Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-20, 01:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s offerings:
~taught Essentrics
~Gentle stretches on my own...Jill Miller’s reclined leg series, deer pose, seated half forward bend, reclined sukhasana variation, wide leg forward bend, legs up the wall

It’s been snowing off & on since yesterday and it’s piling up! We rarely get a big dump like this, some years we don’t get any. Weather everywhere is pretty wacky these days. Funny when we went outside, the trees were laden with snow yet there was one lonely camellia flower peeking out, a lovely little bright spot. We went out for a walk, only got half a block before I slipped and landed on my knee. The perils of not owning proper winter boots! It’s a bit tender, but not too bad, so another reason to keep things gentle. I feel like I’m starting to lose some strength and cardio stamina, ugh!

Pat - Anyone I know who’s had cataract surgery says it’s a breeze & improved their vision greatly. I’m looking at it at some point, but last fall the ophthalmologist said mine are very early and he’s watching them.

Sherry - Aw, so nice you got to see your new grand nephew!

Cyana - Lovely yoga day for you!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 10:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Another mopey day for me yesterday, don't know what's going on. It feels like my own planet is retrograde. Anyway, for Day 22 I tried Digestive Booster with Tiffany Cruikshank (Glo) and it was a very nice, different series of poses.

Pam, I hope you "get" to have cataract surgery soon. To tell the truth I'm looking forward to it. Wow more snow for you? I hope your knee is 100% soon and nothing residual, ouch.

Cyana, the doctor had a video for me to watch and he said in it that prolonging the surgery only causes more problems. That must have hurt your DH like heck. Good workouts and yoga for you!

I'm somewhat recovered from my Hussafell stone experience but have large bruises on both biceps and inner wrist muscles are sore. The dehydrator is still in the box on the LR floor.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 08:30 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Hello all...getting lots of snow and cold in MN. Break out the ski pants!

Anyway, my "aging backwards" style class...on Wednesday...is really growing. I had 3 people come today to try it out and they signed up. So that class is at 11...which is decent for a daytime class in a small town. I'm just really grateful people come.

ETA I did Ellen's "Prayer Flow" and was pretty underwhelmed with it. It was ok.

Pam and Pat....one of my best friend's dh had cataract surgery and it was a breeze for him.

Sherry...I miss babies, but wow are they work.

Cyana....I am thinking I will get brave and make some chaga tea this week.

Waves to anyone else who pops in!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-20, 11:14 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~ETV Classical Stretch episode 1123 Shoulder Pain - very pleasant & gentle with similar trademarks to PCW 9
~Jenny Ford MAA Hawaii
~Yoga Collective: Open Your Hips - started out with some interesting variations but ended up in the splits...definitely not in my wheelhouse, lol
~Headstand & legs up the wall

We are definitely snowed in, lol, but it’s all good. We are warm, cosy, & stocked up on food. We will venture out on Friday as I have a PT appt, providing they are open. My students might show up tomorrow as one has a 4wd vehicle. My knee is still tender, but not too bad, this too shall pass!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-16-20, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone. Another lackluster day here. As much as I hate the sun, I'm starting to think the lack of it is getting to me. Anyway:

~ Floor PT
~ Sadhana Day 23, my own sequence of child's pose and twisting child's pose, double pigeon, gomukasana, twists and forward bends in easy pose, single leg bow, sphinx, reclining rock pose and camel pose.

Wow Pam still snowed in! I hope you make it to your PT appointment with no events. How are they with clearing snow in your area?

Jackie, good news about your Aging Backwards class.

Greetings to Sherry, Margot, Cyana and anyone who visits!
Old 01-16-20, 09:35 AM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Just trying a quick post, as the internet here is so screwy!

Still walking for hours a day, doing a daily Lee Holden qigong and adding in some MFML, Pilates and my own Yin stretches.

Today so far:
- Body Groove HIIT
- PA Add-on arms using 3 lb weights.

Everyone stay warm and keep safe.
Old 01-16-20, 10:01 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Body Groove HIIT - first 20 min - I liked it but stopped when she went down to the floor. I’m still babying my back & knee. I did the pushups at the barre
Jessica’s Stride Stretch & Relax
~Headstand & legs up the wall.

Pat - It has stopped snowing and the melt has started. Yay! DH will drive me to my PT appt in the morning as our street is still pretty snowy. I’ve become a snow wimp, lol, with being away last winter and no snow the winter before that. So it’s been 3 years since I last drove in it. Silly as I lived on the prairies for decades.
ETA Sorry you’re in a winter funk, sending you (((hugs))).

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-16-20, 10:09 PM  
Margot

An update on my workouts. I just did:
- MFML Morning Magic 6
- PA Mat class with Michael Fritzke and Ton Vogt
- Lee Holden Jan 13 short class

My internet keeps dropping off, so apologies for keeping it brief.

Pat - Sorry you’re feeling a bit blue. I must admit I’m enjoying the sunshine. At the moment, it’s dreary, cold and very wet in the UK. However, I couldn’t live here full-time.

Pam - Snow is lovely when you don’t have to go out! Hope it clears so you can make your PT appointment tomorrow.

Sherry - How wonderful to have a cuddle with your new grand nephew. He didn’t waste any time coming into this world. Wow, I bet your niece was relieved she made it to the hospital. Your cookies always sound so good.

Jackie - Congrats on your classes filling up - especially at this time of the year, when it’s harder to venture out in the cold weather.

Cyana - The ginger almond butter arrived. It’s yummy. The jar is going down rather quickly. I’m thinking that ginger and chocolate go so well together, so I may throw in some chocolate chips next time I have a mouthful!

My DH made a short movie of the balloon festival, if anyone is interested. Pam, there were a few of your countrymen here with their balloons. Quite a drive to get here!
https://youtu.be/3nT5LltoUz0
Old 01-17-20, 08:38 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Popping in, waiting for the snowstorm to hit MN!

Margot, I enjoyed your husband's video! What a treat to see all those balloons. Beautiful!

More later.....

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Another blase day. Day 24 was meditation. In the evening I selected a nice looking Glo practice, but didn't get to it.

Thanks for sharing the video Margot! How breathtaking. I love the black, gold, orange and red one. Did you go up for a ride in one?

Good morning everyone, I have to hit the decks. TGIF!!!!!!