Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-17-20, 10:15 AM  
sherry7899

Quick post.....dismal workout week!

Yesterday I tried Scott Cole's "Disco Dojo" dvd and lasted 15 minutes before stopping. I had no energy, and although I adore Scott's humor and personality, the workout and music were just boring.

I did the first two segments of Scott Cole's "Tai Chi meditation cd" which was lovely.

This morning I did the Soul Sweat with Lucy class titled "January Blues." I don't think I've done this one before.

I plan to do yoga later.

I will try to post personals later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 10:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings, keeping it gentle after another IMS treatment. He did about 20 needles from my foot all the way up to my mid back, a few were definitely zingers!
~gentle forward bends, hip openers, side stretches, & twists
~legs up the wall

Margot - What a beautiful video! Did you go up in one?

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 09:22 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

Had a rest day yesterday, although still did a lot of walking.

Today was:
- Body Groove HIIT #2. This workout is 40 minutes with instructions and 35 minutes without. I did the first 20 minutes. Misty led one of the tracks. Most everyone had shoes on in this one, as it had some high impact moves. Shaping up to be another favourite workout.
- 1 1/2 hour walk along the shoreline.
- PA Mat workout with Benjamin Degenhardt.
- Lee Holden Jan 15 class (short version)
- Jessica Smith Yoga Stretch

I’m glad you liked the balloon video. Pat and Pam, I’d love to go up in a balloon. However, I’d need some kind of hypnotherapy for that to ever happen! This woman is keeping her feet firmly on the ground.

Pam - I liked your balloon emoji. Hope the needling helped. That’s a lot of needles!

Jackie - Hope the snowstorm wasn’t as bad as you thought.

Sherry - I like Scott Cole’s personality too. Glad you enjoyed his T’ai Chi meditation.

Waves to Cyana and anyone stopping by today.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 08:11 PM  
cyana

Quick post and run. Not dead, although I sure am dragging, as the insomnia gremlins have attacked full force the past week. I won't bore you with my less than stellar work-outs! Keeping my fingers crossed for a much better week.

Margot - I enjoyed watching your DH's video of the balloons. Some years back, DH gifted me a hot air balloon ride for my birthday - it was such a fun experience. We got to help set everything up and enjoyed mimosas after our successful return to earth. I'm glad you're enjoying the ginger almond butter and I agree chocolate would make it even more drool-worthy!!

Sherry - When Disco Dojo was released, I was so excited because it sounded like it would be fun. I watched the previews and didn't feel the least bit inclined to purchase. I really like Scott, but that one just didn't speak to me, unfortunately.

Pam - Hope you're getting some relief from the last needling treatment. I got the shivers just thinking about those zingers and that's a perfect descriptive term.

Jackie - Hope you aren't frozen solid from the recent swath of winter storms. Have you tried the new Essentrics app yet?

Waves to Pat!

Need to run - I'm holding down the fort for my team tomorrow, so I need to be ready to rock and roll.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 08:26 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Yesterday’s offerings, took it easy to let Friday’s treatment sink in....
~My own practice....half forward bend, side stretch/hip opener over a bolster, deer, fire log, twisted roots, reclined deep shoulder stretch, half frog/sphinx, half happy baby

Today’s workouts:
~neighborhood walk
~Essentrics Stretch in Motion: Shoulders, Upper Back, & Hamstrings
~Jessica’s Barre Fitness: Cardio Ballet - modified the impact moves
~MFML: Relax into the Evening - this is a favorite gentle yin, all done at the wall

Margot - I need to try more a Body Groove workouts before my month runs out, so far I’m lukewarm on them. Yep, my feet are firm on the ground too!

Cyana - I’m sorry about the insomnia! As someone who’s afraid of heights, I’m in awe of you going up in a balloon!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-19-20, 10:05 PM  
Twigs

Happy Sunday all!

The internet keeps buffering for me this evening. It took me about 20 minutes to get through 8 minutes of MFML’s Hatha at the Wall, so I finally gave up and chose some shorter workouts (10 minutes or so) on YT instead.

