Jackie, if you do want them, just let me know. I'd send them for the cost of postage. (media insured)

This morning I did yoga and meditation on my own and a 20 minute workout from Body Groove Fit.

I didn't have space to do my usual workout. I didn't get up early enough to complete one in our finished basement before my DH started work. My DH had said yesterday he would bring up the new shelves, so yesterday I took out all my DVDS and had them in neat stacks all over the floor by instructor. The room is small (10 x 11) and has a recumbent bike, treadmill, tv, bookshelf for dvds and cabinet for my yoga dvds. He ended up not moving the shelves yesterday, so this morning I had to shove them all aisde to make a little space to exercise (sigh). I could not do Soul Sweat or kickboxing-no room. He did move them today, so I got everything set up and put away. It looks really nice, and I have room to put the dvds in single rows instead of double so I can see them all. I should use more of them since I won't forget what I have.

I told my husband it was nice to have space to see everything, and he teased me that would not last long. I told him I hardly bought any dvds anymore. Hardly anyone releases any. I don't think he believes me. Yet I moved my dvds out of the finished basement in the first place because he needed the shelves for his always expanding cd/dvd/record collection that he adds to constantly. Sigh.....

Have a nice evening-
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:37 PM  
cyana

Quick post and run.

I've been doing N.O. dumps this week along with some breath work and meditation. I'd gotten out of the habit of doing N.O. dumps, so it's been fun to do them again - and get in 80 squats if I do two rounds.

Editorial comment: I am over winter - tired of being cold!!

Hope to get in to chat soon - waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 10:00 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Besides our daily walk,yesterday was:
- PA Ken Gilbert Mat work with the towel
- YR Yin Leg Day
- MFML Hit the Wall Hatha. I finally managed to get through it this time without the internet dropping off. I especially liked the second half: down dog with legs up the wall and using the wall as a brace for a good shoulder stretch.

Today:
- BG Groovy Yoga
- Lee Holden’s class from Jan 18, 19.

Cyana - You’re going to have buns of steel doing all those squats.

Sherry - How nice to have some extra space for your DVDs. I bought Jill Miller’s YTUAH whole set at the time, as I thought it would save me a lot of extra postage. I’ve never got beyond the first level.

Pat - How wonderful to have a class led by your grandniece.

Pam - Hope your back is feeling better after your needling.

Jackie - I probably like qigong so much because it does remind me a lot of Essentrics. I’m going to subscribe when I get home, as I ran into a glitch trying to sign up here. It’s a pity they don’t still let you use paypal.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Sadhana Day 29 - Sarah Beth Full Body Flexibility Yoga Stretch;
~ Floor PT;
~ Lower Body Strength Mat Pilates with Kit Rich

The Pilates was a real butt kicker. It utilizes the hip circle resistance band I got for home PT. Whew - surprised I can walk today.

Have a wonderful day! Stay warm, I saw even Florida is in the 40s.