Today was:
- 90 minute walk along the shoreline at the State Park.
- Brett Larkin Morning Twists
- Brett Larkin Morning Kriya, Kundalini for Beginners
- YR Yin for Hips

Cyana - So sorry you’re suffering with insomnia. Hopefully, it will resolve itself this coming week. Like Pam, I bow down to you for being able to go up in a balloon. My DH did paramotoring for years and can’t understand my fear of heights. My knees used to go like jelly, just watching him at 1000’ from the ground, calmly sitting in a chair with a motor strapped to his back!

Pam - I think Body Groove is an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it. You may perhaps enjoy Julia’s balanced core or twist workouts, which are completely different.

Waves to all!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 10:25 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Margot - It was Cyana who went up a balloon, not me, lol. I’m a complete chicken when it comes to heights! I will try more Body Groove workouts in a week or two, just being gentle with my back right now while I’m going through these treatments. I may try another month later on. Hatha at the Wall is on my MFML to do list.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-19-20, 11:41 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello all!

My classes were cancelled yesterday due to weather so I had a weekend off of teaching Essentrics. CE cancelled and I ended up cancelling my free library "Discover Essentrics" gig...which I am sure nobody would come out for. The snow subsided but the roads...and the wind....eeek.

So I did CS episodes yesterday and today and also have been playing with my Barre3 workouts...I added on a "mindful flow" workout both days and liked them. Sort of like Ellen Barrett yoga to music.

Cyana...I have ETV but not the ap. I think it is all the same though. I am sorry about the insomnia. I hate that.

Margot...dh would love to have a ride in a hot air balloon. I might be too chicken. Eeek!

Sherry...I have always wondered about Scott Cole's Tai Chi workout. I wonder if I'd like it.

Pat...I hope you're doing well!

Pam....I might be with you on too chicken to hot air balloon!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 08:06 AM  
sherry7899

Jackie-the tai chi meditationwas a meditation cd where you hold a yoga asana through the meditation. I think it's available used on Amazon and was also released under another title. It may also be available as a download from his site. I will check later.

Margot, thanks for sharing the video! There is a balloon festival every year not far from my MIL's house. We can watch it from her backyard. She lives in a rural area.

Cyana, I am so sorry about the miserable sleep. I hope last night went better.

Pam, I am glad your snow cleared out. We got a little on Saturday, but it melted quickly. I hope your back is improving. I am so sorry you are going through pain-hugs!

I love Misty, but I have to be in the right mood to us them, if that makes sense. I am really looking forward to House Party 2 and Body Groove Hiit. I hope they both are released on dvd and sold on Amazon. That way I can avoid shipping charges and use my Amazon Visa card reward points or an Amazon gift card.

Pat, enjoy your day off!

Yesterday:

Soul Sweat class with Chantal "From the Founder of Soul Sweat" 68 minutes. I think I either have never done this one, or only did it once. I really enjoyed it. The choreography was a little more complex, but I caught on fairly well and kept moving.

After that I did Sarah Beth Yoga for TOM (ugh!)

I'm not sure about today. I will definitely do yoga, but cramps/headache may prevent me from cardio.

I will try to check back later.

Sherry

ETA for Jackie:

https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Music...9525811&sr=8-5

there are two other Amazon listings for it with insane prices!

It looks like purple platform sells the cd under its other title as a download for $5.99:

https://go.platformpurple.com/shop/5...l&product=5358

I enjoy his tai chi dvds, but do not use them often enough. Yoga always wins out for me over doing tai chi and qi gong. I want to fit them all in!

Old 01-20-20, 02:17 PM  
sherry7899

I think today may just be meditation. TOM is making me feel really crappy. I know yoga would help, but I'm just not in the mood. I'm going to microwave a heat wrap and use it to see if it helps the lovely cramps....sorry for TMI!

My husband decided he isn't using a large bookshelf in our finished basement, and offered it to me for my workouts upstairs. I am currently using a small bookshelf that does not fit them all. Woo hoo! I will be glad to get dvds out of crates and put them on shelves. Our son will hopefully be home to help him move the shelves up two flights of stairs (ack!) later today. I am looking forward to organizing the dvds, and I will take out ones I decide not to keep in the process. I am doing major decluttering of dvds this year.

Would anyone here use any of the Level One Jill Miller Yoga Tune up at home dvds?
I really thought I would use these back when I bought the set, but they have been gathering dust for years. I just find them boring. I know they are for rehab and they aren't meant to be fun, of course! I'll offer them here first.

Sherry